Releases for 2020..... Ableton, Apple, Presonus

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, milk 'em as long as they're there. ;)

Might be a good point, though. Maybe they aim for a earlier release to benefit from all the "home officers" who have a loose pocket at the moment...

chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:45 amMight be a good point, though. Maybe they aim for a earlier release to benefit from all the "home officers" who have a loose pocket at the moment...
I'm one of them. But I hesitate to get anything (and there ARE some great deals around) because who knows if I'll ever use it? Or maybe I'll need the money to buy toilet paper when it's $1k / roll...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

May be I am lucky and there will be the promised upgrade für Loomer Aspect.

classic wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:38 pm May be I am lucky and there will be the promised upgrade für Loomer Aspect.
That's not a DAW...
Music tech enthusiast

:dog: :hihi: Äääääähhhhm, may be after the upgrade it is on

classic wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:51 pm :dog: :hihi: Äääääähhhhm, may be after the upgrade it is on
Hah, you got me :tu: :hihi:
Music tech enthusiast

Tracktion Waveform11 just came out yesterday .

zentatonic wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:51 pm Who will be first to implement some form of take comping
I am pretty sure you can do this already in Bitwig with multi-track view or whatever it was called.

zentatonic wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:51 pm Who will be first to implement some form of take comping/management? Live or Bitwig?
AFAIK Logic Pro can do this.

Logic is so friggin good I've pretty much stopped waiting for updates. Whenever one comes It's gonna be a nice bonus.

mrj1nx wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:15 pm Logic is so friggin good
Oh yeah!

mrj1nx wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:15 pm Logic is so friggin good I've pretty much stopped waiting for updates. Whenever one comes It's gonna be a nice bonus.
For some reason I never stick with it, but in terms of features it's hard to imagine what they're going to add to Logic. It really is a complete solution.

jonljacobi wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:05 pm
mrj1nx wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:15 pm Logic is so friggin good I've pretty much stopped waiting for updates. Whenever one comes It's gonna be a nice bonus.
For some reason I never stick with it, but in terms of features it's hard to imagine what they're going to add to Logic. It really is a complete solution.
They could always finish updating the graphics on all of their instruments and effects. I would love an update to Ultrabeat with a sane updated interface instead of that drum designer monstrosity/hack. The same for their synths. Logic's synths still sound amazing for their age, but the UI on them really do them a disservice.

Better Midi routing without having to resort to the Environment would be nice. Better routing in general would be nice. I also don't like the way busses work in Logic.

Other than that I think Logic is pretty much feature complete at this point. It has pretty much everything you could ask for in a DAW.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:42 am
jonljacobi wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:05 pm
They could always finish updating the graphics on all of their instruments and effects. I would love an update to Ultrabeat with a sane updated interface instead of that drum designer monstrosity/hack. The same for their synths. Logic's synths still sound amazing for their age, but the UI on them really do them a disservice.

Better Midi routing without having to resort to the Environment would be nice. Better routing in general would be nice. I also don't like the way busses work in Logic.

Other than that I think Logic is pretty much feature complete at this point. It has pretty much everything you could ask for in a DAW.
While i might just use 5-10% of Logic‘s features i still miss a few things like midi FX channel on stacked tracks. More layers possible like nested stacked tracks into stacked tracks (so like Bitwig allows f.e.).
Then it still has a lot bugs and is also a bit unstable.
Give me back microtuning and waveform import for Alchemy!!
I would die also for the Alchemy modFX effect as own FX plug-in. There is nothing like it out there so far also not in StepFX.
There are some more things i miss in Logic but it is still best bang for bucks im music software history for me.

I guess we will only see Studio One 5 and later towards the end Cubase 11 updates. And maybe small updates for Bitwig and FL.
I feel like no serious updates for Live or Logic coming this year considering their slow pace.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”