Announcing new way of Analog Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried again and Defender identified & quarantined 4 Trojans from Harqules ... it also deleted the 64 & 32 bit VST2 files, but not the VST3. Something is very wrong. This has never happened before on my 5 year old PC.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:10 pm I tried again and Defender identified & quarantined 4 Trojans from Harqules ... it also deleted the 64 & 32 bit VST2 files, but not the VST3. Something is very wrong. This has never happened before on my 5 year old PC.
Same situ here unfortunately... :?
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:16 pm How would it be possible for the files to be infected unless he had done it himself? I don't see why he would do that, are people sure it's not false positives?
If it was a false positive, then all my previous downloads from my account of purchased plugins would also have these false positives. They do not.

The current free offerings have the trojans, not the purchased versions.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

talk about kicking a guy when he's down.

sqigls wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:20 pm talk about kicking a guy when he's down.
WTF? He's distributing infected files, whether he knows it or not, and asking for funds via Patreon. He should listen to what's being said here and either fix or remove the downloads. I was planning to do some music today, but instead I'm running a full system scan looking for malware.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

It's also very weird that only the 32 bit files got infected, why not the other ones?

It could be completely accidental if his own computer, where he has packed the ZIP files, was infected. No idea what has happened or why. I'm just putting it out there that the files I've downloaded previously, as a customer from my account, do NOT trigger any antivirus software at all.

As for 32bit files.. I have no idea. People who use 32bit plugins usually run much older systems which are way more vulnerable. Perhaps these trojans target specifically these types of files as they provide better return on investment? No idea.. just speculating here.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:25 pm
WTF? He's distributing infected files, whether he knows it or not, and asking for funds via Patreon. He should listen to what's being said here and either fix or remove the downloads. I was planning to do some music today, but instead I'm running a full system scan looking for malware.
WTF, firstly anti-virus programs are known to report false positives for certain code.
but, more to the point, I'm talking about the general situation he's in. Already suffering and then this happens. Poor dude.
anyways, this IS the internet, so no surprise... i'm unrolling the jump to conclusions mat now, anyone up for a game?

Sorry for this situation.

Just sent ticket to my service provider to understand what's going on.

Cause, i didn't do anything new. No new uploads or not newly installed plugins for website.

I just changed download links on website, quickly. Not special process...

Also, my download links are protected, too.

Will share reply from my service provider.

Sorry...
Last edited by AnalogObsession on Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

sqigls wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:06 pm
WTF, firstly anti-virus programs are known to report false positives for certain code.
but, more to the point, I'm talking about the general situation he's in. Already suffering and then this happens. Poor dude.
anyways, this IS the internet, so no surprise... i'm unrolling the jump to conclusions mat now, anyone up for a game?
No jumping to conclusions going on here. I had 4 Trojans identified and quarenteened. I double checked and got the same result so reported it here. It looks like its not just me .

So his site shows insecure, possibly, with the high demand of free bees that someone took advantage of situation?
Last edited by Eauson on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:17 pm
No jumping to conclusions going on here. I had 4 Trojans identified and quarenteened. I double checked and got the same result so reported it here. It looks like its not just me .
it's a shit situation, but we don't KNOW for a fact what's happened.
I've had plugins quarantined on Windows before too, a few times, but every time it's turned out to be false positive.
would be perfectly acceptable for me to join the pack and take strips off the guy, but i post a few words of sympathy and I'M the enemy ?

sqigls wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:48 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:17 pm
it's a shit situation, but we don't KNOW for a fact what's happened.
I've had plugins quarantined on Windows before too, a few times, but every time it's turned out to be false positive.
would be perfectly acceptable for me to join the pack and take strips off the guy, but i post a few words of sympathy and I'M the enemy ?
I don't know why you think you are the enemy, and I for one have not torn strip of "the guy" ... I think you need to chill out.

Return to “Effects”