Reason 11.2 Out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At least there’s some acknowledgement of the UI limitations and it’s on the roadmap. That’s way more than Korg is willing to do with a way worse problem with the Legacy Collection.

Really good update though.

Fantastic news -- upgrade to suite time for me!
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:13 pm Fantastic news -- upgrade to suite time for me!
Don't forget to update your sig, too ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:14 pm
Psuper wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:13 pm Fantastic news -- upgrade to suite time for me!
Don't forget to update your sig, too ;) :D
Hahah good point -- done and done time to go play!
Have you tried Vital?

Anosou wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:00 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:07 pmWith their utter lack of response to the high-PPI GUI issue, yeah, it does seem like they’ve never heard that request before.
I have said several times that we're aware and will definitely get to it, in fact we are working on the graphics part of Reason right now. I can't say when/how it'll be released and in what shape, it's quite a big undertaking, but we're on it and of course we want our product to look awesome! :party:
My apologies for missing this [several times] statement, several times :oops:

Please tell me it won’t be all flat fad minimalism garbage. I just want the *current* visual design in high resolution.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:53 pmPlease tell me it won’t be all flat fad minimalism garbage. I just want the *current* visual design in high resolution.
Yeah, I'd love modernised BUT still traditional Reason look. Unfortunately, recently more and more REs completely drop the "Reason look" and/or look like s**t, as if there's no quality control or acceptance procedure anymore:

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:20 pm Not only that. If I'm not mistaken, with the MIDI Out you can now take Synchronous, Pulsar or any LFO and route it out from Reason Rack VST as a CC and use to modulate parameters in VSTs or native devices in host DAW that doesn't have that, e.g. Studio One or Cubase! :o
I'm assuming yes if you're mentioning it, but didn't find an answer briefly searching this AM (had to move on)... do both S1 and Cubase support one VSTi sending midi CC info to another? In the Reason video example the guy said Live didn't, so he used Logic instead. I was curious about S1 and Cubase myself. I haven't used that capability yet myself, but it opens up a lot of potential to try.

This is great news! I jumped back into Reason a couple of years ago primarily to use the Players. Being able to route that MIDI data into my primary DAW is huge. It’s a shame about Ableton not supporting CC’s from VST3 right now, but I’ll take what I can get.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

This is a fantastic update. Seems like the old days of Reason where they would offer piddly changes (now we have a browser!) as full version paid upgrades are hopefully a thing of the past . . . .

Still hoping for an AAX version...

Best,

Geoff
Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Really sweet update. But as an Ableton user / Rack VST user, it doesn't work yet!! Reason has done the right thing, now Ableton needs to just support VST3 midi out, oooof.

mholloway wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:18 pm Really sweet update. But as an Ableton user / Rack VST user, it doesn't work yet!! Reason has done the right thing, now Ableton needs to just support VST3 midi out, oooof.
i don't understand your comment. :?
i'm using the same combo and of course it works. i think there is even a video that shows the rack midi out working in live

mholloway wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:18 pm Really sweet update. But as an Ableton user / Rack VST user, it doesn't work yet!! Reason has done the right thing, now Ableton needs to just support VST3 midi out, oooof.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SR_qQDGHuI

Hope this helps.

Gosh wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:31 pm i don't understand your comment. :?
i'm using the same combo and of course it works. i think there is even a video that shows the rack midi out working in live
I think the difference is midi notes vs. midi CC info? My impression was that Live doesn't support sending midi CC from one VSTi to another, but note info works fine. That one video showed the demo going to Logic for that using Midi FX. I was wondering if either Cubase 10.x or Studio One 4.x supports this as well. S1 has proprietary midi FX, but I don't think 3rd party via VSTi's is supported.

I could be entirely confused as well though, so looking for answers myself.

Now if Reason can host VSTs in it's AU plugin I will be overjoyed! I'd love to use Kong with the Flux 8ch EQ and route each sound into the EQ within the reason rack using the 8channels, how awesome would this be!!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”