Please suggest some vintage reverbs to checkout

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Please suggest some vintage style reverbs to checkout (plugins).
Preferably warm and lush.
Not for real spaces or rooms.

Thanks!

Comet... Can do warm and lush very well. :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Are you after warm and lush in a hi-fi vintage sense? If yes, then ...

Relab Sonsig-RevA has 3 modes: QRS (Quantec), 224 (Lexicon) and REV-A (Relab).

or

Relab LX480 Random Hall

Currently each on sale (March 2020) for $99.

Etienne1973 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:36 pm Are you after warm and lush in a hi-fi vintage sense? If yes, then ...

Relab Sonsig-RevA has 3 modes: QRS (Quantec), 224 (Lexicon) and REV-A (Relab).

or

Relab LX480 Random Hall

Currently each on sale (March 2020) for $99.
I don't understand what you mean by a hifi sense, but yes, I'm seeking for reverbs which sound like these two.
Right now these are in my potential buy list: UAD 224, UAD 480, these two Relab reverbs, Blackhole, Tsar-1.
Do you think there are any additional reverbs I should check?

Comet is lush, but too clean.

Thanks.
Last edited by roman.i on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valhalla Vintage Verb is a nice and a capable reverb if you look for something cheaper. I have Relab LX480 complete which is a nice emulation of the famous Lexicon 480L. More expensive but worth the money IMHO. Art Acoustic also have a nice reverb capable of lush spaces but I would not really call it vintage. Worth checking out though.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Don't understand it as well, probably your "vintage" is not the same as mine.
Vintage verbs I know of were not lush but quite metallic which sucked big time.

So better give an example maybe.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:15 am Don't understand it as well, probably your "vintage" is not the same as mine.
Vintage verbs I know of were not lush but quite metallic which sucked big time.

So better give an example maybe.
Because were talking about different algorithms. You're probably talking about rooms and halls, those are irrelevant in my case, unless they sound artificial.
I'm talking about reverb that creates a "cloud" around the instrument, more like a delay in diffusion mode if that makes sense.
Examples - all the mentioned reverbs above.
ATN69 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:45 am Valhalla Vintage Verb is a nice and a capable reverb if you look for something cheaper. I have Relab LX480 complete which is a nice emulation of the famous Lexicon 480L. More expensive but worth the money IMHO. Art Acoustic also have a nice reverb capable of lush spaces but I would not really call it vintage. Worth checking out though.
Vintage verb is going to end up in my arsenal anyway, it's cheap and has tons of algorithms.
I'll check again the Art Acoustic.

roman.i wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:02 amI'm talking about reverb that creates a "cloud" around the instrument, more like a delay in diffusion mode if that makes sense.
Eventide Blackhole is a modern reverb algorithm. But it's usually the one I choose if I'm after an extreme otherworldly non-realistic sonic cloud experience.

roman.i wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:28 am Comet is lush, but too clean.
This then! Eventide SP2016 Reverb.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Valhalla Vintage, I've tried countless verbs over years, and this one just seems to work, on about anything and everything. Very flexible. Don't be afraid to turn the knobs, it can take you just about anywhere.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

roman.i wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:28 am I don't understand what you mean by a hifi sense, but yes, I'm seeking for reverbs which sound like these two.
Take a look at NI's Reverb Classics then.

Try Raum from NI. I also agree with SP2016, although it may not be what you want - hard to understand exactly what you're after, but it's a nice vintage reverb.

Valhalla Vintage Verb

Relab Sonsig A (vintagey or modern)

Exponential R4 (I like this better than Valhalla usually)

Those are really the only 3 I use anymore. You might get more vintage looking at tape delays or Valhalla Delay etc.

It would help if you could give some audio examples of "vintage style" reverbs that you like. "Vintage" can mean 60s chambers, springs and plates or 80/90s digital...

Anyway if you like diffuse delay then don't be afraid to use that instead. Have you tried the Surreal Machines one? Very smooth, and discounted at the moment.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”