JUCE vst host -> x64 Windows

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nix808 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:46 am A bump for this-
I managed to compile for x64.
download in first post
It looks like the binary you are distributing is a debug build, not the greatest idea because running that requires debug runtime libraries on the user's computers. (And only developers with Visual Studio installed are likely to have those.) Debug builds are also slower to run.

I would suggest you build a release version of the program and statically link the Visual Studio runtime into the .exe, instead of requiring the separate dlls to be installed by the user.

I have updated the link, with a release build.
Will look into the Runtime linking

nix808 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:18 am I have updated the link, with a release build.
Will look into the Runtime linking
I am sorry to report that the release build failed; it is still a debug build.

Take a look at this old link; creating a release build can be tricky: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/516 ... f-msvcp140
I tried to perform Release build, by changing Configuration->Release in drop-down menu within Project Properties. What I had to do is to set Configuration->Release in Configuration Manager window for my Project.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

AFAIK, it's a release build, both of those edit boxes are correct. How did you check that it is a debug?
--do I need to deploy perhaps?

nix808 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:45 am AFAIK, it's a release build, both of those edit boxes are correct. How did you check that it is a debug?
--do I need to deploy perhaps?
It is essentially a debug build because it still links to the debug versions of the DLLs:
  • MSVCP140D.dll
  • VCRUNTIME140D.dll
  • ucrtbased.dll
It should instead be linking to the non-debug versions of those DLLs:
  • MSVCP140.dll
  • VCRUNTIME140.dll
  • ucrtbase.dll
Keep trying different deployment options in Visual Studio; something has to make it work.

To know if you got it right, use the depends.exe tool to see which DLLs the compiled EXE depends on:

I will attach the tool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

thanks a million!-maybe a JUCE flag sets it, will try to alter it, and should be able to check now

I think it's set now,
it was a JUCE edit box
please try again if you'd like

nix808 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:48 am I think it's set now,
it was a JUCE edit box
please try again if you'd like
You got it -- it runs now! Yippee! :hyper:

It is, as you mentioned, a little finicky with certain VST plug-ins. It crashed to desktop while scanning what appeared to be the Stagecraft Autofilter plug-in. :shrug:

Oh good!
:phones:

Run good for me now ! Thank you :tu:

you're welcome garfield! glad to hear

Yes, working here too :)

cool! [shades]

Bump for the fix

Working nice! Thank you. Can you add record option to your host? Maybe it will be helpfull to you
https://forum.juce.com/t/audio-plugin-h ... er/20740/7

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”