New Pigments 2 Thread (On Topic Discussion Only, Please)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Palette for Arturia Pigments 2 Pigments 5

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:32 am Then maybe you need to start paying attention? It's always been .wav or nothing for me.
So I suppose the worthwhile compatible formats are whatever you use and not what are common formats for sample players? Do you actually think it's best for Arturia not to include aiff because you do not use that particular format?

No, it's just that I take the time to turn everything into a .wav file if it's not already and I make sure anything I create myself gets saved as a .wav, too. There are exception, I have a few .osp files for Orion's Sampler and al the content for Zampler is .sfz but the limitations that imposes just makes me more careful, to make sure everything else I use is a .wav file.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

exponent1 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:17 pmAlso with the microtuning. It seems that tunings which have more than 12 semitones in a scale don't work. Thanks a lot of taking notice!
Also with less than 12. It used to work with .tun format scale definitions even though it was wonky with .scl, but now it's broken with both. Not nice!

Hello,

Regarding the microtuning, we currently support two different kind of files (.scl & .tun).
.tun file import is supposed be implemented as defined by the standard. We're not able to reproduce any regression with .tun files between versions 1.2 & 2.0, @Ficciones could you provide us with more information on your issue please?
.scl file import is going to be reworked to better handle scales with more (or less) than 12 degrees and take a reference note into account.

Cheers

SamArturia wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:33 am Hello,

Regarding the microtuning, we currently support two different kind of files (.scl & .tun).
.tun file import is supposed be implemented as defined by the standard. We're not able to reproduce any regression with .tun files between versions 1.2 & 2.0, @Ficciones could you provide us with more information on your issue please?
.scl file import is going to be reworked to better handle scales with more (or less) than 12 degrees and take a reference note into account.

Cheers
Hi Sam,

I double checked and Pigments 2.0.0.747 has trouble with .tun files generated by Sevish scale workshop. In particular, it doesn't like the anamark section. If I edit the file and just leave the Vaz section at the top, it works OK.

Here are some demonstration files using a 5-TET scale.

This one works.

This one fails. Notes below C60 and above E64 are unusable.

Files with both Vaz and Anamark sections work properly in U-he Zebra 2 (and, I'm assuming, the other U-he synths that support .tun)

It's not a huge deal, I can just trim the files by hand, but I think lots of people working with microtuning use scale workshop, so...

Looking forward to the .scl reworking - it's a simpler, easier to edit by hand format.

Hi Ficciones,

Thank you very much for these details, we will look into it carefully.

EDIT: Check the line 284 of the file that fails to be imported.
I'll send you a PM about the details (I don't want to pollute this thread), but it seems that the problem comes from the file instead of Pigments ;)

Cheers

muki wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:37 am
misterpatrick wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:41 pm I have a really stupid Pigments 2 question - what format do samples need to be in for import?
simply drag&drop from finder

wav seems to work
i just tried the drones and FX from the Iris2 library

samples longer than 60s are not supported
and will be cropped

aiff seems NOT to be supportet (????)
i'll file a ticket

hth
That’s a bit of a glaring omission. I can understand not supporting CAF, but AIFF??

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:22 pm The Analog Engine is okay. What I missed is the phase control of the Oscillators. Seems there's only free running mode. It would nice to have a little more control here.

] Peter:H [
This may help:
viewtopic.php?t=526873&start=60

I can say I like Pigments mainly for its sequencer, but I miss the option to save sequencer presets, or lock the sequencer when changing preset. I hope someday it will be implemented...

Doesn't the host software you run it in have a sequencer you could use?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

the host software doesn't have polyrhythmic sequencer that restarts after a given time. plus in this case, i want to use this great sequencer inside pigments. Arturia packed it with many features, still you create a setting, and can't copy it to another preset.
this pigments sequencer cant be compared to the sequencer of the host, because it is inside the synth and drives it in its special way, so i cant use the host sequencer this way.

What host software are you using? I think most of them have a sequencer that can do pretty much anything. It is, after all, what hosts are for. The sequencer in Pigments just sits at the end of the signal path, it doesn't interact with the synth engine as far as I can see (although I've never used it) so I don't see a difference. What am I missing?

dune_rave wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:02 pm I can say I like Pigments mainly for its sequencer, but I miss the option to save sequencer presets, or lock the sequencer when changing preset. I hope someday it will be implemented...
I don't have Pigment yet and I don't know many software synths which lock sequences, arps and / or trancegates by changing presets but Nexus for example can do this. And in Rapid, Phoscyon and Avenger for example you can save sequencer presets. And in Sylenth for example you can copy the arp / sequencer part and paste it to another preset. But I think the best solution could be a sequencer which you can route in your DAW to every synth you like, I'm using Zenith for that ... but all of them are not polyphon ... but you can buy a Korg Radias (hardware synth), it has a polyphon sequencer! :D

EDIT:
ANA 2 from Sonic Academy has an polyphon arp / sequencer. I don't have it but perhaps it can help you!

I have Pigments 2 and was a little surprised, as well, I was unable to save a sequence. I spent about 30 minutes a week ago working on a sequence, saved it, or thought so, but I was saving the entire patch. No biggy though, I'm new to tweaking and learning more day by day. Otherwise, It's such a well laid-out synth, so agree with DR, would like to see this feature added.

+1 for this feature.

Return to “Instruments”