Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:42 am
detritusdave wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:43 pm Not wanting to (hopefully) sound like a dick... but the words 'content creator' make me vomit glass from my eyes...
Content is what is used to fill empty spaces such as empty boxes, empty cupboards, empty Youtube channels and empty lives. Content is what people create when they don't know how to create art.
Well said :clap:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Most of the people who consume "content" actually only want content. They do not want art.
They do not want to think. They just want a steady stream of homogenized shit to stream into their eyeballs so they dont realize content is all they have in their lives and minds.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:51 pm Most of the people who consume "content" actually only want content. They do not want art.
They do not want to think. They just want a steady stream of homogenized shit to stream into their eyeballs so they dont realize content is all they have in their lives and minds.
It makes me sad that I couldn’t find myself disagreeing with you.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

detritusdave wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:43 pm Not wanting to (hopefully) sound like a dick... but the words 'content creator' make me vomit glass from my eyes...
I gave you a point for the painfully creative visual 👍🏼 and for responding to fads appropriately 😉
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

highkoo wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:51 pm Most of the people who consume "content" actually only want content. They do not want art.
While there may be some truth to that, I think it’s a gross oversimplification. It fails to acknowledge that the audience is compromised of individuals, and that those people are complex, with diverse preferences and interests and areas of expertise. Painting everyone with a single broad brush only serves to portray them as two dimensional cartoon characters.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:52 pm It's not uncommon for people to try to brush off negative feedback by swearing that the thing being criticised was intentional. But, to give you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you could explain which part of your concept involves making a speech-heavy video sound so bad, and why.

Not sure why you'd think that what people want to do is 'read' ten-minute long videos, or use voice-to-text. Is it your opinion that the information you'll be disseminating is worthy of people jumping through such loopholes?
EMReviews wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:45 amOr a Barry White voice emulation, veeeery deep, calm.
Great! Barry had a great voice to listen to. Unfortunately, having just heard a snippet of the female-narrated video (Which manages to be even more slammed & crappy), I get the feeling you just don't really know how to treat audio, and that you'd only manage to destroy a voice such as Barry's :shrug:
EMReviews wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:45 amLet the kids play around.
That's apt :tu:
If you feel, we try to brush something off, well, that's an opinion. We're fine with that.

Explaining the concept, hmmm, let me think... no :) All I can say is open your eyes. It works already, so obviously. Even RIGHT here.
EMReviews wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:45 amMaybe in the future we might end up with skipping the avatar, even a narrator, just bold text over album snippets, since some apps can read it with the voice of your choice.
Means not more not less than - no idea, what the future brings. Maybe it's hip then to let an app read every BS we are too lazy to read ourselves, even though it's completely stupid and not really a progress for our kind. But hey, look, people hunt for pokemons on the streets. Nothing's impossible.

Yeah, we don't know how to treat audio. Finally, after decades in smokey studios, someone told us. :tu:

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:38 pm im less sure about being in touch now.
agree with elbo, the voiceovers need sorting, its not stylistic its badly done.

yes, youre just starting, but if you want musicians to take the channel seriously, you should too.
i wish you well, hopefully youll get things ironed out in time and settle on a formula that works.
for now, experiment but dont expect everyone to "get it" ;)
No problem. Things are fine (for us) as they are. ;)

highkoo wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:28 pm Yea, I get that an album is a meatier thing to format a review around, and might make for a more enjoyable review to watch. I just mean that in the big scheme of electronic music right now, a whole lot happens outside of full albums. But if youre not being strict about it thats probably enough.
Indeed. It would be too overwhelming for the beginning to look in parallel to all and everything that's a release. When we say album, we often think of a 12-16 tracks monster. But especially in the Ambient niche there are often albums with just three tracks, which therefore tend to be "lenghty" compared to average works of 3-5mins. Not a rare thing to have pieces of 20 mins and beyond. So, sometimes it's really hard to decide, let's called it album or EP, when its duration hits the 60 minutes, still being just 3 or 4 tracks. We pick both, as long it's a pleasure to listen to, no matter whether labeled album or EP.

