One Synth Challenge #133: Cheeze Machine 2 by 2getheraudio (z.prime Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yup, agree to all the above. But we are "pushing" the bounds of creativity with this challenge eh?

dB

Yes, it is a creative process of digging in the code of the synth, but if someone climbs into the engine CM2-Pro (as it seems one and the same :shrug: ) through the back cover, it would be wise to allow him to access the engine from the front panel to those participants who want to use all the features of the engine (it turns out that it is still likely legitimate than not :shrug: ) could focus on the fun of creating cool sounds, not endless searches, "what does this option in code?"... Although this may be very interesting for some, it is not the only possible option. It's like climbing through a window on the second floor when the door at the bottom is open :hihi: So I suggest equating CM2=CMPro this month and allowing everyone to choose the best path for themselves (based on the fact that these synths work on the same engine, and the fact that the path to the Pro version settings from CM2 has already been found). Just so people don 't suffer from this code... :tu:

I'll just go and do something fun with CM2! :party: Restrictions are also interesting! :wink:

I would prefer that too - although with the trouble I had trying to get the website to give me a link for the free cheeze, I don't know if I can face trying to get another download (Thanks again z' for the link!)

How do you guys create white noise with this synth? :scared:

Hey you Oscars...
Here are some drum presets I made. Enjoy!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/si1tnkpdc7ifc ... s.zip?dl=0

Thanks Jas, will check 'em out …

dB

Very generous gift, thank you! Maybe my track won 't be without percussion :hail: It remains to find out how far I need to get into the code so that they become different from the original! :lol:

So is it official to use the pro version if want to?

If the Pro version is allowed, would some claim it an unfair advantage to those willing to pay for the synth?

Well ... you know me :lol: - not just because I already finished my track I'm not a fan of using pro. Just go with the sounds you can get from editing presets, don't touch the text files. That's what this OSC set out to be anyway.
My 2 cents. If you guys decide for it, I won't be mad. (Trust me :hug:)

Carl_saved wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:49 pm [...] I'm not a fan of using pro. Just go with the sounds you can get from editing presets, don't touch the text files. That's what this OSC set out to be anyway. [...]
We are fine with both using CM2 or Pro and don't think you need to dive into the text files to get some fresh and creative patches. As in the past we will let the plugin of the month lead the way.

Consider our little hack as a slightly vain finger exercise. All patches in our track have been and will be made by tweaking CM2 presets via its gui.

I say make them suffer. Force them to use the free version. It's good for you.

Carl_saved wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:49 pm... I'm not a fan of using pro. Just go with the sounds you can get from editing presets, don't touch the text files. That's what this OSC set out to be anyway.
So I have to disagree here. If there were features of the synth that were not exposed through the UI, but instead through VST parameters would those be off limits to use? Certainly there has never been a question that it's perfectly fine to use those in the past; these preset files are akin -- the synth has some capabilities not exposed through the UI. Now, there is a difference using the Pro version at least in ease of use but in the past when TAL U-NO-62 was used, it was acceptable to buy the bigger brother, U-NO-LX. Incidentally, the winner was the great Jasinski who used the free version, which shows the only advantage is being Jasinski, who is amazingly good and I am secretly stalking him outside of his house right now.

jasinski wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:41 am I say make them suffer. Force them to use the free version. It's good for you.
And that's what the great Jasinski is telling us right now in his 666th message - use the free version!!! :borg: I think we must obey and do as he says!

Yay Jas … 666 :scared: :scared: :scared:

dB

Return to “Instruments”