LAUNCH! VAST Dynamics - Vaporizer2 - Hybrid Wavetable Additive / Subtractive Synthesizer / Sampler / Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Energy The Transformation Vaporizer2

carlosigls wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:28 pm Avast is the worst unlike Vast Dynamics which is the best. ;)
Yes, please don't mix the two. :phones: :party: :tu:

Etymologically, from Latin roots, AVAST means "Without VAST".

The best is to have VAST... and without AVAST.

:wink:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

vastdynamics wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:24 pm Ah icon - OK will look at it.
A bit off-topic, but isn't Avast the anti virus software that sells you privacy to companies?
https://bgr.com/2020/01/28/avast-sellin ... y-scandal/
I would rather uninstall that.
yes, i know......... but it is a anti virus software, which i can turn off, at 2 levels, the shields, and "completely". am i stubborn, i have a blocked browser, noscript/privacy badger/ublock-origin on firefox, double blocking.. and i let a virus scanner eat my private recepies... i have to search for another one.. and i advice people to install blockers... a strange discrepancy...

o well, what do you mean by MSEG, also for loops?

BlackWinny wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:36 pm Etymologically, from Latin roots, AVAST means "Without VAST".

The best is to have VAST... and without AVAST.

:wink:
a latin lover, was delving into etymology myself just know...

WasteLand wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:38 pm o well, what do you mean by MSEG, also for loops?
You can define arbitrary control points of the mseg as loop start and loop end points. As long as the MSEG is in "decay" it will loop between those. With the new version you can synch those points to the DAW timecode beats, e.g. to have a length of exactly 4 8ths notes. When you do that you will notice the difference between "per voice" enabled or not. When enabled the loop might differ per voice due to different start times. When you turn it off it will be the same for all voices.

I would like to ask for a feature request here...

I would really appreciate it if you could add the ability to snap to zero crossings in the phase control in the wavetable editor. it would work best if there was some kind of a lock button that switched the phase control to step from one zero crossing to the next as oppose to scrolling through the phase in the linear manner that it currently does.

Thanks.

Yes, this will come with the next version. Not only for the phase but for all editor functions.

It would also be nice if we could have it auto snap to zero crossing when importing single cycle waveforms.

I've been using it more lately. At first it was a fine idea gen tool, but it's been slowly becoming a staple. Glad you are here and commenting!

I'm having problems with the Mseg to Waveform function, the shape I draw in the mseg is not the same shape I get in the oscillator.

Here are some pictures of the issue.
MSeg (Edit).png
Osc (Edit).png
As you can see the osc shape is extended beyond the mseg's shape.

Could we possibly get mseg style drawing directly in the osc shape window for easier sound design?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hm, yes, that does not look right. I will check today and include a fix in the next version.

The reason why the wavetable editor mechanism is different from the MSEG editor is that the wavetable editor shall allow arbitrary shapes where information about points and bezier curves is not existing. When using e.g. wavetable effects this information will be lost and then editing based on points and curves is not possible anymore.

But: I find the editor option "line/arc" as the best approach here. Is that not sufficient for you? In combination with a grid (e.g. 16x16), it would easily allow to design the shape above. Agreed, it needs some practise to work with both mouse buttons for that (left to draw the line, left+right to draw a bezier curve with custom curviness between two points). But in the end you are very quick and precise with it.
Last edited by vastdynamics on Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edited: I just now realized that you need to draw with a left click and then hold control as a modifier without letting go of the left click to get the arc function, thank you.

:) I know there are not enough videos and documentation available yet describing these functions well in detail. Will work on that next.

vastdynamics wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:42 am :) I know there are not enough videos and documentation available yet describing these functions well in detail. Will work on that next.
i hope they will come, i also posted a message on FB, you have read it.
i know, from experience, examples and documentation will always be "too late", i tried when i was programming, to keep the documentation up to date, but it costs time. examples where always where always not on par with the newest versions... (no dsp programming, a webdesign program, graphical, worked. does not work anymore. with a lot of functionality, not available at that time, for animations, pages that (because they where purely javascript) where "rendered" on instant, with databases, also by own design, parsers, xml, xslt... now all implemented, by standard, in every browser or on server side. butit was a great experience.. i sometimes like to go down to memory lane, it was 20 years ago. a known animator, is that the word, has used it...)

in the mean time i will expand my experience with the thing itself. still like it very much.

The long awaited updated version 3.0 (March 13th 2020) of the Vaporizer2 User's Manual is available and can be downloaded here.
https://www.vast-dynamics.com/?q=VaporizerUserManual

Return to “Instruments”