ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

there will be 3.1 with cool new features. More soon

Look forward to it; I'm loving the new version.
Music is the food of the soul!

I hope it includes NKS support :)

Same here, lack of promised NKS is what’s stopping me from purchasing Nexus 3.

The 4 macro controls with NKS would be nice, but I bet they don‘t would map 4 macros for old expansions, but it would really push nexus to the next level

sacer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:44 pm The 4 macro controls with NKS would be nice, but I bet they don‘t would map 4 macros for old expansions, but it would really push nexus to the next level
I agree, the macros feel completely redundant at the moment, especially after using something like avenger.

Tagging Presets is needed too... n hopefully soon.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Found out in the last few days that not only does Nexus 3 need its license renewed every 30 days (I am always online so that is not the real issue), but that it has to be used or at least opened every 30 days or else the license goes dormant/expired.
I rarely use Nexus 3. Can you imagine if every plugin required such a ridiculous system.
Sigh

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:10 pm Found out in the last few days that not only does Nexus 3 need its license renewed every 30 days (I am always online so that is not the real issue), but that it has to be used or at least opened every 30 days or else the license goes dormant/expired.
I rarely use Nexus 3. Can you imagine if every plugin required such a ridiculous system.
Sigh

rsp
So did you get this issue because you weren't connected to the internet? I'm assuming if you were, it would have automatically updated its license?

Hi I am always connected to the internet once the computers are on.
The issue was it requires 1) connection to the internet AND 2) usage within a 30 day period.
I fulfilled the former not the latter.

In fairness though, after the warning the next time I tried to use it it was fine again.

I just personally find it a ridiculous form of copy protection (yes I do prefer the e-licenser dongle that I needed for N2), and I shudder to imagine how much a bigger workflow killer this could be if more developers were to adapt this.
rsp
sound sculptist

That's completely ridiculous, some of us go away, leave our homes and studios for work, trips, etc.

That's insane, they may want to fix that one pretty quickly.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I didn't get the impression that they thought it needed 'fixing'.
Pity all of this info wasn't available when N3 was released.
rsp
sound sculptist

Agreed.
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Version 3.1.0 is live:
NEW Added skin support.
NEW Added "undo" and "redo".
NEW Added locks for some mod-sections.
NEW Added visualizations of audio-signals in various places.
NEW Added notifications when updates are available.
NEW Filtered out unreachable destinations in the mod-matrix.
NEW Layer names can now be assigned by right-clicking on layer-tabs, arp-tabs and tg-tabs.
NEW Added a "minimal-keys" option so virtual midi-keyboards work better.
NEW Default UI-size can now be saved for new instances.
NEW Default preview-volume can be saved for new instances.
NEW Added "fltVel" and "drive" as modulation-destinations in the mod-matrix.
NEW Added "pitch", "modwheel" and "aftertouch" as automation-parameters.
CHG Moved the user menu onto the avatar.
CHG Disabled mouse-wheel editing for sliders on scrollable pages.
CHG Hold shift while re-sizing the UI to adjust it in 5% steps.
CHG Changed order of keyzone colors to improve contrast for most presets.
CHG Tweaked keyzone colors to be closer to their NKS-led counterparts.
CHG Added cloud-service to convert 3rd party presets.
FIX Arpeggio editors won't receive keyboard events when disabled.
FIX NKS-lightguide wasn't updated when editor was closed.
FIX Deleting the "User Presets"-folder didn't do anything.
FIX Correctly detects Nexus1 saved in projects.
FIX General bug-fixes (minor)

I had to uninstall it:

viewtopic.php?p=7678483

ReFx support has really been helpful throughout all the issues I had with Nexus (and there were quite a few as I had upgraded the very first day it came out), so it is really difficult to be mad at them. But in all honesty, the synth is not worth the amount of time I have wasted on this software. There much nicer synths out there that are not as obnoxious in their approach to licensing.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Instruments”