T-racks 5 - how to remove plugins you do not own

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dblock wrote:I just remove the .dll files for the ones I don't own and stick them in a folder so Cubase doesn't scan them on start up.
What version of Cubase? You don't need to do that anymore. Just mark it disabled and it won't get scanned anymore.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
dblock wrote:I just remove the .dll files for the ones I don't own and stick them in a folder so Cubase doesn't scan them on start up.
What version of Cubase? You don't need to do that anymore. Just mark it disabled and it won't get scanned anymore.
Hey SJ_Digriz. Thanks for that. Cubase 9.5 and I knew that. I just didn't know that. :dog: :wink:

SJ_Digriz wrote:
It doesn't get scanned or doesn't show up?
I think it still gets scanned, but doesn't show up...how do I know?
you can still open plugin manager and enable it...only way Cubase would know its even there still to be enabled it must have scanned it.
And if you have disabled it and removed it, and open Plugin Manager it no longer shows up there.
rsp
sound sculptist

I mean you can also look at it like you own all them plugins for 14 days only but get to choose when them 14 days start so if you're in album mixing mode or suddenly on the market for a new reverb plugin ect it's comes in handy knowing they're already on you're pc.

That's really messed up...teasing their faithful buyers!!

I just removed them all single plugins and just use custom shop plugin for the ones I have.
Did the same with Ozone8. Otherwise huge plugin list

i ended up deinstalling all of their software, it's only stuff i got for pennys on promotions anyway...
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

soulone82 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:49 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:In order to facilitate better demoing and offline authorization.

You must be taking your customers for idiots if you think they are going to believe this bullshyt.

Oh...wait...you ARE taking your customers for idiots!
Found this thread/post while I was checking why I had to install about 2 gigabytes of products just to get my Classik Studio Reverb (Stupid Deal of the Day from way back). So awesome! Even my non-musician friends think it's hysterical.

Updated TRacks last night then went thru and re deleted the bulk of the plugins that I don't own to stop them showing up in Logic.

Reading Peter's reply above just adds insult to injury. What's more important to me, how easy a plugin is to use daily or to demo or authorise offline? Pretty obvious which one the user would prioritise and which one the company pushes.

Nice plugins (great actual devs at IK), shit management system.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I don't use the TRacks shell anyway, so having the plugins I don't own isn't a factor. As far as VST scanners, most of the hosts I have allow me to build plugin menus that don't include the ones I don't have licenses for.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Wasted $8 on a Black 76 license today to find out I have to download their Custom Shop thing. Yes, deleting all the other plugins isn't a huge ordeal but I didn't like having the shell and custom shop cluttering things up and taking up room as well, so I just deleted it all.

I'd give it away, but the license transfer fee costs more than you can buy it for on the 'bay.

If your DAW has a Plugin Manager like Logic does, then all I do is deactivate them there. I don't bother with uninstalling them as I'd have to do the something again every time I updated.

^ Indeed a good workaround.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

If anyone were halfway intelligent here you would just delete the DLL under your VST plugin folder if it Bothers you that much. There are so many ways to get it done. But juat another IKM rant...

Yah, I just delete the dll’s for the ones I don’t own. The problem is multiplied when developers all do different stupid sh!t that you have to go and undo or change. If it was just one company then it’s not a big deal, but there’s too many that deny certain options.

Return to “Effects”