Groove Agent 5 - your opinions and alternatives

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:53 pm
Calenberger wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:01 pm The Drummer in Logic is ... errrmm ...
In comparison;
The drummer in Logic is limited...
not really, depends on yours skills...

Calenberger wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 pm
Calenberger wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:01 pm The Drummer in Logic is ... errrmm ...
In comparison;
As in common Apple fashion, you missed the point! :lol:

BBFG# wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:58 pm
Calenberger wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:54 pm
In comparison;
As in common Apple fashion, you missed the point! :lol:
As in common Anti Apple fashion, you too... :roll:

Seems like you still aren't. And I'm okay with Apple, they used to be my customers. Their customers though? Well they often don't get it.

Perfect, let's derail this thread into the usual Apple bashing thing!
:lol:

I have Groove Agent 5 since the very day it was released, but still unable to use it because it crashes under OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 which I can't upgrade due to lack of time. I quite like Groove Agent 4 though, and used to use it quite a lot. Kinda abandoned it after getting SSD5.

Groove Agent 5 users...a workflow question:

If I have a ton of kick / snare / drum WAV samples from 3rd party libraries (not Steinberg), is there an easy way to find /audition / layer these within Groove Agent, and not have to search through folders on my hard drive.

Many thanks again! I´m close to buying Groove Agent so looking at workflow stuff now.

Calenberger wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:22 am Perfect, let's derail this thread into the usual Apple bashing thing!
:lol:
I'm not bashing Apple.
You're the one bringing it in as a direct competition to GA5. I mentioned Maschine and Geist.
For the OP without certain specifics, there's one thing your drummer absolutely cannot do that those three can.
And so far, that makes your comments irrelevant to the thread. Maybe quit throwing Apple into the mix until it's appropriate?

Moving back to topic:
I have GA5 and Maschine 2 now. Had Geist 1 and thought highly of it until a certain update seen to make it lose its sample libraries continually for me. So it became a bit of a PITA I wasn't willing to deal with at the time. I often consider Geist 2 now. I think the resale hoop of transfer fees prevents me from jumping back on board though. Bear in mind too, that reselling GA5 and Maschine 2 have their hoops to jump through as well. So once you got any of them, they can be sticky to off them.

I enjoy having multiple drummers though (including AD2), and each seem to bring their own perspective to the table.
Personally don't think you can go wrong with any of those. But as always YMMV.

Ian Mackie wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:30 pm Groove Agent 5 users...a workflow question:

If I have a ton of kick / snare / drum WAV samples from 3rd party libraries (not Steinberg), is there an easy way to find /audition / layer these within Groove Agent, and not have to search through folders on my hard drive.

Many thanks again! I´m close to buying Groove Agent so looking at workflow stuff now.
Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Perhaps someone who imports their own samples or uses 3rd party samples in Groove Agent 5 can help?

Many thanks!!

If you use Cubase, imo GA5 is the best bet. Because it is native. Meaning you can drag audio files and slices from arrangement page to pads. You can export files from Sampler Track to it.
Have it's own browser.
Plus it has in place audition feature which is great. Also a great slicer and note repeat and patterns function. Only downslide is it is a bit convoluted just like Cubase :) But if you are used to it than it is fine.

Ian Mackie wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:18 pm
Ian Mackie wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:30 pm Groove Agent 5 users...a workflow question:

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Perhaps someone who imports their own samples or uses 3rd party samples in Groove Agent 5 can help?

Many thanks!!
Yes, I often use my own collection of wavs, via the built in browser. You can make favorite folders there, audition, audition 'in place' which is super useful, drag/drop/layer and tweak on.

kevvvvv wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:30 am XLN XO is definitely cool - a better way of working, at least for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3y2xu3QHqY
Really cool but XO seq lost the sync with Ableton Live... Intermittently... For one second then restart... Really annoying!

Geist 2

Return to “Instruments”