Cubase Hotfix 10.5.12 out (Asio overload bug)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... e_105.html

From the release notes:
We resolved a performance issue that lead to ASIO
overloads under certain conditions on both Windows
and macOS.

Odd. I thought this was fixed with the last update (.10). At least, it was on my machine.

I think this hotfix is for a Asio Guard bug.
Yes, there was a similar bug (CPU spikes, high load) but with VST3 and this was fixed with the last update.

n-m
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

10.5.10 was unusable on my system, as soon as I inserted/removed a plugin or a send (on a medium load project) asio load would go to 100, blocking everything for at least 10 seconds. Had to roll back to 10.5.0.
Hope this fix works...

"i just keep sitting back and watchin'... I don't ever upgrade what ain't broke yet". :-)
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I dunno what happened with this update, but when I installed it, I had no audio output, eventhough everything was routed right, and the meters were showing output.

Restarted the PC and it all came back...

Wierd. Working OK since.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Yay! An update that makes a difference :D .
I recently got a beasty PC and a new audio interface and a track I imported from my old PC made Cubase go mental (the meters were bouncing up and down and there was no audio). Cranking the buffer to 2048 got the track to play but I thought my audio interface might be a bit of a lemon as my old Saffire Pro 14 handled it okay.
I just run the same track at 256 samples perfectly fine after installing the update.
No lemons have been bought :clap:

Grum.

I had not noticed any ASIO problems but better safe than sorry, so I installed this update anyway.

Now every time I make an audio mixdown it is saved by default into the Windows Music folder instead of the project's Audio folder. I can still browse and save it in the proper location, but since I never had to before I tend to forget. This is annoying. Anyone else having this issue?

I have updated to this version but nothing changed still CPU spikes to 100% i will continue working on 10.0.5 i guess till a good update fix it's released.

i still have this spikes overtime and it crashes few times .. i only uses SSD5 and SERUM .. annd boom .. OVERLOAD

In combination with the updated UR tools, latency and CPU consumption is lower. I can run now Cubase at lowest latency with 32 buffers ASIO. IMO this ASIO overload is also fixed or its at least not so often as before.

For me the spikes stopped after disabling ASIO Guard. I guess ASIO Guard is no longer needed on modern CPU's.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”