Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:44 pm Demoing this and it adds a 6db gain boost in FL Studio at default settings, but not in other DAWs. I have to turn the Out Gain all the way down to match the level. Same for anyone else?

Seems the Mix control doesn't work properly either. At 0% you can still hear the wet signal.
Ah, that's a fun property of FLStudio: it automatically sums together all of the aux channels. Triad outputs wet signals of all three bands onto three stereo aux outputs.

Here's an image showing the outputs:
FLstudioTriadOuts.png
Just disable the Low/Mid/High outs or route them to other mixer tracks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Edited
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:16 pm How do I disable them? I don't have the options there like in your screenshot. Your G8 plugin doesn't work in FL Studio either, is that due to the same issue?
Yes, G8 has the same issue, because we output the "Reject Outputs" (i.e. the audio opposite of the main output) simultaneously for creative processing.

Which version of FL are you on? I'm on v20.

Edited

Vortifex wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:23 pm I am using 20.6.2 and the VST2 version of Triad.
Thanks. It might be a VST3 setting. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to load the VST2 version instead of the VST3. I rescanned my folder with "Combine VST and VST3 versions of a plugin" unchecked. How are you loading it, or did you simply not install the VST3 version?

Edited

I updated FL Studio just to be sure (I was a few small point updates behind), but I still have the toggles. I'll delete the VST3 from my system and do a rescan.
flstudioupdate.png
EDIT: Yep! That was it. The convenient output toggles only show up in the VST3 wrapper. Now to re-educate myself on how to handle routing in FLStudio without them.

Is there any chance we could get a clipper module in future?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

+1 and ditto for lion

Hi there, I'm a bit late here but is there an option to make Triad load everytime with the Low Mid and High outs disabled by default? I have to untoggle them everytime... Thx! FL 20 user.

Nevermind, solved!

cron wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:01 pm
barbecutie wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:22 am
Local Man wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:53 am
barbecutie wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:18 am Hi All.

I am comparing BYOME against TRIAD.

What is the simplest way to get a BYOME preset in TRIAD to sound exactly like it does when using BYOME? As right now the same named "preset" sounds totally different to me and I am pretty lost. :help:

Thanks in advance for your help. :pray:

BBC
Triad has 3 bands (splits the frequency range into 3 and applies a different series of effects to each range), whereas Byome only has 1. So for a similarly or identically named preset I am assuming that only one Triad band has the same settings as Byome. So you would have to identify which band that is and collapse Triad down to one band (the one with those settings). To do that you'd have to pull the frequency crossover ranges to a point where only the one band is affecting the sound across the entire audible range (there is no way to just turn the other 2 bands off unfortunately).
Hi Local Man.

Thanks for taking to time to explain how this is set up in TRIAD. That gives me hope.

I will play around with this some more and see if I can make it match.

Much appreciated! :hug:

BBC
Triad doesn't have Byome's AGC function (automatic gain control), so that might be an obstacle to getting patches sounding the same. The AGC in Byome is one of my favourite features - perhaps a little misleadingly named because it follows the unprocessed input signal in super-tight, twitchy fashion rather than doing gentle levelling. It's more like an 'amplitude transfer' function. I think I've already mentioned this in either this or the Byome thread, but I'd love to have the AGC as a module so its usable in Triad and/or can be injected anywhere in Byome's signal path rather than always being the final step.
Nice, thanks for the love on AGC. We're considering doing an update or v2 where you can place paired AGC modules at any point in the chain. Possibly something similar with Feedback paths as well. If people place reasonable requests in these threads we'll try to go through them when that happens. Other stuff on the list would be items like upward compression, a bunch of lofiaf inspired distortion units, more reverbs, maybe some IRs... etc. etc.
Josh, Co-Founder of Unfiltered Audio:
http://www.unfilteredaudio.com

Amusesmile wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:27 pm We're considering doing an update or v2 ........
+1 : oh yes please
AGC modules/reverbs/upward comp etc :-)

external midi input ("AU MIDI-controlled Effects" for example) would be cool
(i.e.: LION's midi input controller modules)

randomnizer for individual modules, lock/unlock for individual modules as
easy-to-click module-titlebar-icons

a module based general lock for the "IN Gain/S.Rate...." module
Last edited by muki on Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Can one do feedback loops within Triad?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Effects”