My Ideas

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please do not shoot me for making a new topic but I took a different turn into my music journey.

I understand that I lack the skills to make something professional sounding. I have there for created a new soundcloud where I will put all my tracks and refer to them as ideas.

So please, before judging them you need to understand that it are just ideas...

I shared this track already in other topics but since its the first track I uploaded to my soundcloud account I will post it here too...

https://soundcloud.com/themanwithideas/sets/genre-a

https://soundcloud.com/themanwithideas/sets/genre-b
Last edited by Heavenly Sounds on Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Just a suggestion, if you are looking for someone taking new spin on them, maybe release them in zip file with actual project MIDI files, so it's easier for someone to have a go at them.

How do I create project midi files? I use ableton Live 10.

Thank you.
Does it also work with audio files? I use Boom vst to create drums but it creates an audio file... I think its refered to as a drum computer. The problem is that when I create a kick or a snare or a hi hat or anything it makes an audiofile for that specifik sound...
Last edited by Heavenly Sounds on Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you're looking for people to work on your music with and/or for you start a thread that reads "Looking For Collaborators"

You'll get more response.

Thank you wagtunes but its a bit too late now... I already made a post and I know people do not like me to make a lot of different posts. This will have to do. Thank you for your advice.

Mozex wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:46 pm Thank you wagtunes but its a bit too late now... I already made a post and I know people do not like me to make a lot of different posts. This will have to do. Thank you for your advice.
Just edit the thread title.

I will think about it. Its a huge step for me doing this. I hope you understand.

Mozex wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:56 pm I will think about it. Its a huge step for me doing this. I hope you understand.
Changing a thread title is a big step? Look, do you want help with your music or not? There was a time I would have done anything to get somebody to work on my music with me. It took 42 years for that to finally happen.

It's your life but damn it, it's over before you know it. If you want something, go out and get it because, honestly, nobody is going to care about your ideas and this thread is going to die a horrible death just like about 99% of the threads that get posted here.

ok

But now what? If someone likes an idea and wants to do something with it, how do I then proceed? Do I just send the files for free to them or how does this normally work?

Mozex wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:18 pm But now what? If someone likes an idea and wants to do something with it, how do I then proceed? Do I just send the files for free to them or how does this normally work?
Depends on the other person and how they wish to work. There are multiple options with todays technology.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Yeah I am not gonna do it, I am sorry. Its to complicated. How am I gonna send a midi file from a sequence or a arp preset? Its just a note then but the sequence itself is in my vst. I am just gonna share my ideas and leave all those other things behind. If nobody cares about them then thats how it shall be.

Live can export midi files as well as audio. Its in the manual ...

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... es-daw-daw
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”