Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

ecasasmusic2 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:31 pm The link is not on Ummet'swebsite anymore... I guess that he had too much requests. Let's see what happens on march 12 th. It is likely that the site will be overloaded...
The site is only available with Internet Explorer 4.0 or Netscape 2 :D
More BPM please

32bit only please :D :clown:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

dionenoid wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:16 pm
ecasasmusic2 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:31 pm The link is not on Ummet'swebsite anymore... I guess that he had too much requests. Let's see what happens on march 12 th. It is likely that the site will be overloaded...
The site is only available with Internet Explorer 4.0 or Netscape 2 :D
Windows 3.1 only, sadly no Atari 520 support 😔

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:47 pm 32bit only please :D :clown:
No! I need 8bit compatibility.

alvfaria wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:53 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:47 pm 32bit only please :D :clown:
No! I need 8bit compatibility.
You know, that would be even better. :P
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

GRUMP wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:18 pm I would´n´t say "you can still work simple" but "you should". And People who praise the "good old Times and Tools" too much probably never had to slice a Drumloop with a 15 Digits Display. Or map a Multisample one by one with 2 Buttons. I mean ... But: taking Samples and treating them results in a completely different Sound, Workflow and Result. Where people use complex Modulations Today we had to think about a Solution then. The Result was Creativity - and in depth Knowledge of the available Possibilities.
Well, I was modern in the 90s, I had an Atari Mega St with 4 MB and no problems with latency! :D

And I think it depends on the music genre how "simple" you can work. If I make an IDM (it's NOT EDM ! ) track, it's "simpler" as working on a trance track. At the moment I'm working on a "Future 90s :D Trance" Album and to get that sound really to the front it needs much layers :hyper:

An advantage today is, you can make endless genres easily because you a have plugins for everything, especially as much effects as you want. :tu:
GRUMP wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:20 pm
You´re on the Path to the Dark Side, Bro!°
I love the darks side and he started with a facepalm, so I answered appropriate :D

clipnotic wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:17 pm
GRUMP wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:18 pm I would´n´t say "you can still work simple" but "you should". And People who praise the "good old Times and Tools" too much probably never had to slice a Drumloop with a 15 Digits Display. Or map a Multisample one by one with 2 Buttons. I mean ... But: taking Samples and treating them results in a completely different Sound, Workflow and Result. Where people use complex Modulations Today we had to think about a Solution then. The Result was Creativity - and in depth Knowledge of the available Possibilities.
Well, I was modern in the 90s, I had an Atari Mega St with 4 MB and no problems with latency! :D

And I think it depends on the music genre how "simple" you can work. If I make an IDM (it's NOT EDM ! ) track, it's "simpler" as working on a trance track. At the moment I'm working on a "Future 90s :D Trance" Album and to get that sound really to the front it needs much layers :hyper:

An advantage today is, you can make endless genres easily because you a have plugins for everything, especially as much effects as you want. :tu:
GRUMP wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:20 pm
You´re on the Path to the Dark Side, Bro!°
I love the darks side and he started with a facepalm, so I answered appropriate :D
But calling it IDM is even worse than saying "future". IDM Sounds like I-Metal to me *LOL*

Anyway... everything goes somehow. But all those Beatnicks shouldn´t forget that they loose more and more Listeners every Day. E/IDM? That was 25 Years ago. The Sound of Frankfurt. What came afterwards didnt match my Demands ;-)

Any Demos available?
Last edited by GRUMP on Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duplicate :/

GRUMP wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:59 pm
But calling it IDM is even worse than saying "future". IDM Sounds like I-Metal to me *LOL*

Anyway... everything goes somehow. But all those Beatnicks shouldn´t forget that they loose more and more Listeners every Day. E/IDM? That was 25 Years ago. The Sound of Frankfurt. What came afterwards didnt match my Demands ;-)

Any Demos available?
For me, IDM is glitch stuff like Aphex Twin, if I'm wrong ... I'm old! :D

I just present music if it's really finish, some VST developers should do the same, too! :wink: :D

And really sorry for Off Topic, I just answer questions!

And Genesis Pro is very interesting and regardless of whether it's 32 bit and SynthEdit, I'll give it a chance because the developer worked 8 years on it and give that work away for just 1 Euro / Dollar! :tu:

Will it run on this ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Genesis Pro is taking technology so far in reverse we might have to actually learn how to write music or play instruments IRL. What are we supposed to beat animal skins with mammoth bones next?

Was it posted here yet?

Sounds very cool :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGXhYkxrQ7k

Btw, Ummet said in the comments: "I'm also working on a bridged version for Ableton, Cubase and other DAWs that do not have native bridging". My guess it that it's going to be embedded Jbridge. Better than nothing anyway.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I think it sounds great.

recursive one wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:38 pm Was it posted here yet?

Sounds very cool :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGXhYkxrQ7k
Yesterdays news or to be more precise 2 weeks old :) - it was posted on page 19 of this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=535754&start=270
Thanks for the necro bump recursive one :D

Return to “Instruments”