Announcing new way of Analog Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Your flavour is really good IMO. I always thought you stuff was always worth attention. Even back when everyone was giving you a hard time just before your renaissance and your frustration boiled over slightly. Just knob movements seemed janky alot; huge turn to nothing and then wee shift becomes transformative = plugin behaviour; for me. But the quality of the potential sound always had me hoping.

Hi AO, very sad to read that, I've seen some of the most talented italian Mastering Engineers i know (friends of mine), suggest me your plugin so I've tried some free and I can say very underrated tools
Sad to read of your actual condition but keep care of you and never surrender... :hug:

When the plugins work properly, I think they're really decent plugins. But quite a few of them (with the default settings) as soon as I hit play, Reaper auto-mutes the track. I can get them to work by reducing the output to zero, hit play and then increase the output back to normal, but as soon as I hit stop and play again, the track auto-mutes. The plugins are doing something really odd!

But it's not all plugins - Buster and MPReq work really well (I like the latter to soak up some transients and add a little oomph).

It's a shame that AO never quite nailed the whole business model. As others have said though, lack of testing and numerous bugs made people wary of parting with their cash, and that's a real shame as I think "Tunca" has a real passion. But he was told on many occasions he needed beta testers and indeed, many people volunteered but... here we are.

Tunca, if you're reading this, I will happily make a one-time payment as I think that's fair, but I'm not so keen on a monthly payment. Also, I hope that you're able to get on top of this situation and rebuild your business.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Anyone else getting a malware warning from Harqules VST? Windows defender found and quarantined 4 trojan files here ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:15 pm Anyone else getting a malware warning from Harqules VST? Windows defender found and quarantined 4 trojan files here ...
Yupp, getting them with win10; also with OAQ, seems a 'false' - positive, maybe because of the .dll - files. :borg: Nevermind, I did hope for a 'false'.

Would the people knowing more of AO's plugins mind to share a few Gems out of Tunca's vast catalogue; or even mention the more 'buggy' ones? :phones:
Last edited by El°HYM on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:15 pm Anyone else getting a malware warning from Harqules VST? Windows defender found and quarantined 4 trojan files here ...
Same here, but only 1 trojan. Also Mpre gets flagged. Should we take this seriously or can we ignore it?

Hi,

Thanks for best wishes from all.

At the moment, supporters can donate me 5$/10$/15$/... (multiples of 5$) for monthly.

Thanks.
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

i have to second what others said. Tunca's plugins, when they work, are great. the problem is, they are unreliable, both in terms of sound (Buster had what, four revisions now?) and in terms of technical issues (oversampling, metering, just plain ol bugs). Tunca, you've succeeded in getting the sound, but you've failed at building a business around it. and it's bewildering and painful to see you being told the same thing over and over and over and over (you need beta testers, your meters aren't accurate, your plugins have technical issues, etc. etc. etc.) and still failing to address it, and your very public meltdowns (however understandable they are) aren't helping. that's why, i imagine, many people simply weren't prepared to pay for something that's so grossly mishandled - it's the difference between a proof-of-concept and a finished, polished product.

i wish you all the best and i sincerely hope that you will find a way to deal with all of your issues and overcome them.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:11 pm i have to second what others said. Tunca's plugins, when they work, are great. the problem is, they are unreliable, both in terms of sound (Buster had what, four revisions now?) and in terms of technical issues (oversampling, metering, just plain ol bugs). Tunca, you've succeeded in getting the sound, but you've failed at building a business around it. and it's bewildering and painful to see you being told the same thing over and over and over and over (you need beta testers, your meters aren't accurate, your plugins have technical issues, etc. etc. etc.) and still failing to address it, and your very public meltdowns (however understandable they are) aren't helping. that's why, i imagine, many people simply weren't prepared to pay for something that's so grossly mishandled - it's the difference between a proof-of-concept and a finished, polished product.

i wish you all the best and i sincerely hope that you will find a way to deal with all of your issues and overcome them.
Agreed. Without all the technical issues and bugs his plug-ins would be more popular for sure.
More BPM please

Got it wrong.
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

About "infected files", i'm shocked...

Last 3 years, lots of people downloaded my plugins with no issue and never reported that files are infected.

Now, i made my plugins free/donation-ware and some people says that files are infected.

My website is fully protected. I'm paying for it.

Windows development PC is fully protected. Original Windows "without" internet connection.

Are you sure that your network fully protected? Your PC fully protected? Cause some people tells infected and some tells not infected...

There are tons of reasons if your scanner tells you that file is infected.

Yesterday, i re-scanned my database and PC (because i wonder) and there is no issue.

I'm not offensive. Just saying what i think.

Thanks.
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

No issues here.. No false or true positives :tu:

codec_spurt wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:27 pm
stamp wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:14 am
Same here, but only 1 trojan. Also Mpre gets flagged. Should we take this seriously or can we ignore it?
The 32 bit files are riddled with TWO particular malwares according to Emsisoft and Sophos. They should be taken seriously. One is a dropper the other is a RAT. Very real possibility of getting ransomware off these and having your whole file system encrypted.

My main two AV/AM missed these. That is Comodo and Malwarebytes. But they showed up exactly the same with Emsisoft and Hitman Pro (sophos) when I did a 2nd and 3rd opinion scan. When two different engines give the same results, I prick up my ears.

