v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi Attila,

Just got around to trying V3.83 ... and RC won't detect VSTs. I get the following pop-up no matter what I add...
Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 11.58.29.jpg
Is this happening for anyone else?

I recently installed a program called ONYX which cleans the MAC and I'm thinking maybe that has changed something under the hood. All previous versions of RC have detected VST just fine.

Thanks,

Cereb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

In ONYX - Manteinance - Cleaning - Options - Applications - Deselect Audio Units modules cache.
Captura de pantalla 2020-03-13 a las 9.18.09.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Cereb,

this was a problem with the original v3.83 that was uploaded, however it is fixed in the current version. The problem was that certain entitlements were not included in the built executable even if they were added, so it was a build issue on my side.
Please re-download and re-install.

Thanks,
Attila

Cereb wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:54 am Hi Attila,

Just got around to trying V3.83 ... and RC won't detect VSTs. I get the following pop-up no matter what I add...

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 11.58.29.jpg

Is this happening for anyone else?

I recently installed a program called ONYX which cleans the MAC and I'm thinking maybe that has changed something under the hood. All previous versions of RC have detected VST just fine.

Thanks,

Cereb
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila!
It might be interesting to add to the Phrase Editor such as Mini Master Track, with which it would be possible to quickly set chords and scales for individual segments of the phrase before we set it to the Composition. It would be possible to name scales and chords in this window, how to pull up and down, and enter from the computer keyboard and from the MIDI controller. Thanks .

RapidComposer 3.9b7 is available!

Improvements:
  • Regeneration of "Melody Editor" phrases works as expected (creates new melody)
  • More sensible default values
  • 3 crashing bugs fixed (reported by lulukom - thanks!)

yellukhan wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:31 am Global Randomize and Track randomize makes only a slight variations instead of a total randomization
am i expecting something wrong?
Hi yellukhan,

you are right, regeneration did not work well for "Melody Editor" phrases. Now this is fixed in v3.9b7.

Please note that this is not very useful in the Idea Tool, because the workflow is
Generate/edit melody -> Harmonize
instead of
Master track chords -> Generate melody for chords

The melody is NOT using any chords, so it won't sound good if inserted under random chords.
It is meant as a motive development tool, which you can harmonize and use with the right chords.

If there is demand, I'll insert a mini master track in the Melody Editor so that it can generate a melody for existing chords...

Thanks,
Attila

If there is demand, I'll insert a mini master track in the Melody Editor so that it can generate a melody for existing chords...
This is also very interesting!

I don’t like the lack of a programmable loop in the Melody Editor ... I don’t want to listen to the whole melody again and again if I work on the melody of one section. But perhaps a good decision would be to make not a full cycle, but an option to loop only the selected section or sections in the process of generating melodies in addition to mute sections!

crash

Thank you, lulukom. This crash happened during quitting but so far I was unable to figure out the reason. Did you close the program as other times?
Thanks,
Attila

Unfortunately, I do not remember, but now it does not repeat and everything works more stable!

After a crash, you should reboot... Things get left in memory... then see if that can reproduce the issue..

All my scales and rules in the drop down list for stuff like the setting the master track are duplicated.. checked the directory and looks good there..

Harmonization quit working too... think it is duplicate rule related...

and...

OMG! :scared:
Are you sure there is no duplicate of your files in the DB folder, somewhere under the DB folder in hierarchy?
I can't find another explanation for this.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”