Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^ They have a concept, you don't like it (neither do I!) . Never mind! Ultimately it's none of our business.

"all due respect" seems more natural here than your thumbs up, which comes across as a total piss-take.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:44 pm ^ They have a concept, you don't like it (neither do I!) . Never mind! Ultimately it's none of our business.

"all due respect" seems more natural here than your thumbs up, which comes across as a total piss-take.
As seems to be evidenced by his own words, the audio narrator's quality is not part of a concept, which is something he later seemed to insist upon.

And my thumbs-up is genuine. I'll take a direct insult over the alternative.

EMReviews wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:11 am
detritusdave wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:58 pm Ok, I still think you're seeing musicmaking/art/whatever only from a lens of positive feedback from others.... the part where you say 'From an intellectual or art level we are successful, if we can pour out our ideas to the world and it's a plus, if we get positive response on that or connect with like minded ones.' I am not attacking you here, but for some people making music has very, very little to do with receiving positive feedback from likeminded people etc. etc. I guess it depends on what music is to you, why you do it, why you maybe *need* to do it... I have done gigs with people who use making music as a way to replace self-harm/alcoholism... as a way to externalise their shit.... to get a kind of tangential focus on their depressive thoughts... and that works for them. And what better reason to make music...? And, for them doing gigs is about trying to earn a bit of money to pay for their gear. I don't condemn people for whom positive feedback and social interaction are of great importance... however, try and look at it from the other side of the spectrum. Some of us make music because we get f**ked up if we don't....
Partly I blaim language barriers for that you misunderstood. But on the other hand, when I mentioned "positive response", it should be more or less obvious, that "artists" don't see LIKES or tons of positive comments, fanmails and similar things as the only way of positive response/feedback. If you jam with others, you get your positive response from your other bandmembers too, it flows directly from your ear and eyes into your fingers. Also, positive feedback from others is just one way we "earn" motivation. Every musician, who sits for hours with his guitar, piano or whatever and dives into his own world by making music, is giving himself positive feedback. So, replacing i.e. self-harm/alcoholism, healing yourself from weltschmerz or simply doing music for the sake of making it etc is just one side of the coin. Every artist/musician knows these things, so, when we talked specifically about music in public, about videos on i.e. YT, I didn't think of mentioning this special type of feedback, since it was not really related. I and probably every other true musician/artist gets your point, when you say, let's make music, because we HAVE to. But remember, we also talked about the definition of success and what is the meaning of success. For some it's plain money, for some to sit in the bush on a treestump and play guitar for the birds, for some it's both. From my personal experience success and "positive feedback" are pretty close siblings.

By the way, do you play any "unplugged" instruments?
It's more complicated than that. And no, somebody playing/producing music by themself etc., isn't necessarily a source of "positive feedback", even if they are getting a lovely dopamine release as a result of it.... Humans tend to get "positive feedback" from drug/alcohol use also ... Self-identity is infinitely more complex than this (sorry to be a dick and argue the point so much .... I'm a psychologist.. so being a dick comes with the territory).

And yes, I play "unplugged" instruments... bassist originally... although I usually DI everything these days.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”