Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

No need for CodeMeter or reauthorizing here. I simply stuck with the last version released before Vengeance turned their hatred of software pirates into hatred for their honest paying customers. I'd sell Avenger but I don't even want to give the them transfer fee. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:49 am There will always be this small group of people that will complain about everything. What is extraordinary is that this small group of people often sound like the majority, while they most often are less than a minority.
Or perhaps there’s a small group of apologists who are willing to accept abusive behavior from companies they’ve purchased from, in a bizarre Stockholm Syndrome type situation, while most customers are in fact rightfully upset. It’s impossible to tell which is the case based solely on this KVR thread (and the complaint threads on Gearslutz and VI-Control).

For anyone who upgraded his PC, replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, and forgot to deactivate a license before an upgrade (like me). Since now your CM container shows as inactive and fails to "repair" there is a simple solution. Just change you integrated network card mac address to the one that has been on previous motherboard and your container now works again. So you can leave it as is or deactivate your licenses, change your mac address back to the default and perform a new activation, making a new container.
Of course, it will work if you did-not reformat or replaced your hard drive.
Last edited by Vee Nee on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iswr

Didn't know Avenger was a steam game or a movie. Also didn't know the assumption is "everyone plays games in their studio anyways and doesn't care for internet access there". Btw people in their dedicated fb group also have problems with the cp, so it definitely is not the minority of only KVR or GS users...
Fun fact: my antivirus told me already when installing it that codemeter tries to install something that might not be what I want and I regularly get warnings about some processes cm related. Didn't happen with eLicenser or iLok once but confirms the intrusive and malicious behavior at least on my side, others mentioned.

If it re-authorises automatically, I won't have an issue with that personally.
rsp
sound sculptist

in the new upcoming V-Man its just 1 click (really just ONE)
in the future a complete background would be thinkable, too

msvs wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:42 pm in the new upcoming V-Man its just 1 click (really just ONE)
Yay, promising news, thanks Manuel.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Really a mistake to have purchased this.
Why does one click become acceptable? It isn't... If I change my OS version or hardware I can accept that. If I haven't for me it is unacceptable.

I am not even arguing like some that I need it to be offline. Both my music systems are online 24/7 and if it did it in the background I would be fine.

Off to see how the others who have been trying to sell theirs are doing. (ouch, one guy has been selling since August, he is now at $100 including him paying the transfer fee and still no buyers)
rsp
sound sculptist

msvs wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:42 pm in the new upcoming V-Man its just 1 click (really just ONE)
What else you guys working on for the next update? I haven't seen any videos or teasers posted for a while and I'm not on Facebook.

Hey does anyone know if there's a way to set the amp to "one-shot"? I have a sample that I dragged in and modified and I want it to play the full sample each time I hit the key instead of stopping when I release the key.

increase the release?

msvs wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:35 am We chose 90 days so THAT YOU CAN HAVE A LONG TIME OFFLINE before you have to reconnect. For example when you are travelling or have bad internet. We listened to all those who told us, they need to have a long offline period. But I guess you cant do it right for everyone. So basically now you are saying we should perform the check for every launch, rather then all 3 months?
What is meant to appear like generosity is in fact still pestering legit customers.
The comparison to gaming and Amazon streaming is totally ridiculous and off track. That would be like comparing unlocking online your own car like a shared car or make a phone call necessary for using your own car, just because it is necessary for a Taxi or Uber.
It seems to me Avenger is a professional sounding product with tremendous capabilities, but is in the hands of a company driven by marketing to amateurs and consumers and treat their customers as potential criminals. Even the additional expense of a dongle (50,-€) is not enough for this company to give their customers some peace and ease of mind. No, they treat them totally like people who have to be deeply mistrust and of bad character.
It was a mistake to buy Avenger, but resale value is to low to bother with selling it. I do like the software, but the company strategy and behaviour is a total fail.

Ideally, it should try to automatically reauthorize at launch, in the background, without any user intervention or notification, but still allow the software to run if it has been less than 90 days since the last time it was authorized. That would make it transparent to those who were always connected and still give offline people a 90 day grace period.

Manuel I got a question why is the eq goes only to 18k instead of 20k

courtjestr wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:05 pm
Ideally, it should try to automatically reauthorize at launch, in the background, without any user intervention or notification, but still allow the software to run if it has been less than 90 days since the last time it was authorized. That would make it transparent to those who were always connected and still give offline people a 90 day grace period.
The background authorization without user intervention or notification does sound like a much more transparent and better approach. I certainly would see that as preferable to even a periodic 1-click solution.

-----

Of course, from the company side, any solution that requires regular user connections to a server must consider, well, server issues and costs (either provided directly by the company, or contracted through CM), along with any associated updates/support of customer/client side software/issues. Unlike iLok, which uses local software/dongle authorization, a client software/server solution is not a do it once and forget it from their side either.

Return to “Instruments”