2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’ve built a lot of Frequency Central modules so far this year: Klang Stadt, Cryptograf, Polygraf, Volts Platz, State 700mk2, and another System X Envelope. There’s lots more to build from them yet: Monograf, Infinitely Maybe, Deep Thought, XVCF TWO, and more System X Envelopes. Oh, and a Random*Source NCOM too.

Picked up a pair of Arturia RackBrutes recently for showing some of the DIY stuff I’m doing (setting up a booth at Knobcon this year). Haven’t gotten a ton of modules this year, just a WMD Voltera, 2hp Kick, 2hp Snare, and a replacement Expert Sleepers ES-3mk4 (previous mk4 had died).

I'm thinking about either getting a Korg Wavestate or an Arturia Keystep Pro. Apples and oranges but that how gas goes :help:
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Was going to go one-keyboard for my live rig (nord stage 3) after I sold my electro...but this damn virus and the economics of it have put my job (and many others) in jeopardy. So I have to pocket that hard-saved music money in case I need it for fun stuff like insurance and food. I don't work in the music industry, some of my friends that do are looking at really hard times.

Ordered a MicroFreak. You know, for 'research' if I wind up 'working from home.'
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:04 am Ordered a MicroFreak. You know, for 'research' if I wind up 'working from home.'
you started wearing the gas masks on the commute yet?

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:43 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:04 am Ordered a MicroFreak. You know, for 'research' if I wind up 'working from home.'
you started wearing the gas masks on the commute yet?
...been tempted...

:hihi:

This one, specifically.

I'm thinking of getting a few hazmat suits and some masks...

There was a guy shopping the other day in a snorkel and scuba mask...

No flippers though :wink:
No auto tune...

Had the good idea to go buy a Minilogue XD on the last day before french quarantine. Quite happy with my move, great synth :D

I guess it will be a lot easier to integrate in my workflow than my Minibrute...

For those who have it, please help me there viewtopic.php?f=102&t=541351
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

Waiting for a Squarp Pyramid to arrive. Seems like I'll have plenty of time to get to know it well!
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Bugger. Paid for next-day delivery on the MicroFreak, and now its been delayed till tomorrow. :(

DJMaytag wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:01 am I’ve built a lot of Frequency Central modules so far this year: Klang Stadt, Cryptograf, Polygraf, Volts Platz, State 700mk2, and another System X Envelope. There’s lots more to build from them yet: Monograf, Infinitely Maybe, Deep Thought, XVCF TWO, and more System X Envelopes. Oh, and a Random*Source NCOM too.
How do you find the workflow on the Polygraf?

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:01 pm This one, specifically.

what would one poogle search for such an item that is virus safe?

asking for a friend...

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:07 am Bugger. Paid for next-day delivery on the MicroFreak, and now its been delayed till tomorrow. :(
It arrived 75 minutes before the building closed. :clap:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”