v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Please note that variations may create notes outside the range.
The note range should be respected for the original generated notes.
Now that saving and loading presets work, you can send me a badly behaving melody (.RCmldy files from Documents/RapidComposerV3/MelodyPresets).

I noticed that as well..(variations effect).. It's not that bad, but, when you create a melody for a specific instrument with a narrow range, like a flute, some violins, etc.., it's just extra work..

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:31 pm Yes, dear BluGenes, and there were also other fixes that I did not mention. Stability first! I receive more feedback and more requests than I can handle, but I am happy because people like the new Melody Editor. I will make a plug-in version soon so that everybody can use it.
I absolutely agree! Making it crash proof is by far the most important process. It's an amazing amount of work, I know first hand the process. It's very easy to get overwhelmed with suggestions and I hope everyone understands that, in time, it gets improved. But, making it stable first, is precedent.. we all salute you!

I haven't had a chance to look at the new melody editor, is there a video about it ?
I just posted this VST3 and VST Chaining with KV Element

crossovercable wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:29 am I haven't had a chance to look at the new melody editor, is there a video about it ?
I just posted this VST3 and VST Chaining with KV Element
right here... viewtopic.php?p=7698399#p7698399

The issue with limiting notes in the melody editor is fixed if you add a limit note range to the track.. works great with that..

This is more of a question.. in a melody, if I wanted a single note across a whole bar, how would I do that? (based on the melody generation rules)

The rest/hold isn't helping and if I edit notes in the editor, they always split..

deleted
Last edited by lulukom on Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hi Attila! In the Melodic Editor, it would be very nice to make it possible to drag and swap sections. Thanks ! New Modern Rhythm is very good, thanks.
Last edited by lulukom on Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

I would like to add that after dragging a midi file into the Melody Editor, the program hangs, but the drag and drop continues to work!
I would like to clarify that the program hangs after turning on the mutator ..

BluGenes wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:14 pm This is more of a question.. in a melody, if I wanted a single note across a whole bar, how would I do that? (based on the melody generation rules)

The rest/hold isn't helping and if I edit notes in the editor, they always split..
never mind i got it to work..

Hi Attila!
I found out that not all MIDI files when dragged into the Melody Editor cause the program to freeze (and when using the Mutator)
Here are some midi files that cause this problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

not sure but probably i ask this before
trying to Randomize & Regenerate Euclidean Rhythm
but..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:25 pm Please note that variations may create notes outside the range.
The note range should be respected for the original generated notes.
Now that saving and loading presets work, you can send me a badly behaving melody (.RCmldy files from Documents/RapidComposerV3/MelodyPresets).
to avoid this, maybe a general for all working variation effect note range can help. this offer to add a note range and what should do with the notes when it is over range. shift 1 octave , ignore or clip to chord note that is nearest range limit. this can then use in all generators
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

+1

Return to “MusicDevelopments”