Anyone know how to switch kits on a Zoom MRT3b in Beatmaker 2 using MIDI program change numbers?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The operations manual says "It is also possible to send a program change message to the MRT-3 to switch the kit.", but it dosen't say how. I'm using Beatmaker 2 on the iPad, and am able to sequence the Zoom using the Keyboard instrument, but it only ever uses the 1st kit in the machine, even if I change kits on the Zoom and tap out 808 sounds on my pads at the same time. I hate that first kit. Anyone know how to send MID program changes from BM2 and switch the kit?
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

I don’t think BM2 nor 3 can send program changes to hardware.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:33 pm I don’t think BM2 nor 3 can send program changes to hardware.
Was afraid of that. Thanks. Another thing it dosen't seem to let me do is set markers on the timeline in Sequencer view. Nothing about it in the manual.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Moe Shinola wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:52 pm
TheMaestro wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:33 pm I don’t think BM2 nor 3 can send program changes to hardware.
Was afraid of that. Thanks. Another thing it dosen't seem to let me do is set markers on the timeline in Sequencer view. Nothing about it in the manual.
I don’t think it has markers either.
You could maybe use a track with empty patterns and rename them.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”