deastman wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:59 pm
While there may be some truth to that, I think it’s a gross oversimplification. It fails to acknowledge that the audience is compromised of individuals, and that those people are complex, with diverse preferences and interests and areas of expertise. Painting everyone with a single broad brush only serves to portray them as two dimensional cartoon characters.
Especially since it's a common term in the Youtube community. They call themselves either content creators, or rather Youtube creators since the early days of YT - even though this sounds a bit fishy to me. Only ONE individual really created Youtube. If we want to go 'n split hairs...... ;)

EMReviews wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:31 pm
deastman wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:59 pm
Especially since it's a common term in the Youtube community. They call themselves either content creators, or rather Youtube creators since the early days of YT - even though this sounds a bit fishy to me. Only ONE individual really created Youtube. If we want to go 'n split hairs...... ;)
Yea Im talking extremes here, but that is where it has gotten to over time.
Its a spectrum of individuals always, but we have all been getting slowly pushed to increased speed and input, and for sure most of these effects are happening on the youngest people, who have now been raised with this information maelstrom.

Most of these platforms and forms of entertainment started with some nuggets of honest.. something, Im sure. And people consumed it with the same directness. If you are into some hobby or something, you want to use the www to seek out info on it. Maybe talk about it, maybe listen to someone talk about it. That makes sense. Maybe thats really what the internet should be about, and a lot of it still is.
But, monetize that, and allow the world to be consumed by it for a decade or two... and now we kind of really do have some two dimensional cartoon shit going on. Huge numbers of people spending huge amounts of time on Content that has no content, because it was designed specifically to be that.
Its now one of the largest ecosystems of human emotional profiteering. We have filled the www with clouds of our bullshit and convinced the kids that its real life. There are thousands that aspire to be people who create Content with no content...

I have a strange perspective maybe. I am 'middle aged'. I am single. I have no kids.
I have never had any social media of my own, or a smartphone.
But, via my involvement with hobbies and profession, I have maintained an understanding of what the 18-25 year olds are up to, and technology. My gut tells me its getting weird, and I could think its me getting old, but then I look at the actual stats to go with it. Some horrible shit is very popular. :scared:
EMReviews wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:19 pm
highkoo wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:28 pm Yea, I get that an album is a meatier thing to format a review around, and might make for a more enjoyable review to watch. I just mean that in the big scheme of electronic music right now, a whole lot happens outside of full albums. But if youre not being strict about it thats probably enough.
Indeed. It would be too overwhelming for the beginning to look in parallel to all and everything that's a release. When we say album, we often think of a 12-16 tracks monster. But especially in the Ambient niche there are often albums with just three tracks, which therefore tend to be "lenghty" compared to average works of 3-5mins. Not a rare thing to have pieces of 20 mins and beyond. So, sometimes it's really hard to decide, let's called it album or EP, when its duration hits the 60 minutes, still being just 3 or 4 tracks. We pick both, as long it's a pleasure to listen to, no matter whether labeled album or EP.
:tu:

Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:56 pm
It makes me sad that I couldn’t find myself disagreeing with you.
I have a real bummer of a perspective on a lot of things.
But to be honest, I think the bright side is that its so bad that there is a clear stratification of creative work in the world. Almost everyone has an innate ability to detect "Art" from "Content", I think. The problem is that many of the youngest of us literally want Content. Literally have instincts molded by and for Content, and dont have patience or curiosity for Art, or real creative process. I think this is happening across many creative forms.
ImageImageImageImage

asdf
Last edited by revvy on Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

highkoo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:49 am Yea Im talking extremes here, but that is where it has gotten to over time.
Its a spectrum of individuals always, but we have all been getting slowly pushed to increased speed and input, and for sure most of these effects are happening on the youngest people, who have now been raised with this information maelstrom.

