ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
m-ac
KVRian
506 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:03 am

So 4 months in and still no NKS? Not to mention the fact the library filters still haven't been added to anything but the factory library. But we do have a bright neon yellow skin now so thats ok.

Screenshot 2020-02-28 at 10.58.17.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trusampler
KVRian
1034 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:16 am

....
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/Heritage Audio R.A.M.2000/API Lunchbox 6/Dyn Audio Bm5a MK2+Adam Audio
Powercore Virus B/Akai MPC Touch/Korg Wavestate/Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst

Synthdance
KVRer
4 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from Norwich, UK

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:51 am

m-ac wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:03 am
So 4 months in and still no NKS? Not to mention the fact the library filters still haven't been added to anything but the factory library. But we do have a bright neon yellow skin now so thats ok.


Screenshot 2020-02-28 at 10.58.17.png
This is sooo disappointing. I don’t mind copy protection ReFX is using, but I really need NKS compatibility and all factory patches and expansions in NKS format. My studio is based on NI ecosystem.

Yim
KVRer
11 posts since 16 Oct, 2018

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:09 am

Thank you for adding the skins! It feels like home again :love:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FigBug
KVRist
430 posts since 3 May, 2005 from Victoria, BC

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:24 am

Yim wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:09 am
Thank you for adding the skins! It feels like home again :love:
If anybody wants to edit or make their own skins, they are .json files you can edit in a text editor. Go to the skins folder, unzip a skin into a folder, give the folder a new name. Edit the text file and the plugin UI with update on the fly every time you save the file.

User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
7467 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:27 pm

3.1.1
NEW Added notifications when license needs to be refreshed (only if Nexus is used offline).
rsp
sound sculptist

trusampler
KVRian
1034 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Has anyone figured out how to tag an instrument by category?
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/Heritage Audio R.A.M.2000/API Lunchbox 6/Dyn Audio Bm5a MK2+Adam Audio
Powercore Virus B/Akai MPC Touch/Korg Wavestate/Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst

User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
7467 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:08 pm

By dragging it to the size you want then choosing "set as default size"?

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

trusampler
KVRian
1034 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:09 pm

Edit: Sorry there's an issue with my breath controller with N3 ;(
Last edited by trusampler on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/Heritage Audio R.A.M.2000/API Lunchbox 6/Dyn Audio Bm5a MK2+Adam Audio
Powercore Virus B/Akai MPC Touch/Korg Wavestate/Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst

trusampler
KVRian
1034 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:09 pm

zvenx wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:08 pm
By dragging it to the size you want then choosing "set as default size"?

rsp
Thanks zvenx I just caught that.
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/Heritage Audio R.A.M.2000/API Lunchbox 6/Dyn Audio Bm5a MK2+Adam Audio
Powercore Virus B/Akai MPC Touch/Korg Wavestate/Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst

User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
7467 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:12 pm

Welcome.
rsp
sound sculptist

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2999 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:56 am

Not sure if its been highlighted in this thread already and I missed it, but I see 3.1 has a solution for the third party presets thing that upset a lot of folks on release. As long as you're online, it will convert the patch in the cloud. I'm not 100% clear if it then saves it locally and normally once done - I think its the case, but maybe someone with older patches could confirm.

I'd hope that the 30-day activation might be made a rolling system like Avenger is currently planning to implement. So much of a better system if it just extends the licensing time every time you launch it, rather than waiting til its expired before trying. If you work offline its still a huge PITA, but for other users it is much more likely to be invisible in practice.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2019 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 10.5
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

FigBug
KVRist
430 posts since 3 May, 2005 from Victoria, BC

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:13 am

noiseboyuk wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:56 am
Not sure if its been highlighted in this thread already and I missed it, but I see 3.1 has a solution for the third party presets thing that upset a lot of folks on release. As long as you're online, it will convert the patch in the cloud. I'm not 100% clear if it then saves it locally and normally once done - I think its the case, but maybe someone with older patches could confirm.
It's not just third party presets. It's also any songs you saved with versions prior to 2.3 will be updated as well. Currently it doesn't update the local file.
noiseboyuk wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:56 am
I'd hope that the 30-day activation might be made a rolling system like Avenger is currently planning to implement. So much of a better system if it just extends the licensing time every time you launch it, rather than waiting til its expired before trying. If you work offline its still a huge PITA, but for other users it is much more likely to be invisible in practice.
This is how it currently works. Every time you launch, if your license is at least 24 hours old, it will update the license. The issue is if you don't use Nexus for 30 days and then load a song, Nexus tries to restore its state and fails because there is no license and then the license download completes a few seconds later. So then you need to close and re-open your song.

User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
7467 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:39 am

FigBug wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:13 am
noiseboyuk wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:56 am
Not sure if its been highlighted in this thread already and I missed it, but I see 3.1 has a solution for the third party presets thing that upset a lot of folks on release. As long as you're online, it will convert the patch in the cloud. I'm not 100% clear if it then saves it locally and normally once done - I think its the case, but maybe someone with older patches could confirm.
It's not just third party presets. It's also any songs you saved with versions prior to 2.3 will be updated as well. Currently it doesn't update the local file.
noiseboyuk wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:56 am
I'd hope that the 30-day activation might be made a rolling system like Avenger is currently planning to implement. So much of a better system if it just extends the licensing time every time you launch it, rather than waiting til its expired before trying. If you work offline its still a huge PITA, but for other users it is much more likely to be invisible in practice.
This is how it currently works. Every time you launch, if your license is at least 24 hours old, it will update the license. The issue is if you don't use Nexus for 30 days and then load a song, Nexus tries to restore its state and fails because there is no license and then the license download completes a few seconds later. So then you need to close and re-open your song.
From your location I wonder if... :)

What I would appreciate is if the refx cloud thing did the relicense download as well.
I certainly use that more often than I use Nexus :) (keep hoping they will allow midi cc mapping of macros and your N2 favourites to be imported)
rsp
sound sculptist

plrdmus
KVRist
39 posts since 13 Aug, 2019

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:01 am

Yim wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:09 am
Thank you for adding the skins! It feels like home again :love:
It still needs the ability to make it 16:9 or at least something that makes the browser smaller.

Return to “Instruments”