Anyone like/use the Boz plugs like Sasquatch, Manic, Mongoose?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was considering the Arturia Fx bundle (my price is $200) but with the current bundle of Manic and Imperial Delay (https://audioplugin.deals/manic-compres ... ital-labs/)
and Sasquatch and Mongoose on sale on the Boz site, I might be reconsidering that plan. Are these Boz plugins overlap to bundles like NI Komplete and Soundtoys (both of which I own) or even the Arturia bundle or are they nice additions especially for the price?

Also interested in people's opinions here.
A well-behaved signature.

I use the +10db comp and EQ and I think it’s criminally underrated.

I won't get too much into detail, but I can say that I have every Boz plugin and they're absurdly good. The compressor is insane value. The delay is better than most delays out there, but I still favor Mcdsp EC300, valhalla or Echoboy though. Mongoose is a great stereo/mono tool if you don't have more expensive ones like the Nugen bundle. I don't use Sasquatch much unless I have recorded a really shitty kick (I don't do any electronic music, whatever the sub-genre flavor of the day is), but then if one day you're bored and want to spend some time playing with synths sounds through the plugin, you can get really great, surprising sounds. Boz Transgressor is perhaps the best transient designer there is out there (perhaps with Kilohearts and Softube). Really, overall, you can't go wrong with Boz's plugins.
Since you mention other developers, I also got the Arturia bundle because my price was ridiculously low. I also have Soundtoys and NI Komplete... do they overlap? Yes,they do, that's the truth, but not two of them do exactly the same thing, there are subtleties. Nonetheless, I like having different things that I can try should something not work the way it's in my head, so I don't mind that they overlap.
Now, if you go the Boz route, I'd suggest you wait to buy them when they're at $29, which happens a couple of times a year. Right now Mongoose is $19, their limiter (really good one) is $29... I'd say be patient and buy what you need.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

They mostly piss all over most everything else coding-wise, especially when it comes to CPU consumption... in comparison to them it's sometimes hard to take the efforts of many other vendors very serious.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I have Manic compressor. Very good.
0 latency, near no CPU at all. No problem squashing things, from clean to all sorts of colored. Great built-in features, from the rich parallel faders to the onboard eq.

Presets are deep and fun. And if you want to detail out the sound, you can go so deep with this plugin because of all the controls and 6 modes. A desert island compressor. If you master this plugin you are set for compressors for the rest of your career.

Boz seems to have bought into the Waves/Melda/... model of pricing (or the market has steered all them there?) where each item seems to be available on sale, eventually, at value prices ... just wait.

Boz definitely wins for authenticity, linking the ongoing sale of The Wall limiter to the construction of a retaining wall in his yard. https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/massive-wall-sale

kidslow wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:16 amBoz definitely wins for authenticity, linking the ongoing sale of The Wall limiter to the construction of a retaining wall in his yard. https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/massive-wall-sale
I have to admit, that's hilarious. :D
A well-behaved signature.

So is the current sale for Manic and the delay a good deal (both for $60) ?

tdm71 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:11 am So is the current sale for Manic and the delay a good deal (both for $60) ?
Do you need a compressor and a delay? then yes, it's a great deal. :tu:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

wrong.
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huge fan of +10db, Hoser & Imperial Delay. The later plugs offer interesting takes on tools I already have, but didn't really feel the need to purchase. Bark of Dog is a hilarious jab at ridiculously priced plugins which offer nothing special. I agree on the other replies, whoever does the coding is very good at it. Always paying attention to what Boz is doing, even though I only own a few of the plugs.

I think I will pick up some of the better Boz stuff this BF. For some reason I always thought Boz were selling cheap shovel ware plugins. But its apparently its all quality software.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

JerGoertz wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:50 am
kidslow wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:16 amBoz definitely wins for authenticity, linking the ongoing sale of The Wall limiter to the construction of a retaining wall in his yard. https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/massive-wall-sale
I have to admit, that's hilarious. :D
im not seeing how a wall, level with the woods, is going to stop mud from the woods sliding in...

massive ditch! that's what he needs.

I liked Manic when i bought it, but it has this grainy quality to its gain reduction that once i heard i couldn't ignore. Oversampling it in Metaplugin or using a higher sampling rate in the DAW doesn't address it, so i don't think it's related to aliasing
I

Return to “Effects”