Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:07 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:46 pm So for the most part I've just been making my own sounds from scratch, but it would be nice to cycle through the factory presets within the plugin.

I'm wondering if this is a MacOS Catalina issue, because I've had this same issue with Triad.
I think you have to access them though the drop down menu. I didn’t have luck using the arrow buttons and I’m on Windows.
The arrows should work - that's what they're there for. If they don't - that's an issue, ask the developers for advice.

monophonK wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:29 am Update for LION - Version 1.1 (02/28/2020)
- Full Catalina support and notarization
- HiDPI support improvement
- OpenGL Removed
- Fixed quantization not working on main Oscillators bug
- Fixed filter interpolation bugs on first note
- Zipper fix on LP12 filter
- added unison phase randomization option
- added legato modulation reset stop
Thanks - it would be useful if the PA downloader actually gave you useful information such as whether there is an update and what the release notes and number is of the downloads available.

I came across a very strange (and annoying) bug while demoing Lion (both 1.0 and 1.1) on Ableton Live 9.7.7:

Ableton crashes every time I try to open a project with Lion and Kontakt (5.8.1) within it. It happened to me on a project I had just started so i did some tests. Lion alone is OK, Kontakt alone is (obv) OK, but if I create a new project, load an instance of Lion, and an instance of Kontakt, both in their default state, save it, close it, and then try to open it back, Ableton crashes. Every time.

I guess it has to be a pretty rare bug, probably something wrong with my system, as it would be well known by today if Lion couldn't work along with Kontakt, but still, if it can help.

Anyway, I'll have to spend my 29$ voucher on something else.
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

I just opened Komplete Kontrol and saw Lion in it. :o
Wow! Did not know it was NKS compatible. Icing on the cake tbh. Glad I bought it.

I found one bug though. I am on Windows 10. When you load presets from Komplete Kontrol browser (and sometimes when using it outside of Komplete Kontrol), the preset name on the GUI does not change. We need to manually click on the preset name for it to update/refresh.

perfumer wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:35 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:07 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:46 pm So for the most part I've just been making my own sounds from scratch, but it would be nice to cycle through the factory presets within the plugin.

I'm wondering if this is a MacOS Catalina issue, because I've had this same issue with Triad.
I think you have to access them though the drop down menu. I didn’t have luck using the arrow buttons and I’m on Windows.
The arrows should work - that's what they're there for. If they don't - that's an issue, ask the developers for advice.
They're working now... I think maybe they don't work from the initial state? After I chose a bank they seemed to work fine.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

This may already buried in the 68-pages here but I couldnt find it but

1) how the hell do I display the keyboard if its not visible
2) why the hell does changing the 'type' of a synth component (like the oscillator) work from a dropdown menu directly via the type name at the top-left of the component while changing the 'type' of an effect or modulator component works from a pop-up menu on the top-right of the component?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

^ I have the same questions too. I think there are still somethings that need to be fixed. Hopefully there will be an update soon now that so many people would have bought it.

So I bought this beast, love the sound of it, but am having lots of problems with it. In Bitwig I can add VST2 and VST3 no problems. However when I load up a project that has VST2 Lion in it it always crashes i.e. doesn't load the project at all. Bitwig projects with VST3 in load up fine, apart from the fact that any presets I created have the default OSCs loaded no matter which OSC I used in the preset!

In Cubase VST2 doesn't show up to be able to add it for some reason. VST3 - I can load one instance of Lion and it saves and reloads correctly, but as soon as I try and load a second instance of Lion the synth crashes.

I know this isn't the official support route (and I will go down that route) I just wondered if anyone else is having/has had similar issues and knows a fix/workaround?

Cheers

cb8rwh wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:14 pm So I bought this beast, love the sound of it, but am having lots of problems with it. In Bitwig I can add VST2 and VST3 no problems. However when I load up a project that has VST2 Lion in it it always crashes i.e. doesn't load the project at all. Bitwig projects with VST3 in load up fine, apart from the fact that any presets I created have the default OSCs loaded no matter which OSC I used in the preset!

In Cubase VST2 doesn't show up to be able to add it for some reason. VST3 - I can load one instance of Lion and it saves and reloads correctly, but as soon as I try and load a second instance of Lion the synth crashes.

I know this isn't the official support route (and I will go down that route) I just wondered if anyone else is having/has had similar issues and knows a fix/workaround?

Cheers
don't have bitwig. so can't check it.

but i have cubase (pro 10.5.12). it is normal behavior that vst2 plugins do not appear, i depends however on the manufacturer, or other reasons. so sometimes you have the 2 versions, vst2 & vst3.

o well.

i checked, have a project, working on it now with lion (and ds thorn..), i loaded a second instance of LION, nor probs. win 10 pro (1909, up to date).

Thanks for checking Wasteland, I appreciate it. That is the same version of Cubase as I am running. Fun and games!

I have raised a support ticket with PA, so fingers crossed they can get to the bottom of it.

Cheers

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:18 pm
monophonK wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:29 am Update for LION - Version 1.1 (02/28/2020)
- Full Catalina support and notarization
- HiDPI support improvement
- OpenGL Removed
- Fixed quantization not working on main Oscillators bug
- Fixed filter interpolation bugs on first note
- Zipper fix on LP12 filter
- added unison phase randomization option
- added legato modulation reset stop
Thanks - it would be useful if the PA downloader actually gave you useful information such as whether there is an update and what the release notes and number is of the downloads available.
Not only does the 'updater' not inform you if there are updates, it doesn't even have the latest versions on! (Lion is 1.1.1 on the PA main site)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Weird. The current beta is on 1.1.0 (beta3) ...

https://unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:17 pm Weird. The current beta is on 1.1.0 (beta3) ...

https://unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta
My bad, thanks for the heads up. Just removed the old builds from the beta page. Everything is up-to-date now at PA.

The start-up issue is really weird. I haven't seen that with LION in the DAWs that I'm testing. Thank you for raising the support ticket with PA, as that will help us get this sorted more quickly.

Sorry are you saying that finally we can use the PA installer and have the latest of your stuff or are you saying, they have them now and they will at some point update it to their database that feeds their installer?
rsp

edit:
Never mind asked and answered.
Finally.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”