New Falcon website

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Falcon

If you're interested in Falcon, just drop by:
http://cwmodular.org/falcon.html
This site is 100% ad-free; it's just for information purposes. :)

Despite the dodgy/spammy look of this first post this is actually really useful - I have Falcon but I've not really much of a clue how to use it but this breaks things down nicely. Nice one !

Nice work!

mcbpete wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:34 pm Despite the dodgy/spammy look of this first post this is actually really useful - I have Falcon but I've not really much of a clue how to use it but this breaks things down nicely. Nice one !
I see I shouldn't have mentioned that it is ad-free (but it is).
Despite the fact that Falcon is really quite simple to use (at least after a while), I think blinking ads all over the place are counter-productive when you want to learn something.
In the near future I'll add some Falcon Programs. :)

No no you get me wrong - It's just when there's a new joiner with just one post and that post is pointing to a website with not much other detail, then the chances are high that it's just a bot pointing to some dodgy website. So I was nicely surprised to learn that wasn't the case and was actually a site I'll definitely be using many times in the future !

I see, thanks for clarifying!
Actually I've joined KVR some years ago but didn't make any posts, as I was rarely using VSTs.
But with Falcon I'm really feeling quite comfortable, also soundwise it's top-notch.

Not a big fan of Falcon, it's just too damn fiddly for me, but just came here to big up Roy at cwmodular.org - his devices for Scope DSP are top-notch and very generously provided for free :tu:

Konnichiwa and thanks Pulsarian,
yes, it is fiddly but you can make excellent sounds you can't do in Scope.
LOL I bought my first Scope card when some of the UVI staff and for sure some KVR guys aren't even born, and it's still rockin'. :D

I accept it can sound good! I like the granular modes. But the cpu usage makes them often unusable :(

yep, CPU load can get quite high, also depending on some oscillator settings (see here).
Setting Layer polyphony as low as possible can help.

But these CPU demanding oscillators are just a tiny part of the software. I'm already happy with all the other stuff. For example, these Euclidian sequencers which I still have to delve into. Or, reconstructing a drumloop: just load it in Slice Oscillator and draw the notes/slices in Step Line sequencer.
This software has so many facets it makes me upset that days have 24 hours only.

Excellent! Thanks

Thanks for the link. Very helpful.

Thanks!

Something for the rhythm department:

How does it work?
A drumloop is sliced into 16 samples which are triggered by a Step Line sequencer.
By turning the 'Sequence Slice' knobs you can determine what slice is playing at a certain time.
Furthermore you have controls for number of steps (1 to 16), Groove/Shuffle, cutoff frequency of the three involved filters, and Attack and combined Decay/Release times of the slices' envelopes.
Some parameters are remote controlled by Step Sequencers, which you can turn off (Autom.On/Off button).
Turn it off, and make weird rhythms by tweaking the knobs (try NoOfStep, Step1 and Filter controls for a start.)
Drawback: knobs showing %, not the actual step number. Therefore I made this little conversion table at the bottom of the Info view panel. (applies also to Step number knob.)

How to use a different loop?
In Edit View,
-delete the 'Mapped' Layer (Remove Node), then
-drop a new drumloop onto the 'Layer1' Slice oscillator.
-the automatically created markers will make no sense in this case. Click on the black line above the oscillator, select Remove all Markers, and click Add Markers with Grid setting (1/16 for a 1-bar loop).
-then click on the Map button, and the 16 slices will be created.
-2 bar loop length: Grid 1/8, Step LIne resolution 1/8
-the only Info View macros which are on Keygroup level and have to be reassigned are the envelope controls.
Download: here

Great! Thanks!
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Instruments”