List of instruments that do not limit activations?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

electro wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:21 pm Always give support to the developers that make activations easy. Hornet, DDMF, U-he, DMG Audio are a few examples.
Thanks, but looks like these are all effect plugins other than u-he. Looking for instruments only.

Unfortunately, software devs can't really figure out if you install their software on your friends computers, unless the software does C/R or something similar, so, that's that. There's a limit to activations for a reason.

chk071 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:26 pm Unfortunately, software devs can't really figure out if you install their software on your friends computers, unless the software does C/R or something similar, so, that's that. There's a limit to activations for a reason.
Sure but if it is on a friend's computer there is a good chance it will be used concurrently at some point. Why isn't a copy protection system that monitors concurrent usage enough?
Last edited by noxxle_ on Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Because it would require a online connection, and then we'd have the people complaining about having to be online when using or activating the software again.

There's a solution which would work for everyone: Stop complaining about copy protections, and start using the software. I never heard anyone complaining about someone else locking his car because he puts a general mistrust on everyone that way. ;)

noxxle_ wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:24 am I have 3 computers and regularly update their hardware.
Why don't you leave your computers alone? 8)

noxxle_ wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:21 pm
ElVincente wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:10 pm Glitchmachines are unlimited too
https://glitchmachines.com/legal/

Limited to two computers.
Oups... sorry

e-crooner wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:02 pm
noxxle_ wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:24 am I have 3 computers and regularly update their hardware.
Why don't you leave your computers alone? 8)
I probably should but can't.

When I update my high performance computer, I tend to move its hardware to a lesser computer. So if I update the vid card, the old card goes in the mid performance computer. And the mid's old card goes in the lowest performance computer.

What is a high-performance computer today will still be damn good 1 or 2 years from now. Fortunately, your habit of constant reconfiguration is not common.

I wonder if a hard drive has a unique ID. If it has and developers used that one, you could simply replace everything except for your hard drive, which is a component where technical progress is not that fast, anyway.

e-crooner wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:41 pm What is a high-performance computer today will still be damn good 1 or 2 years from now. Fortunately, your habit of constant reconfiguration is not common.

I wonder if a hard drive has a unique ID. If it has and developers used that one, you could simply replace everything except for your hard drive, which is a component where technical progress is not that fast, anyway.
i think toontrack used to use HW as challenge for the response... iirc same drive in different computer produced the same challenge or something like that.

Apple?

noxxle_ wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:24 am I have 3 computers and regularly update their hardware. Managing activations is a pain.
no-buys:
Glitchmachines (2 computers)
kv331audio (5)
Plugin Alliance (3)
StillWell Audio (2)
SugarBytes (2)
Synapse Audio (3)
Togu Audio Line (5)
I understand how you feel
Some companies just bitching around because of such things .
I love the Way Melda describes it.
Install it on every PC you own . (Easy and clean )
Many of us got more than 1 PC for music production. And some of us work with more than one OS
Some companies, you'll need for a Mac a different license, which is a dick move par excellence.

But like you'll wrote you need 3 license for your work, so they who give you 3 or 5 should still work .

On your no buys you'll can add UVI (3)
And Cherry Audio Voltage (5 but, easy system olds license kicks newest )
IK Multimedia 10 Overall activations (can rested by support)
Last edited by Polomo123 on Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So Arturia limits to 5 activations but you can also deactivate on computers to put that activation back in the pool of uses. Stupid question but don't all of these that limit activations do the same thing?

He wrote :
noxxle_ wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:24 am Managing activations is a pain. I do not want to visit every company's website or email their support team when I update.
So Arturia is also a No buy

rezoneight wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:50 pm So Arturia limits to 5 activations but you can also deactivate on computers to put that activation back in the pool of uses. Stupid question but don't all of these that limit activations do the same thing?
Yea but its a pain. I don't like visiting a dozen websites to adjust my currently active computers.

Polomo123 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:21 pm He wrote :
noxxle_ wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:24 am Managing activations is a pain. I do not want to visit every company's website or email their support team when I update.
So Arturia is also a No buy
Just to note that one doesn't need to visit the Arturia website or email their support team to deactivate. It's done through the Arturia Software Center application on the computer.

Return to “Instruments”