[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:21 pm
beatmangler443 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:20 pm According to a studio one beta tester don't expect Version 5 anytime soon.
INTRANCER was almost exactly spot on with the last major release date, so, I really wouldn't bet on this. :D

Also, the release schedule shows a trend towards earlier releases. On version 3, version 3.5 came within 2 years of the intitial 3.0 release, and, 4.0 came a 4 years after that, and, version 4.5 came a year after the release of version 4.0, so, yeah... I really think Presonus will speed up its release cycle. For the good or worse.

I don't really expect it in the next months though. But, could be wrong.
Wrong or right I would believe someone who actually works closely with Presonus and beta's studio one over a kvr poster.

beatmangler443 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:43 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:21 pm
beatmangler443 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:20 pm According to a studio one beta tester don't expect Version 5 anytime soon.
INTRANCER was almost exactly spot on with the last major release date, so, I really wouldn't bet on this. :D

Also, the release schedule shows a trend towards earlier releases. On version 3, version 3.5 came within 2 years of the intitial 3.0 release, and, 4.0 came a 4 years after that, and, version 4.5 came a year after the release of version 4.0, so, yeah... I really think Presonus will speed up its release cycle. For the good or worse.

I don't really expect it in the next months though. But, could be wrong.
I didn't know you work for them. Wrong or right I would believe someone who actually works closely with Presonus and beta's studio one over a kvr poster.

We shall see...
Last edited by beatmangler443 on Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I know they are working on version 5 now .

I can definitely see them pushing the Atom (bigger one) and a midi controller in version 5 based on where the market is in 2020.

It should be pretty obvious to at least some that Studio One is developed in a two prong approach, i.e a parallel development approach. Whilst one is being updated as needed, another is already being worked on for release. The development is planned ahead in advance from the point in which a product is released to the point of which the next one begins. The reason for May release time isn't just co-incidental in pattern. There is an actual reason for it... in 2015...https://www.abladvisor.com/news/7059/in ... idential-f

To cut a long story short, investors typically receive their returns around June and July...which in the case of Studio One, is probably the peak of S1 sales, before the end of November, when sales begin. For the consumer it's a predictable pattern, and thus it makes for accurate readings on the line graph, in addition to how effective their development is of the product.

Anyway that's my logical analysis of it.

When I look back to 2014, version 2.6 had been last updated in November 2014, and version 3.0, was in May of 2015... and as we know, was a big update...speaking of updates... there has been a few here tonight.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Trying to get into this DAW finally. I got a question: When I drag an instrument from the browser to the list of instruments in the mix window it'll add it to the list with its name greyed out and create a new track for it in the mixer, but it won't let me play it. Why is this happening?

Vortifex wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:07 pm Trying to get into this DAW finally. I got a question: When I drag an instrument from the browser to the list of instruments in the mix window it'll add it to the list with its name greyed out and create a new track for it in the mixer, but it won't let me play it. Why is this happening?
Just drag and drop it into the arrangement area and it will create a track for you.

Or if for some reason you want to create the instrument channel separately then if you drag it into the Console section of the Mixer it will create an audio channel for it first which enables it.

If you drag and drop into the Instruments list in the mixer you have to manually set up the other stuff. There’s a reason for it but I forget what it is- everyone just drag and drops into the Arrange area.

I use the mixer window enlarged, so if I want to add an instrument it means I have to switch to the arrange window. I don't see why they can't just add a simple right click > add instrument to new track option.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:43 pm I use the mixer window enlarged, so if I want to add an instrument it means I have to switch to the arrange window. I don't see why they can't just add a simple right click > add instrument to new track option.
If you go to the Studio One menu, scroll down to Macro Organiser, click New on the popup to open the editor window, type Add, which will filter down Add Instrument To Track from the list. Click the middle arrow button to send it across to the next window, give it a name and description. You can then create a macro button for it on the macro bar. Right click on the macro bar, select create button. With the button created, you can then assign the macro you created from the drop down list. You can also detach the macro bar which may be particularly useful if you are using a dual screen setup. You can also set up macros to open different tabs of the browser and close it remotely from there with these buttons. After creating your button, you can then assign the Add Instrument command to a keyboard shortcut key from the Studio One menu, Keyboard Shortcuts... which brings up the popup which allows you to do that. By default, it will be set to none, and it won't be functional until you assign it to an instrument you've created, which yes... does mean you need to access the main arrangement to bring up the dropdown for it. If you use a gaming mouse, you could then assign the key to an unused button you have on it, which would speed up that whole process a bit.

It might not be exactly what you're after, but it should give you an overview of doing things as a new user to Studio One.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:14 am ...type Add, which will filter down Add Instrument To Track from the list. ...
There is no such command in the standard S1 installation...

If you got this, it should be some script... which you could perhaps share??? 8)

Trancit wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:18 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:14 am ...type Add, which will filter down Add Instrument To Track from the list. ...
There is no such command in the standard S1 installation...

If you got this, it should be some script... which you could perhaps share??? 8)
It's there in the current version of Studio One 4.6.1 where I've underlined it, and a few others...
such as "Add Insert to Selected Channels". It allows you to assign a plugin and a preset (or just an FX chain should you wish).

Whether you can specify an actual instrument when you add an instrument track, is something I've not actually explored yet. I suspect not as there are no additional dots (...). It could be something we'll see in 5.0.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:41 am ...
Whether you can specify an actual instrument when you add an instrument track, is something I've not actually explored yet...
You cannot... what you underlined is nothing else than the command for adding a "Midi" track...
Via Macro you can only give it a fixed name but that´s it...

Trancit wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:30 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:41 am ...
Whether you can specify an actual instrument when you add an instrument track, is something I've not actually explored yet...
You cannot... what you underlined is nothing else than the command for adding a "Midi" track...
Via Macro you can only give it a fixed name but that´s it...
Well I was leading to consecutive commands as a possibility as that's now possible with macros but with being too busy to go down that rabbit hole at time of posting, and then remembering that I watched a key video to highlight why that probably wouldn't work. That is adding an instrument track and specifying whatever that may be in an automated process to create a VST instrument at the same time.

In any case, I'd have hard time obfuscating the need to use the arranger window in my use of Studio One. If one is simply using Studio One as a monitoring path to record to, then I could only suggest to create a preset template and recall it whenever one needs and the other option is to create a song and import what you want to another, you're using. I'm probably drifting down the road... at the same time almost drifting off to the land of nod +21 hours... but anyway, at least for the moment, audio FX is pretty flexible as I described.

There's been a few nuggets (a bit of an understatement) added to page one over the past few days... it's like building a big jigsaw...no not the one that cuts.

- In Browser, choose an Instrument plugin.
(BTW: You can focus the Instruments section of the Browser by using the command "Show Instruments", assigned to a keyshortcut.
- Give focus back to Song window, for example by leftmouse click on an area of the Song Window.
- Now, Use the command "Insert Selected Intrument", assigned to a shortcut, which you can find in the Keyshortcuts List.
Outcome: An instrument Track is created with the choosen Instrument plugin inserted on that Instrument Track.

Hope this helps !

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”