Most of these platforms and forms of entertainment started with some nuggets of honest.. something, Im sure. And people consumed it with the same directness. If you are into some hobby or something, you want to use the www to seek out info on it. Maybe talk about it, maybe listen to someone talk about it. That makes sense. Maybe thats really what the internet should be about, and a lot of it still is.
But, monetize that, and allow the world to be consumed by it for a decade or two... and now we kind of really do have some two dimensional cartoon shit going on. Huge numbers of people spending huge amounts of time on Content that has no content, because it was designed specifically to be that.
Its now one of the largest ecosystems of human emotional profiteering. We have filled the www with clouds of our bullshit and convinced the kids that its real life. There are thousands that aspire to be people who create Content with no content...

I have a strange perspective maybe. I am 'middle aged'. I am single. I have no kids.
I have never had any social media of my own, or a smartphone.
But, via my involvement with hobbies and profession, I have maintained an understanding of what the 18-25 year olds are up to, and technology. My gut tells me its getting weird, and I could think its me getting old, but then I look at the actual stats to go with it. Some horrible shit is very popular. :scared:

I have a real bummer of a perspective on a lot of things.
But to be honest, I think the bright side is that its so bad that there is a clear stratification of creative work in the world. Almost everyone has an innate ability to detect "Art" from "Content", I think. The problem is that many of the youngest of us literally want Content. Literally have instincts molded by and for Content, and dont have patience or curiosity for Art, or real creative process. I think this is happening across many creative forms.
I see, we share in general the same experience -except the thing re social media and being parents ;) - and over the years everyone, who is not just online to play silly games or wastes time watching make-up tuts, saw that art is drowning in an ocean of meaningless bits and bytes. But the explaination is simple. First, the technology is now available for everyone, that connects you and your output worldwide for free in seconds and costs just a few lousy "Hamburgers". Second, almost everything, that has been monetized offline found its way to the online world.

Based on this it's not a surprise, that we deal with a flood of "content", which covers random scenes from billions of people filming their holidays, filming fluffy cats, filming themselves for hours playing games, filming ( -put whatever boring BS you can imagine here- ), we have billions of fake vids, just uploaded to put "buy this shit on amazon via my affiliate ID" into the description, we have even more billions of vids looping for hours either a sounds, a landscape view, a cartoon, an intro of a film etcpp, and we have tons of videos, where people explain, show and teach things. 10-20% are of good to high quality, the rest is rather poor. Amongs those vids a quiet good amount is about stunning science, that deserves to be seen and spread to the "mainstream". But, as mentioned above, these things drown in an ocean of nonsense, is hardly found in the search results, thanks to YT's algorithm looking at "what sells". Not in every case, of course, but for the majority. So, almost every kid knows about snapchat/whatsapp, but ask them, who's Tesla. They will tell you some irrelevant BS about cars...

What YT was supposed to be for the hobbyists, for those who had an important message, or for those who wanted to teach the world things that cannot be found in books, that's more or less dead now. Commerce is the juice of life that flows in the vessels of this platform and others, 99%.

We are running a bit offtopic, I'm afraid. Back to EM, our "review-bot" and actually your albums. :)

EMReviews wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:09 pmYeah, we don't know how to treat audio. Finally, after decades in smokey studios, someone told us. :tu:
Well, the alternative explanation is that your concept was to make a speech-heavy podcast/video review channel sound as obnoxious as you could...which would just be dumb. So, by a process of deduction, we are left with the reality that you just don't know what you are doing.

The good thing is that there are loads of online resources with which you could improve :tu:

So, sometimes it's really hard to decide, let's called it album or EP, when its duration hits the 60 minutes, still being just 3 or 4 tracks.
Spotify has decided. It requires album to contain at least 7 tracks and be 30 minutes long.

Thus, if you have less than 7 tracks, you're not a real musican ;)
What YT was supposed to be for the hobbyists, for those who had an important message, or for those who wanted to teach the world things that cannot be found in books, that's more or less dead now. Commerce is the juice of life that flows in the vessels of this platform and others, 99%.
This is called business. Or, it is the human nature. Humans are always competing with each other for same resources and they want to have more (money, fans, likes) than others. Just don't expect everyone doing everything for free.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”