Listening too many times dellusion

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'm starting recording with vsts and I realized i'm experiencing something i've read about here and there: loosing the capacity to judge something that i've listened too many times.

Ar first i liked some arrangement i made with vsts, It sounded engaging and interesting, but with time it started sounding dull and i could only think of recording with real instruments to make It better.

I stayed about two weeks without listening and now It sounds good again! And i saw again that vsts can do much. Im listening to It much as the reviews i had received here, that is very wrong with timing and problems of expressivity but in general It sounds well. However, It was sounding so dull to me few weeks ago that i was with no motivation to go on...

I remembered that songs that i liked much, recorded with real instruments and great players started to not touch me much after Ive heard many and many times...

How you deal with this effect? How to keep having motivation to craft music when its suddenly sounding dull to the ears that were too much dedicated to It?

Thanks
Better than this only the silence. Better than the silence only John.

Just take a break - which is what you did.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Have multiple projects on the go, so you can switch between them to keep up the novelty and interest :tu:

But, also search out virtual instruments that perhaps offer more in expressivity. Maybe look into new midi control instruments, such as Roli stuff or Linnstrument, Joué and Sensel Morph.

have a nice cup of tea
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Thanks el-bo, multiple projects and a seaboard sounds nice!

So, perhaps if we take a sight on this issue with no prejudice and clear thought we could in fact suspect that at least in a great extent the focus of solving our concerns would be in realize that we should drink more tea and less coffee? 🍵🤔
Better than this only the silence. Better than the silence only John.

reported!

breaks and multiple projects are good ideas.
or, if you have a controller, just have a play ocassionally, with no goals to record.

anything that gives the brain a break from the repetition of one piece :)

Also, it helps if if you're getting better over time and get next track right quickly.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

The only thing you can really do is develop a nice routine of taking breaks once in a while, maybe work on a few projects at once, doing so will keep you jumping from one idea to the next, bringing something with you each time. (If you can do so without getting too distracted)
Take care :wink:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”