Reason 11.2 Out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:01 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:06 pm
antic604 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:28 pm
Buckster wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:25 pm Debating whether to get Intro what's the disadvantage of Europa as a Reason Rack VST in another DAW Vs the VST version which you only get with Reason Standard please?
VST version of Europa is discontinued and no longer sold, AFAIK.
Is the rack version resizable like the standalone plugin is?
Of course not.
That's nuts - the resize feature in Europa was such a step forwards, I was hoping they would add it to everything not take it away again.

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:57 am
antic604 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:01 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:06 pm
antic604 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:28 pm
Buckster wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:25 pm Debating whether to get Intro what's the disadvantage of Europa as a Reason Rack VST in another DAW Vs the VST version which you only get with Reason Standard please?
VST version of Europa is discontinued and no longer sold, AFAIK.
Is the rack version resizable like the standalone plugin is?
Of course not.
That's nuts - the resize feature in Europa was such a step forwards, I was hoping they would add it to everything not take it away again.
But resizing never was a thing for REs, so nothing was taken away really.

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:57 amThat's nuts - the resize feature in Europa was such a step forwards, I was hoping they would add it to everything not take it away again.
Mattias gone on record in this very topic and on ReasonTalk that they've been working on high-res, GPU-accelerated GUI for some time now so it shouldn't be (very) long way out. Remember that Live and Studio One became high-DPI aware only in v10 and v4 respectively, while Cubase only supports 100% and 200% scaling, which means it still sucks for most users that were "unfortunate" to get a small, high-res screen.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:24 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:57 amThat's nuts - the resize feature in Europa was such a step forwards, I was hoping they would add it to everything not take it away again.
Mattias gone on record in this very topic and on ReasonTalk that they've been working on high-res, GPU-accelerated GUI for some time now so it shouldn't be (very) long way out. Remember that Live and Studio One became high-DPI aware only in v10 and v4 respectively, while Cubase only supports 100% and 200% scaling, which means it still sucks for most users that were "unfortunate" to get a small, high-res screen.
I'm holding all the thumbs I can find that a high-res, GPU accelerated and resizable GUI will be released with v11.5 :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:57 pm I'm holding all the thumbs I can find that a high-res, GPU accelerated and resizable GUI will be released with v11.5 :)
Not sure if two thumbs are enough...

Must say Props support is terrible. I've had a sales related inquiry ticket open for 5 days now, no reply. I can't remember the last time I contacted any vendor that I didn't get a reply within 48 hours, or even 24 hours.

The support is actually pretty helpful and competent if you can get hold of anyone. Getting to this stage can be a really tedious and long winding experience.

You can now play with BeatMap in your browser. I guess Props' RE tech really makes such things easy for them to pull off now :)

https://www.reasonstudios.com/beat-map
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Benutzername wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:59 pm The support is actually pretty helpful and competent if you can get hold of anyone. Getting to this stage can be a really tedious and long winding experience.
No doubt, but yeah the "if you can get hold of anyone" part is what I am quite disappointed with.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”