ADSR Sample Manager - "Find the perfect sound in an instant!"

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ADSR Sample Manager

Hello! Last year or so ADSR SM appeared and i immediately downloaded it but then it was still in primordial phase and i came to this forum and together with other people we discussed what was wrong and what was needed and the developers were here to listen....
now after I haven't touched it for a while i download the new version and WOW!! all our suggestions are taken into consideration (especially AND/OR search inside a folder, multiple files tags etc)
Thanks!!
Also i noticed the program is very fast in indexing even a large collection and quite stable and works very well inside Ableton with the MIDI...
There are still few BASIC issues feautures that i would like to point out, some of then have been probably already discussed here cause it's really BASIC STUFF..
1)autotag seems not to work properly for root folders; so for instance if i have a collection called "dnb loops" it would be good if all the files and subfolders inside would be automatically tagged "drum and bass" ...for now i did it manually but it's quite a job...also i noticed a few minor issues still with autotag
2)BPM folder reading: if a folder is named "jungle loop 170BPM" all the loop inside should be tagged 170bpm (instead many of those were improperly tagged 85BPM , not a big issue to fix but still..)
Also KEY folder reading...many "Construction kit" samples have the key at the end of the folder name.
3)MORE COLUMNS in the listing and ordering and especially "LENGHT" (this is obviously super necessary) and "PATH" (ordering by path means all the same files in the same folder can be listened one after one if one wish so)
4)Ordering by TAGS...for instance if i am searching "PERCUSSSION" first i i will see "BONGOS" then "CONGAS" then "BONGOS""CONGAS" etc....this is extremely useful...
5) The good old search by "file name" should be available together with TAG search....(for instance i am looking by tag "SNARE" and i want to look only for the files inside the folder "Cymatics")
6)More boolean option especially "NOT"
Ok thanks again for listening and congratulations for the excellent software

OOPs i just fond another basic feature missing , ADSR SM reads the key written in the filename BUT NOT the one written inside the key tag (as written by software like "Mixed in key" "Keyfinder" and others)
True that those software can also modify the filename and append the key at the end, only sometimes you don't want to modify the name in order not to have problem with the DAW , old projects cannot recognize the files anymore etc...
also that would be SO easy to implement from a programmer point of view...

Oh and another small thing: there are some sample labels that tag the key of the samples with an "f" for flat and a "s" for sharp, so for instance Fsm is F#m ..and sample manager does not recognize those values....

Pathname should show as the tooltip of the sample name in the bottom view. Not ideal, I know, but its there.

Duplicate detection and hiding is coming. This will be the first pass at a system dealing with duplicate files so we'll have quite a bit of room to improve any workflow surrounding it

loopus wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:04 pmalso that would be SO easy to implement from a programmer point of view...
Haha. Sometimes the things that appear obvious and simple have lots of unforseen complications.

Im not suggesting that key metadata embedded in audio files is necessarily complex, but i've been doing this too long for anything to really be 'easy to implement'. :)

loopus wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:12 pm Oh and another small thing: there are some sample labels that tag the key of the samples with an "f" for flat and a "s" for sharp, so for instance Fsm is F#m ..and sample manager does not recognize those values....
Ok, that's a new one for me. We'll add a ticket for that. thanks.

marvotron wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:52 pm Pathname should show as the tooltip of the sample name in the bottom view. Not ideal, I know, but its there.

Duplicate detection and hiding is coming. This will be the first pass at a system dealing with duplicate files so we'll have quite a bit of room to improve any workflow surrounding it
May I oversee it or it's not there (the pathname)

bug may.png
And another question: I will change to a new laptop. How can I provide a smooth change without loosing my tags, etc.?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rabbit in a hole

Yep, sorry. It's actually a bug where the tooltip isn't showing in the bottom sample view.
Dammit. :)

If you move to a new machine the smoothest transition will be if the samples are in the same location on the new machine as they are on the old one. Then you can use the Export Database option in settings and restore it on the new machine.

Can someone help? ADSR Sample Manager for me is dope but I hate that whenever I load new library (sample pack) it takes it years to 'analyse' the files inside the sample pack or what's even worse the 'analyse' percent sometimes doesn't even move it reaches like 0.5% or more and I can wait for hours from then but nothing happens (it's mostly with big libraries) and that really makes me stay away from the plugin, but I really like it and want to use it but this is so annoying.
Sidenote: I have fast PC with a new a fast SSD so it definitely is not because of my computer.
PLEASE HELP!

We have a new version coming out very soon, if you join the facebook group there is a beta available.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/281540719184087/

Quite a few issues with analysis hanging have been fixed since the 1.2 release.

I know overall the analysis phase can take quite some time, not because the process is inherently slow but at the moment we're being very conservative with cpu / disk usage in the background. This is something we're working on and will have some better options for soon.

I guess is free and thanks for this. But first few minutes of using - no global volume control, no multiple selection of libraries (i.e. seem to have to manually delete one by one if needed), rex files not recognised, sample drag mode should be on the main page not hidden in options, why is the sample name changed when dragged for export to some complicated file name (can't seem to turn this off - maybe u can?), click on sample plays sample but click again doesn't stop etc etc some pretty simple things that immediately limit fluid use. Back to Loopcloud...

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Latest version has a volume control, expand the sample view by dragging the divider upwards and you can see it.

There are no multiple selection of libraries right now. I'll make a note.

Rex file support. Its already on our list.

Sample Drag Mode selection is available via the 3 dots above the drag icon in the sample view.

The sample name is changed when we process the sample before dragging, stretch, pitch, crop etc. This is so you can distinguish the original file from edited versions and prevent overwriting the original. We *could* add an option to use the original file name and this has been considered but we always implement features with the principle of not changing your existing data, either on purpose or inadvertently.

click on sample plays sample but click again doesn't stop : You mean on the waveform itself or the play button?

A non-installer may be possible at some point in the future. We have discussed a portable version, but no concrete plans yet.

thanks for the feedback.

marvotron wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:31 pm Latest version has a volume control, expand the sample view by dragging the divider upwards and you can see it.
i only see sample gain, on 1.5.1. :help:

The sample name is changed when we process the sample before dragging, stretch, pitch, crop etc. This is so you can distinguish the original file from edited versions and prevent overwriting the original. We *could* add an option to use the original file name and this has been considered but we always implement features with the principle of not changing your existing data, either on purpose or inadvertently.
Jesus christ, the new version makes a “gain +0.0dB" copy of a file everytime i drag it out of it.

That's. Terrible.Can you please not?
this didn't happen in previous versions - because i used it and my lib remained clean. I get that you need a new version if you change something, but if I keep the default settings a new file SHOULD NOT be created.
now i can't delete them because it will break all my current dependencies. :o

That's downright horrible...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”