Which two artists/bands would you like to see work together?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

debra1rlo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:30 pm I would pay to see GWAR disembowel New Order.
I would pay to see the opposite. :D

David Bowie/Mick Ronson and Lou Reed...oh, wait - they did: Transformer - brilliant!

Alice Cooper and Harry Connick Jr.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Broken Social Scene and Liz Fraser

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

john lennon and jimmy page.

but maybe i don't want that. i'm not sure.
i like the beatles the way they are.
i like led zeppelin the way they are.

anyways, it seems that the main reason that john lennon asked paul mccartney to be in his band is because john was impressed with paul's ability to tune the guitar. wasn't jimmy page, at that time, also as impressive at tuning the guitar?

paul mcartney is only about 6 months older than jimmy page. what if on that day that john asked paul to join the band paul wasn't there but jimmy page was and john asked jimmy instead and jimmy said yes?

the resulting lennon-page collab might have been less poppy because really paul is largely what made the beatles poppy and/or popular?

but such a collaboration might have worked out pretty well too, artistically? on the other hand, why hasn't jimmy page and john lennon jammed or something like that after the beatles split up?

near the end of the beatles as a group, john lennon did write the song "i want you (she's so heavy)". that sure sounds like a song jimmy page could have written? it's zeppelinish? especially the last third of the song?

https://youtu.be/tAe2Q_LhY8g

and here's a song from the first led zep album that was released at least 8 months before the beatles abbey road album was released... which means that john lennon had at least 8 months to listen to it before writing "I want you (she's so heavy).

https://youtu.be/y-5o2f9wzmw
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Jimi Hendrix and Steve Vai. The world might have imploded, but definitely worth it.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

I would like to play with vurt...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:42 am I would like to play with vurt...
a fair few people say that.
until it happens.

if you enjoy herding cats, im sure it might be fun :hihi:

Prince and Joni Mitchell.

Taylor Swift and Kanye.

The Chuckle Brothers/Sisters of Mercy

AnX wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:31 pm The Chuckle Brothers/Sisters of Mercy
I can just imagine “To you, to me...” with one of the voices being very deep in pitch... :hihi:

AnX wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:31 pm The Chuckle Brother/Sisters of Mercy
ftfy :(
rip one of them.

It'll be hard to top Sunn o))) + Scott Walker, which was good on paper and even better in execution. I think I want more "surprisingly accessible Avant-Garde" combos

Xiu Xiu + Atticus Ross

Jack White + ZEUS!

Bauhaus + Bjork

Gary Numan + Nurse With Wound

Mike Patton + Blanck Mass

vurt wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:56 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:42 am I would like to play with vurt...
a fair few people say that.
until it happens.

if you enjoy herding cats, im sure it might be fun :hihi:
For sure I would attach a wireless mic to a cat and then throw some food they can fight for, mangle the sound through my Ondes Memorielles and give the result into your modular for digestion... Sounds certainly like fun... :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”