Imaginando FRMS - new granular/FM hybrid synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Imaginando just announced their new hybrid synthesizer, FRMS. Intro price is €59:
https://www.imaginando.pt/products/frms

Looks decent UI-wise but haven't had the opportunity to listen to the samples or actually test it.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

What a great synth, thanks imaginando.

The dev is awesome and really active

I like the developer and their plug-ins.
But validation failed in Logic for the demo. :neutral:

Hi

'Browse the library of included samples, drop in your own, or even granulate live input'

Does this mean it can be used as an fx/insert?

original flipper wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:21 pm Hi

'Browse the library of included samples, drop in your own, or even granulate live input'

Does this mean it can be used as an fx/insert?
Yes. I just put FRMS after a synth and clicked the record button and it sucks the synth output into the granular engine. very nice. :tu: :phones:

Argh... no GUI scaling ?? still seems really nice.
Last edited by plexuss on Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i don t have any plugins from then but i really like their first plugin

ok just purchased will give it a spin

Seems pretty nice. The envelopes could have a greater range I think for ambient.

Do i miss something or is there is no FX version? At least i see no in the demo (which works now in Logic). I thought it also can do live input?

Cinebient wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:11 pm I like the developer and their plug-ins.
But validation failed in Logic for the demo. :neutral:
That problem is already solved. You can download an updated installer from https://www.imaginando.pt/products/frms/downloads

Cinebient wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:26 pm Do i miss something or is there is no FX version? At least i see no in the demo (which works now in Logic). I thought it also can do live input?
It definitely can.
I don't know about the demo version though.
It uses the Side Chain to get the signal, then click on "waveform" (just bellow layer 1234) to toggle to input.

Interesting concept for sure... On paper. Don't hear anything mind-blowing though from the audio examples or trailer. Need to demo, still worth the try I think.

MPE mode seems broken. If I switch it on, I get no sound at all, no matter how I set the Midi channels...

Return to “Instruments”