Is Android Dead?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love my Android phone but I also love my iPad and iOS for music has pretty much nailed the non-computer market. Wickedly portable and usable once you got a bit of interface action going.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

No, this is the era Android is going to live...In 2019, Samsung 's market share was 31.38% and Apple has 22.4%.
strict behavior of iOS has mad users disappointed and in 2020, definitely Android will get more market share than in 2019

Amy Pang wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:28 am No, this is the era Android is going to live...In 2019, Samsung 's market share was 31.38% and Apple has 22.4%.
strict behavior of iOS has mad users disappointed and in 2020, definitely Android will get more market share than in 2019
worldwide Android has much more market share that Apple, but that doesn't really matter if none of that translates into good music apps

Android isn’t dead, it just smells funny.

Well Android just lost however many million Huwai users......
Instant human just add coffee

Well no matter how many it might have lost, it still isn’t really a viable music platform.

BiancaNeve wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:23 pm Well Android just lost however many million Huwai users......
For the market share, that doesn't really matter much.
Forgotten wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:28 pm Well no matter how many it might have lost, it still isn’t really a viable music platform.
Yep.

Android for music never really lived.
Making music/sketches on a iPad can be enjoyable. There are some good and fun apps out there.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

For music Android never was alive yet really.
IOS is the ONLY great mobile music thing with multi-touch optimized apps.
Also people who think its a toy have not the slightest clue.
Tons of pro music apps are there.
From small cheap synths which sounds as good as all the best plug-ins to the latest and greatest Fabfilter tools for 1/10 of the desktop price.
DAWs are a bit „not there yet“ on iOS but f.e. midi tools there are better than most desktop tools.
Better GUIs mostly and some more innovative things there.
Its the future of mobile music for new generations and a lot at least already use it as part of their setup.
There are a lot of iOS apps i would love to have on my mac.
Old dinosaurs will die. ;)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:39 pm ...it seems like iOS was built with audio processing in mind. They've got AU, Audiobus, decent MIDI support, low-ish latency.
All of this is a direct result of iOS being a derivative of Mac OS X...
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:39 pm For all the things I don't like about Apple, and there are a LOT, they do seem to grasp the importance of things like MIDI, and integrating hardware for audio professionals, and having a music friendly OS, ...
They used to. They’re squandering this as they dump more and more unnecessary junk into iOS & Mac OS as they push out all-in-ones and crippled portables (crippled by a pathological obsession with thinness, instead of unthrottled desktops that non-plutocrat power users can afford), luxury phones, luxury watches, “smart speakers”... and then try to get everyone to rebuy the same thing again in three years (or less).

The current Apple is not the same company as the one that built Mac OS X & iOS. The current Apple has lost their way and is obsessed with exactly the behavior their beloved Steve Jobs hated about other companies (it’s all about the stock market).

Edit: Don’t get me wrong; I have tons of great iOS music apps and Apple’s competition isn’t even close. It’s just that today’s Apple isn’t all that interested in serving artists; only device sales.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Yes..In the music point, I also accept all your opinions. Actually, Android does not have any sense of music. At least, we cannot even find a good music player that fits all our needs..

bog standard music player that comes with my phone works perfectly, no probs with that here

it plays music, not sure what more you need

Oddly enough, other people have other needs. That's why there are different applications out there that fulfil the same basic function. I can't see why anyone uses anything other than CP/M-80 and an assembler.

use a dedicated hardware music player then....

its a cheap all in one phone/camera/pc

if you want bells and whistles, splash out on dedicated hardware

Going off on a rant here, but I've never had an Android device with a battery that lasted longer than 2 hrs, even with everything disabled -- services, location, Wifi, on Airplane... portable this is not. It's a shame; I infinitely prefer Android's the file-centric interface to IOS's application-centric. As well as its open architecture, hardware interfaces, being able to fix everything (except the power usage), being able to use a proper ebook reader (one that allows you to use third-party fonts and microtype, for example)...

Sorry for the rant; I'm just really disappointed that a product I love is so unusable.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”