ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

MissOptimyst wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:54 am Isn’t VPS and ReFX the same company though? I’ve always been confused the difference.
Vengeance Sound and reFX are two separate companies that collaborated to create Nexus. Vengeance Sound also creates products on their own.

Similar policies.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

MissOptimyst wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:54 am
SirkusPi wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:30 am Thankfully, Nexus 3 does not (for the moment, at least) use CodeMeter. I've already abandoned Avenger and foresworn ever buying from VPS again because of the imposition of the new CodeMeter system. But Nexus just uses a dedicated license manager program (not involving CodeMeter) that, for me at least, has worked without problem thus far, with no need to refresh, etc.
Thanks for the advice! That’s a relief to hear. I’m not enjoying the Code Meter stuff for Avenger either. And wouldn’t mind having Nexus 3 in my workflow. Decisions! Isn’t VPS and ReFX the same company though? I’ve always been confused the difference.
I will say you're going to get very similar sounds from the expansions of both, with some obvious differences aside like the hollywood packs. But in general for the edm type packs, they're similar.

m-ac wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:08 am
MissOptimyst wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:54 am
SirkusPi wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:30 am Thankfully, Nexus 3 does not (for the moment, at least) use CodeMeter. I've already abandoned Avenger and foresworn ever buying from VPS again because of the imposition of the new CodeMeter system. But Nexus just uses a dedicated license manager program (not involving CodeMeter) that, for me at least, has worked without problem thus far, with no need to refresh, etc.
Thanks for the advice! That’s a relief to hear. I’m not enjoying the Code Meter stuff for Avenger either. And wouldn’t mind having Nexus 3 in my workflow. Decisions! Isn’t VPS and ReFX the same company though? I’ve always been confused the difference.
I will say you're going to get very similar sounds from the expansions of both, with some obvious differences aside like the hollywood packs. But in general for the edm type packs, they're similar.
Hm something to think about. I’m trying to diverse my sound a bit and use a broad range of different sounding instruments. I’ll do my research, I appreciate the advice! Also thanks to the person who explained VPS and ReFX. I always just figured it was the same company.

Mark XF wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:21 pm My new skin :wink:
Nice cat :hyper

Is anyone else getting crashes in logic when using nexus 3?

m-ac wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:03 pm Is anyone else getting crashes in logic when using nexus 3?
Haven't seen any. But please save the crash log from Logic and send it to support.

m-ac wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:03 pm Is anyone else getting crashes in logic when using nexus 3?
Not here. LPX 10.4.8 - Mojave 10.14.6
Use it nearly everyday. Have you checked the Refx cloud app for any updates?

My first attempt at building a skin...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

And a more colorful version :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So did ReFX give up on NKS support?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:02 pm So did ReFX give up on NKS support?
If they have, they can give up the money I spent on the upgrade too. Leaving customers still waiting after 4 months is pretty pathetic.

You guys know if they will make a Techno preset pack? Like Warehouse style?

Hi guys, I just paid 250$ to download Nexus 3.It took me a some time to understand how to download the cloud since it is not really obvious in the web site layout. Moreover, when I finally found the way to do it the cloud file is being downloaded with a ridiculous speed of 50 BYTES per second. I haven't seen that speed number in 15 years now. It's a 3 mb file that is taking 2 days to download. The best part is that their support (ticket) section is not workring...

Anybody knows what is going on or has same issue?

Solved: All sorted, works fine now and web site lay out is fixed. Probably they were doing some maintenance at that time.
Last edited by nslp on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”