Behringer 2600

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:42 am The Deepmind-12 I purchased had error messages right out of the box and the cooling fan was insanely loud. On top of that, the raw sound of the Deepmind-12 was very thin to my ears. I ended up returning mine and went with a Korg Minilogue instead - which was a great purchase.

With all the enticing clones that Behringer has been coming out with lately, admittedly I've been struck with a case of GAS. But so far I've refrained from giving in due to my initial negative experience with Behringer. I understand that every company can put out a product that has problems in certain units, so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Behringer, but my initial experience has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
This was also a common complaint of the Moog_one at $8,000..
YUP>>> the great Moog fkd up as well!!!!
iirc, it was sorted with a firmware update

I have a Neutron, which is well built and still works after a year... seriously, it's well built..

also an ADA8200 ADAT thingy.. nice bit of kit, well worth the £135.

I will add some of thier recently announced modules to my eurorack when they start shipping units.

toonertik wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:32 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:42 am The Deepmind-12 I purchased had error messages right out of the box and the cooling fan was insanely loud.
In DeepMind there is a setting for fan speed.
If in Global settings menu or something.

But there could be something wrong in manufacturing of course, if giving error messages.

You can turn the DeepMind fan off even.

Normally I'm not particularly interested in the behri stuff, but I would buy one of these
if korg doesn't come out with a smaller version that is significantly better. The AMSynths guy
lends them some good credibility for doing a good job imho. (Hopefully he didn't burn off his
eyebrows working on electronic circuits or something).

deastman wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:45 pm I think I’m going to hold out for the Korg ARP 2500 FS. ;)
You’ll probably wait a little longer than forever ;-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

toonertik wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:32 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:42 am The Deepmind-12 I purchased had error messages right out of the box and the cooling fan was insanely loud. On top of that, the raw sound of the Deepmind-12 was very thin to my ears. I ended up returning mine and went with a Korg Minilogue instead - which was a great purchase.

With all the enticing clones that Behringer has been coming out with lately, admittedly I've been struck with a case of GAS. But so far I've refrained from giving in due to my initial negative experience with Behringer. I understand that every company can put out a product that has problems in certain units, so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Behringer, but my initial experience has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
Wow, really? I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for helping to put things into perspective, Tooner. :D

deastman wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:45 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:42 am
Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:45 am
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:57 am I wish Behringer's quality was more consistent than it is. While Korg's 2600 will be more expensive than the Behringer clone, I know the quality will be a lot better if history is any indication. I was burned by the Deepmind and with Korg, I've never had any issues.
Burned how?

Also, unless Korg are making a ¾ size version, the Korg 2600 has been sold. As many as ever will be sold. At nearly $4000 a piece. Behringer might be the only chance the rest of us get.
Fair point, re: "only chance the rest of us get". I certainly can't afford the Korg 2600's pricetag right now, but I'll be saving up my money and hopefully one day I can buy the 2600.

The Deepmind-12 I purchased had error messages right out of the box and the cooling fan was insanely loud. On top of that, the raw sound of the Deepmind-12 was very thin to my ears. I ended up returning mine and went with a Korg Minilogue instead - which was a great purchase.

My DeepMind12 has been flawless since it came out of the box. On the other hand, my Korg Minilogue soon developed a defective pot, and it took me over a year of phone calls to support just to finally track down a local authorized service center who still serviced synths and persuade them to order a backordered replacement pot on my behalf so I could ultimately repair the damn thing myself.
Funny how that works, eh? :wink:

nice ... love the form factor. your move, Korg.

Oh my.

I'm always stunned again about how fat square waves sound on analog synth.

Soft synth devs, why is your square so weak?? :D Seriously, 100 times more bottom end here. The only exception (once again) seems to be NI Monark.

Ok, seriously impressed by what I hear in that video. Fat as fk. The ARP 2600 never really was on in the back of my head, seems like that was a mistake. Sounds very Minimoog-y to me as well.

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:31 pm I'm always stunned again about how fat square waves sound on analog synth.

Soft synth devs, why is your square so weak?? :D Seriously, 100 times more bottom end here. The only exception (once again) seems to be NI Monark.

Ok, seriously impressed by what I hear in that video. Fat as fk. The ARP 2600 never really was on in the back of my head, seems like that was a mistake. Sounds very Minimoog-y to me as well.
Wouldn't be the best place for it anyway...

would be a right pain to patch :P

;)

It's beautiful, sounds amazing and I agree with the above, love the form factor. My god I want this. Dammit Behringer. :lol:

Also, I can't wait to hear Behringer's UB-Xa whenever that happens.
-JH

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”