Help installing templates lost in Cubase 10.5 update

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just noticed that in my current version of Cubase 10.5, there are none of my saved user templates in the hub from my previous versions of Cubase. Is this a bug or a feature?

Is there an easy way to fix this? Or do I have to load them manually?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:51 amIs there an easy way to fix this? Or do I have to load them manually?
When you copy them from the previous version's Projects Templates folder to the Cubase 10.5 one (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10.5_64\Project Templates\), they'll show up in the hub.

daw.one wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:53 am
BERFAB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:51 amIs there an easy way to fix this? Or do I have to load them manually?
When you copy them from the previous version's Projects Templates folder to the Cubase 10.5 one (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10.5_64\Project Templates\), they'll show up in the hub.
Ahhh... of course. Finding the file will be the challenge.
Thanks for the guidance.
Cheers
-B
Berfab

BERFAB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:42 pm
daw.one wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:53 am When you copy them from the previous version's Projects Templates folder to the Cubase 10.5 one (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10.5_64\Project Templates\), they'll show up in the hub.
Ahhh... of course. Finding the file will be the challenge.
Thanks for the guidance.
Cheers
-B
In the Hub you can right click them and choose to show them in the Explorer. :tu:

BERFAB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:51 am I just noticed that in my current version of Cubase 10.5, there are none of my saved user templates in the hub from my previous versions of Cubase. Is this a bug or a feature?
Neither. It's just that former versions use different user folders.

IIRC, the stuff is in YourUser/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/YourCubaseVersion on a Windows computer.

In Cubase user presets, templates etc all over the place and hard to find(At least on Mac)I think every DAW should allow a user chosen custom folder for all user content for easier transfer to other systems or back up restore duties. It is more common than ever that people use 2 systems (desktop/laptop) and it becomes hard to keep track of the changes.

Thanks for spelling out the location. Found the files. Quick copy and paste and I'm good to go.

Cheers
-B
Berfab

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”