Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:22 pm Props introduce Hi-DPI for Reason and the rack gets even smaller.... For those that use the rack, this would really be the last straw I think..
That’s not how things will likely work, but nice troll attempt. :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Quite impressed with this release and the whole rack concept in general. Hdpi support must be a huge under taking. Steinberg can't get it right big props for the props if they can pull this off.

Is there any way to upgrade to 11.2 without downloading and installing the full 3.8 GB file?

AFAIK no.

bharris22 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:41 pm Is there any way to upgrade to 11.2 without downloading and installing the full 3.8 GB file?
If you already have Reason 11 it should ask you to update from within the application. It's a 200+ Mb download.

EnochLight wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:19 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:22 pm Props introduce Hi-DPI for Reason and the rack gets even smaller.... For those that use the rack, this would really be the last straw I think..
That’s not how things will likely work, but nice troll attempt. :lol:
Well, the Rack is different to the rest of the Reason GUI, a container, all the elements of instruments are pre-rendered to a fixed size. Including the overall size of them. Therefore, if the rest of the GUI gets bigger, those devices contained in the rack will get smaller in comparison, if not otherwise stay at the same resolution as they are currently. So, until Propellerheads/Reason Studios categorically state the Reason in its entirety including the rack devices will scale to appropriately in line with Hi-DPI resolutions..I'll remain unconvinced, given their very vague recent announcement.

It would be far better to lose the rack and create re-scailable VST based versions of the Reason devices and have the RE developers port their RE's to VST's which can do the same, then create a new container in a similar way the Presonus has for nodes so that routing of CV signals will work as it did before...That's really how Reason should progress into the future.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:14 pmI'll remain unconvinced, given their very vague recent announcement.
You'll remain clueless, rather. I'm not sure what's vague in "high-res, GPU accelerated GUI"...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:14 pm Well, the Rack is different to the rest of the Reason GUI...
Well, you have no idea how High DPI/res support will be implemented, and you're making assumptions based on the last time you used Reason (which was years ago, right)? Let's see how it's implemented, and then judge.

But to entertain you, let's assumed Reason Studios merely adds high DPI assets to the rack and that's it. If you scale (either via your OS, or your DAW that should allegedly properly supports high DPI), then said graphics will appear much crisper, with no fuzziness, such as that plagues the program in its current form. So - no big deal. Everyone gets what they want, and you can continue using Studio One while trolling Reason threads. :party: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

eXode wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:28 pm
bharris22 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:41 pm Is there any way to upgrade to 11.2 without downloading and installing the full 3.8 GB file?
If you already have Reason 11 it should ask you to update from within the application. It's a 200+ Mb download.
Thanks!!

antic604 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:22 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:14 pmI'll remain unconvinced, given their very vague recent announcement.
You'll remain clueless, rather. I'm not sure what's vague in "high-res, GPU accelerated GUI"...
In the days of the Amiga, Hi-Res was 640x320 pixels.... ;), and well, you would have a hard time running Windows/MacOS if it wasn't GPU accelerated... so yeah.. it's vague. :D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

EnochLight wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:28 pm Just confirmed by the Product Manager that high-resolution, GPU accelerated graphics are coming to Reason:

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... 61#p488361

:o :o :o
Shame about the hostility company reps seen to get on every internet forum. :(

As if the hi-Res GUI would be a small update they could just implement tomorrow.

I'm doing some pretty creative out-of-the-box shit with the rack and cubase -- feels like the fresh uniqueness of Reason 3 all over again.
Have you tried Vital?

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:31 pmIn the days of the Amiga, Hi-Res was 640x320 pixels.... ;), and well, you would have a hard time running Windows/MacOS if it wasn't GPU accelerated... so yeah.. it's vague. :D
Again, you just prove you've no idea what you're talking about - most DAWs (and VSTs) are not GPU accelerated, i.e. their GUIs are rendered (vectorised, drawn , shaded, textured, animated, etc.) by the CPU and only the final ready image is pushed to the screen by GPU.
Music tech enthusiast

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:31 pmIn the days of the Amiga, Hi-Res was 640x320 pixels.... ;)
To further prove my point - there was nu such resolution on Amiga :D
Music tech enthusiast

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:50 pm
EnochLight wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:28 pm Just confirmed by the Product Manager that high-resolution, GPU accelerated graphics are coming to Reason:

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... 61#p488361

:o :o :o
Shame about the hostility company reps seen to get on every internet forum. :(

As if the hi-Res GUI would be a small update they could just implement tomorrow.
The hostility comes from the UI elements being so small and completely stuck in decades past when reason was mainly optimized for 1024x768 resolution (!!). People have been asking for larger user interface elements literally for over a decade.

It's not like they haven't had time to re-do the graphics. They just haven't cared.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”