Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

getdunne wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:39 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:07 am Are there any plans to have a modular view that can be editable.
Modular as in Bidule, Mux, FL Patcher etc. with virtual cables.
I ask as I find it a convenient way to see and edit layout.
It would be great to be able to see the inner workings/routing.
There are plans, yes, but we have many higher-priority items to do first.
Great news. I wasn't expecting a positive response.
Will the "cable modular" this be added to this or to the Unify Pro version?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:49 pm Will the "cable modular" this be added to this or to the Unify Pro version?
Too early to say.

getdunne wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:38 pm ..our free DEMO installer will be available this week..
Please post here when demo version is ready for download.

getdunne wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:01 pm @quilys
Thank you for posting the video. I understand better now, and there is nothing wrong with your English; it's quite clear.
  • Warning to save edited patches is coming in a future update. We realize this is important.
  • New features to allow the kind of copy/paste you propose are also coming eventually.
  • Until then:
    • If you work in a DAW, you can open multiple instances of Unify and copy/paste from one to the other.
    • If you prefer to work in the Unify stand-alone, app, you can load an instance of the Unify plug-in onto a layer (solo to hear it, mute to work on the other layers) and do the same.
    • You can also save any number of layers from patch A as layer presets, then switch to patch B and load them.
Hi Shane and thanks for your reply.

Initially the options you have given me work partially. Yesterday I tried to have two instances of UNIFY simultaneously but it is not convenient to open one, the other one closes, the process is really tedious. I will have to wait for a future update to copy and paste multiple layers of a preset into reality. Anyway, thank you very much for your time and for this great tool to make music and create new sounds that is UNIFY! ♥

NM

I have a few questions:
Q1: When building the plug-in lists, can I use multiple terms, case-insensitive, in the Filter, for example "Melda EQ" (or "eq melda") to select all the MeldaProduction EQs?

Q2: To add an instrument or FX, is there a Search feature (multiple terms, perhaps) or do I have to browse through the menus and lists of plug-ins?

Q3: Cockos (Reaper) provides the reajs VST plug-in, into which scripts can be loaded. Several of these scripts process MIDI, not audio - where would I load it in Unify? In a MIDI layer would be most intuitive.

Q4: i see that the latest installer lets us select the destination folder for the Unify "content" (I forget the term Skippy used); where do the "factory" plug-ins and associated files get installed on Windows?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Is there a quick way to disable all effects with one click?

Installer could use Browse option for vst3 folder.

Musical Gym wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:37 am Is there a quick way to disable all effects with one click?

Installer could use Browse option for vst3 folder.
Neither of these features is available in Unify right now, but both are good suggestions, and I'll add them to the list. Thank you.

DarkStar wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:10 pm I have a few questions:
Q1: When building the plug-in lists, can I use multiple terms, case-insensitive, in the Filter, for example "Melda EQ" (or "eq melda") to select all the MeldaProduction EQs?

Q2: To add an instrument or FX, is there a Search feature (multiple terms, perhaps) or do I have to browse through the menus and lists of plug-ins?

Q3: Cockos (Reaper) provides the reajs VST plug-in, into which scripts can be loaded. Several of these scripts process MIDI, not audio - where would I load it in Unify? In a MIDI layer would be most intuitive.

Q4: i see that the latest installer lets us select the destination folder for the Unify "content" (I forget the term Skippy used); where do the "factory" plug-ins and associated files get installed on Windows?
A1: Yes.

A2: No plug-in search, but it's on our list. In the meantime, that's pretty much why you make subsets, to avoid searching.

A3: Reaper's built-in plug-ins aren't accessible to other DAWs/hosts, but they have made several (including ReaJS) available as VSTs at https://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/.

A4: Bundled plug-ins go in C:/Program Files/PlugInGuru/VST. Digits and OB-Xd require their associated files be in C:\Users\Public\Documents, in folders Extent of the Jam and discoDSP, respectively.

Thank you.
Re Q2, Yep, I saw the John's video about building subsets, but that looks like quite a bit of work. As I generally know the name of the plug-in I want to load, a Search Filter is quick. I can wait!

Re Q3, yes I was referring to the reajs VST,available in the ReaPlugs bundle :) To save other readers time, ReaPlugs is Windows only, but runs in mist (if not all) DAWs.

-------------
Aargh, while aiming to edit this post I nearly "disliked" it :)
Inspired by ...

Hi DS,
I just tried a few ReaJS MIDI plugins in Unify, loaded into a MIDI layer. So far all of them worked. I only found one single MIDI JS with a custom GUI in my collection - an old arpeggiator by whatsup - and it also worked neatly. Well, it isn't exactly my cup of tea, but it shows that ReaJS GUIs generally work with Unify. Guess it's time to look for some interesting MIDI FX at Reaper forum :)

To make it work you just need to set the input of the VSTi layer you want to drive via a MIDI FX to the MIDI FX layer where it (or a chain of them) is loaded. Click the button at the top right of the VSTi layer (where it says "IN" by default) to get to the MIDI source menu.

thanks Shane

Thanks gofer and welcome to posting here - you'll know where to look for MIDI FX. ;)
Inspired by ...

Got The next big thing!
Hope to play with it soon.

Any plans for a MIDI-Out external-instrument-type feature in Unify, so I can, eg, access the Mac's IAC Driver (or some similar free PC utility) and send MIDI FX out from Unify stand-alone to DAW-specific instruments (Sculpture, Operator, etc.) at the same time as to Unify-loadable plugins?

Return to “Instruments”