Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

zzz00m wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:31 pm The demo for Windows is Win64 only, and from the standard edition product description regarding the special access requirements for 32-bit plugins, I'd assume so:

"Requires Windows or Mac OS X 10.11 and later INCLUDING Catalina (32-Bit Plug-ins can be access with 3rd party applications (JBridge on the PC and 32 Lives on the Mac.)"
Yes, 64-bit with support for J-Bridge if you buy it and want to use 32-bit plugins.

bharris22 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:05 pm I know that the plugin version of Unify is currently 64 bit only. Is the standalone version also 64 bit only?
Yes. Are you wanting to use 32-bit plug-ins? Which ones are important to you?

Actually, I have two Windows tablets - one that is new that I use for a lot of my music software, and a second (running 32 bit Windows) that is very old that I use primarily as a MIDI controller (for example, running XotoPad and an old version of Tracktion with several 32 bit sequencers). I was hoping that if there was a 32 bit version of Unify I could install it on that old Windows tablet and run my sequencers using that instead of a full-fledged DAW.

I hope crossfading keyboard splits, a la Omnisphere, are in the works for Unify—yes?

1. Is Unify multi-touch capable?

2. It would be great if Unify can make non-multitouch plugins multitouch capable? Studio One has the Macro Controls that can map non-multitouch knobs to the Macro Control knobs and make them multitouch capable. Great!

But I feel that there may be an easier way. Click the soon to be implemented? Unify Mutltitouch Edit button and then touch the knob on the current plugin GUI which puts a dot on it to let you know that that parameter is multitouch capable. Do this to more knobs on the plugin GUI. So now the GUI becomes a control surface. Yes some GUI’s are cluttered so the way that Studio One with Macro Controls does it is good in such cases.

I confess! I have a 23” multi-touch monitor!

bharris22 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:03 pm Actually, I have two Windows tablets - one that is new that I use for a lot of my music software, and a second (running 32 bit Windows) that is very old that I use primarily as a MIDI controller (for example, running XotoPad and an old version of Tracktion with several 32 bit sequencers). I was hoping that if there was a 32 bit version of Unify I could install it on that old Windows tablet and run my sequencers using that instead of a full-fledged DAW.
I'm working on something that should do what you want, but it's very early days so don't hold your breath. But thank you for explaining what you're trying to achieve.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:47 pm 1. Is Unify multi-touch capable?

2. It would be great if Unify can make non-multitouch plugins multitouch capable? Studio One has the Macro Controls that can map non-multitouch knobs to the Macro Control knobs and make them multitouch capable. Great!

But I feel that there may be an easier way. Click the soon to be implemented? Unify Mutltitouch Edit button and then touch the knob on the current plugin GUI which puts a dot on it to let you know that that parameter is multitouch capable. Do this to more knobs on the plugin GUI. So now the GUI becomes a control surface. Yes some GUI’s are cluttered so the way that Studio One with Macro Controls does it is good in such cases.

I've added this to our ever-growing to-do list, but I have to be honest and say this wouldn't be a high priority item.

Do you have Unify? Have you tried it on your MT display?

David wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:14 pm I hope crossfading keyboard splits, a la Omnisphere, are in the works for Unify—yes?
We hope to have something like this in a future update, but there may be some limitations because Unify is basically a host (like a DAW), so it can't do all the same things that a plug-in like Omnisphere can do.

getdunne wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:22 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:47 pm 1. Is Unify multi-touch capable?

I've added this to our ever-growing to-do list, but I have to be honest and say this wouldn't be a high priority item.

Do you have Unify? Have you tried it on your MT display?
Yes I purchased Unify last week.
Had not the time to install it.
I now recall but not sure if I recall correctly you used JUCE so if so Unify will be multitouch capable.

Thanks for adding it to the to do list even if low priority. :)

I actually never miss one of John (and Shane's) live streams, but today's seemed exceptional in terms of finally unfolding the potential for new libraries for Unify. In fact, the whole concept behind Unify as a patch and "multi" Library showcase for John and others, as well as an ever-expanding features toybox really came alive as never before, I felt. Definitely recommended for all users, and esp. for potential users who wonder what all the fuss is about, or how Unify could possibly be different from other plugin hosts and layering devices, like Live racks, etc. Bravo, guys, this really is a Big Thing—Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRee887oZ3o

Did they mention a release date for version 1.0.10 ?

It makes me a little sad to know I will likely never use Unify to its full potential, but I love having all that power at my fingertips! And it's good to know I can play on the slide, and the jungle-gym, and the swings, and maybe someday I'll be able to explore the merry-go-round, and the teeter-totter!

I response to the above stream video, please make the Jitter effect slider be able to randomly push AND pull the beat, and in extremely slight increments! (the demo above displays ridiculously off-beat example, IMO!).

And on the Gold Bank project, please resist the urge to feature pricey $400 synths/plugins, even if you could make killer multi-patch with them. I'd like to see some of the MANY cool freeware synth sounds explored, like Crystal, and Tyrell N6, and TAL NoiseMaker, Surge, Helix, etc.! Please don't leave us non-huge synth library folks out in the rain!

SciFiArtMan wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:28 pm
And on the Gold Bank project, please resist the urge to feature pricey $400 synths/plugins, even if you could make killer multi-patch with them. I'd like to see some of the MANY cool freeware synth sounds explored, like Crystal, and Tyrell N6, and TAL NoiseMaker, Surge, Helix, etc.! Please don't leave us non-huge synth library folks out in the rain!
And please consider exploring the MANY almost free synths and other devices available for the cost of a single Computer Music Magazine, currently including, eg, barely cut-down versions of Aalto and Thorn, amongst many others.

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/ ... ck-issues/

mrsugmad wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:04 am Did they mention a release date for version 1.0.10 ?
He mentioned sometime around Easter, which is April 12; so, sometime around mid-April.
It's the music that makes the science worthwhile.

SciFiArtMan wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:28 pm ...please make the Jitter effect slider be able to randomly push AND pull the beat...
JitterBox works on real-time MIDI data. If you play on the beat, it's already too late to push the note-on event any earlier.

Return to “Instruments”