Reason 11.2 Out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aeox wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:11 am I want to share a comprehensive Reason feature request poll so that we can hone in on what features are most important. We need as many participants as possible for accuracy. Appreciate your time. :) https://forms.gle/4vAXcAR1FtCCG7gK8
I took the poll, but I didn't see AAX support as a feature request. I appreciate that you at least included a comments section, where I did note my request; but I'd rather it weren't simply a write-in vote, as the demand for AAX support may be hard to gauge that way.

As far as I'm concerned, everything in the poll is moot if it's not available in my chosen platform.

Best,

Geoff
Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:05 pm
aeox wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:11 am I want to share a comprehensive Reason feature request poll so that we can hone in on what features are most important. We need as many participants as possible for accuracy. Appreciate your time. :) https://forms.gle/4vAXcAR1FtCCG7gK8
“Sign in to continue
To fill out this form, you must be signed in. Your identity will remain anonymous.”

Ha ha ha ha ha... NO.
To deter people from taking the poll over and over

Geoff Grace wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:23 pm
I took the poll, but I didn't see AAX support as a feature request. I appreciate that you at least included a comments section, where I did note my request; but I'd rather it weren't simply a write-in vote, as the demand for AAX support may be hard to gauge that way.

As far as I'm concerned, everything in the poll is moot if it's not available in my chosen platform.

Best,

Geoff
I can add it.

Responses can be changed at any time

Thanks, aeox!

Best,

Geoff
Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

quite a nice update tbh. just saw the vid on youtube.

SynapT!c wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:19 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:05 pm
“Sign in to continue
To fill out this form, you must be signed in. Your identity will remain anonymous.”

Ha ha ha ha ha... NO.
What the problem (besides not having a Google account at all)?
Oh I have Google accounts. I just don’t want to use them. I’m trying to extricate myself from Google’s “services”. I’ve mostly switched to Duck Duck Go, I refuse to use their “cloud-based office suite”, and once I extricate myself from Gmail, I will mostly be free of them.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Debating whether to get Intro what's the disadvantage of Europa as a Reason Rack VST in another DAW Vs the VST version which you only get with Reason Standard please?

Buckster wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:25 pm Debating whether to get Intro what's the disadvantage of Europa as a Reason Rack VST in another DAW Vs the VST version which you only get with Reason Standard please?
VST version of Europa is discontinued and no longer sold, AFAIK.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

The midi out of the Reason Rack is so much fun. Notes and CC are working well in Cubase. Unfortunately the Rack crashes Cubase whenever I remove it from a project. Seems to be an issue with the VST3 version. I've got a ticket in but these guys are known for taking a long time to respond. Bummer!

Is there a way to demo Reason Intro with all it's limitations? Or is the demo always the full Reason Suite thing? Would really like to see how limited the Intro version is. Mainly interested in it as a rack plugin for my DAW.

It looks like excellent value on paper but it's hard to know without a proper limited demo that represents the product.

.. or do I just lookup the limitations and try to mimic that? I assume the demo has limited sample content anyhow, or does it come with the full massive Reason Suite content?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:12 pm.. or do I just lookup the limitations and try to mimic that? I assume the demo has limited sample content anyhow, or does it come with the full massive Reason Suite content?
If you plan on using it only for the Reason Rack VST, then just see which devices are included and use only those. I'd imagine all patches (for those devices) are included in Intro, but it might come with say less drum kits & loops for Kong / Dr. OctoRex / NN-XT (3GB vs. 11GB). Otherwise there should be no difference.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:28 pm
Buckster wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:25 pm Debating whether to get Intro what's the disadvantage of Europa as a Reason Rack VST in another DAW Vs the VST version which you only get with Reason Standard please?
Is the rack version resizable like the standalone plugin is?

evo2slo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:31 pm The midi out of the Reason Rack is so much fun. Notes and CC are working well in Cubase. Unfortunately the Rack crashes Cubase whenever I remove it from a project. Seems to be an issue with the VST3 version. I've got a ticket in but these guys are known for taking a long time to respond. Bummer!
I'm not getting any errors removing the rack from Cubase.

However, its hit or miss loading. I swapped my online login for the codemeter and it doesn't make a difference. When I load up Reason Rack it sits on the Reason 11 Suite screen and never loads -- that's a problem.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:05 pm
evo2slo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:31 pm The midi out of the Reason Rack is so much fun. Notes and CC are working well in Cubase. Unfortunately the Rack crashes Cubase whenever I remove it from a project. Seems to be an issue with the VST3 version. I've got a ticket in but these guys are known for taking a long time to respond. Bummer!
I'm not getting any errors removing the rack from Cubase.

However, its hit or miss loading. I swapped my online login for the codemeter and it doesn't make a difference. When I load up Reason Rack it sits on the Reason 11 Suite screen and never loads -- that's a problem.
Good to know it's not everyone getting crashes. For me it's not just Cubase, also happens with the VST3 Rack in Studio One as well. Probably system related.. I'm using an iMac with Mojave.
It's loading slow for me too with online login. I deauthorized my computer and uninstalled code meter to see if that was causing the crashes (it's not)
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:06 pm Is the rack version resizable like the standalone plugin is?
It's one single vertical rack and the rack space can be lengthened, but that's it.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:06 pm
antic604 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:28 pm
Is the rack version resizable like the standalone plugin is?
Of course not.
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”