One of the malwares seems to be a variant of this -

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/1 ... xie-rat#a1

https://www.pcrisk.com/internet-threat- ... tartOfPage

I also uploaded the files to Virus Total and if you do the same you will see that these 32 bit files are indeed infected. Small chance of a false positive, much bigger chance of being genuine malware. Doesn't happen often, but...

If you have downloaded or installed the 32 bit files you need to get them off your system ASAP. You can use Hitman Pro - it has a 30 day free test period. If you already use Hitman Pro and your test period is up, you can either pay up the 20 bucks for a year's worth of removal, or you can use Emsisoft which is free.

Link: https://www.emsisoft.com/en/home/emergencykit/

You will need to do a custom scan iirc as the other ones miss these. Just do every scan possible then rescan again. Quarantine them first, then when you are sure that you aren't deleting anything else, delete them all off your system.

Every single 32 bit .dll is infected. Upload to Virus Total and see for yourself.

When finished, rescan with Hitman Pro and Emsisoft Emergency Toolkit.

There are even warnings popping up from Web Protection software (MB) that the site is dangerous. But then again, I uploaded the URI to URL Void and it came back saying the site was clean.

Feel free to think it's a false positive and do nothing about it. I'm not taking that risk. The 64 bit files are fine though. Then again, I wouldn't even go that site let alone download anything until the dev comes back with an update and tells us what's up. Thread on GS as well about it if you care to look. Same results as I got also, so this is worth taking seriously I would say.

Hitman Pro and Emergency Toolkit are your friends (and free).

This software just isn't worth it fellow GUI whores. It's buggy and the meters are borked, there are nasty clicks when loading plugs, and silence from plugs on reload. I wouldn't pay a penny for them.
Indeed, virustotal flags e.g. the BUSTER x86 with 9 detections!

codec_spurt wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:27 pm
stamp wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:14 am
The 32 bit files are riddled with TWO particular malwares according to Emsisoft and Sophos. They should be taken seriously. One is a dropper the other is a RAT. Very real possibility of getting ransomware off these and having your whole file system encrypted.

My main two AV/AM missed these. That is Comodo and Malwarebytes. But they showed up exactly the same with Emsisoft and Hitman Pro (sophos) when I did a 2nd and 3rd opinion scan. When two different engines give the same results, I prick up my ears.

One of the malwares seems to be a variant of this -

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/1 ... xie-rat#a1

https://www.pcrisk.com/internet-threat- ... tartOfPage

I also uploaded the files to Virus Total and if you do the same you will see that these 32 bit files are indeed infected. Small chance of a false positive, much bigger chance of being genuine malware. Doesn't happen often, but...

If you have downloaded or installed the 32 bit files you need to get them off your system ASAP. You can use Hitman Pro - it has a 30 day free test period. If you already use Hitman Pro and your test period is up, you can either pay up the 20 bucks for a year's worth of removal, or you can use Emsisoft which is free.

Link: https://www.emsisoft.com/en/home/emergencykit/

You will need to do a custom scan iirc as the other ones miss these. Just do every scan possible then rescan again. Quarantine them first, then when you are sure that you aren't deleting anything else, delete them all off your system.

Every single 32 bit .dll is infected. Upload to Virus Total and see for yourself.

When finished, rescan with Hitman Pro and Emsisoft Emergency Toolkit.

There are even warnings popping up from Web Protection software (MB) that the site is dangerous. But then again, I uploaded the URI to URL Void and it came back saying the site was clean.

Feel free to think it's a false positive and do nothing about it. I'm not taking that risk. The 64 bit files are fine though. Then again, I wouldn't even go that site let alone download anything until the dev comes back with an update and tells us what's up. Thread on GS as well about it if you care to look. Same results as I got also, so this is worth taking seriously I would say.

Hitman Pro and Emergency Toolkit are your friends (and free).

This software just isn't worth it fellow GUI whores. It's buggy and the meters are borked, there are nasty clicks when loading plugs, and silence from plugs on reload. I wouldn't pay a penny for them.
Ah... f' it! I'll just delete everything. I don't want to install and fiddle with antivirus and antimalware shit. I have enough plugins to play with.

AnalogObsession wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:17 pm About "infected files", i'm shocked...

Last 3 years, lots of people downloaded my plugins with no issue and never reported that files are infected.

Now, i made my plugins free/donation-ware and some people says that files are infected.

My website is fully protected. I'm paying for it.

Windows development PC is fully protected. Original Windows "without" internet connection.

Are you sure that your network fully protected? Your PC fully protected? Cause some people tells infected and some tells not infected...

There are tons of reasons if your scanner tells you that file is infected.

Yesterday, i re-scanned my database and PC (because i wonder) and there is no issue.

I'm not offensive. Just saying what i think.

Thanks.
NOTE: I have compared the OAQ version that I bought and downloaded in early december 2019 with the current ZIP file provided. The original I bought (also version 2.0) is not infected at all and passes Virustotals warnings. The current file offered for free is infected with multiple trojans and nasty things in the 32bit .dll files within the Zip.

.. just saying. People be careful if you plan on running the 32bit plugins.

Something has happened to the current files being offered for free when compared to the one I downloaded from my account that I have purchased. Tunca, could you maybe investigate and see that your development computer isn't infected and double check that these infections haven't spread to the latest ZIP files? Seems a lot of your 32bit plugins are currently infected whereas the corresponding dll files I've downloaded earlier from my account are not. This is true for several of the plugins, including BUSTER.
Last edited by bmanic on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”