New Sonic Arts Freestyle 1.5 is released. Kore style morphing incoming

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In plugin form, since it's VST2 it only recognizes one MIDI input. Standalone version recognizes all MIDI inputs your OS has. However, as far as I can see, you cannot route individual MIDI ports within the structure however you want, all recognized and activated MIDI inputs behave as one. Unless I'm missing something.

As long as there is a drop down menu ( right clicking event input ) that let's me choose the bus and channel I'm good .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:31 pm Unless I'm missing something.
You are 8)

In the Structure you can create as many event input pins as required. You can then assign any given pin to a particular MIDI port and/or channel, by right/cmd-clicking on it. (By default pins receive on all ports / all channels).

ports.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Ah, great! In this case I'm glad to be wrong :)

BTW James, I would really really appreciate an option to disable all UI animations. fade in/outs and the like. It's needlessly slowing down the workflow. Hope that's not complicated to add. It doesn't even need to be a feature in options, I would be fine with a registry entry, like UI fade time, X ms, 0 being off.

Thanks for considering!

Will there be a vst 3 version?

simmo75 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:48 pm Will there be a vst 3 version?
Yes but I can't give any timeframe on that.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:45 am And is this the james walker hall , from reaktor fame :D ?
Oh that's a name I remember well from Reaktor ensembles! Didn't realize it was that James. Reaktor Session was my very first VST (Actually AU at the time as I was Apple/Logic). My first software synths after using Reason for years. And I saw James's name all over the ensembles in the Factory Library.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:31 pm BTW James, I would really really appreciate an option to disable all UI animations. fade in/outs and the like. It's needlessly slowing down the workflow. Hope that's not complicated to add. It doesn't even need to be a feature in options
There is a (unsupported) way to disable this, please PM me for more details

(Edit: I took down this from public post as it is advanced/unsupported and could cause or lead to later problems if not done correctly or fully understood)
Last edited by newsonicarts on Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

OK thanks for all that info James, I will make use of it :) this is even better than registry :)

Some strange stuff happening here .

Deleting the last audio output node , results in a crash

Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Would you mind submitting that to support@newsonicarts.com and someone will sort that out for you.Ta.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:31 am Deleting the last audio output node , results in a crash
Thanks for finding that. It was a trivial fix and will be included in the next release.

In future please report technical issues to support@newsonicarts.com to make sure they are properly tracked and dealt with. We can easily miss things posted here and don't neccesarily check.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:26 am(Edit: I took down this from public post as it is advanced/unsupported and could cause or lead to later problems if not done correctly or fully understood)
Aw, and I didn't manage to do it because I was not at my desktop on Sunday! :(

Do you mind PMing me that info, please? Thanks!

I'm still having a helluva time with input nodes,
now with an M-Audio M-Track 8, I cannot stream audio from the ins
it causes a crash which doesn't lock my computer, only Freestyle

newsonicarts wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:26 am
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:31 pm BTW James, I would really really appreciate an option to disable all UI animations. fade in/outs and the like. It's needlessly slowing down the workflow. Hope that's not complicated to add. It doesn't even need to be a feature in options
There is a (unsupported) way to disable this, please PM me for more details

(Edit: I took down this from public post as it is advanced/unsupported and could cause or lead to later problems if not done correctly or fully understood)
Could I also receive the instructions in a PM? I saw the original post but didn't have time to note it down. :( Thanks in advance!

Return to “Instruments”