VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nix808 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:45 am I have the most respect for BRA,
after only noticing you today
This bundle is such a goodwill gesture,
and I do hope you kick it with us forever

You could make a 0 latency compressor by dividing the AC signal by itself, could you?
Dividing by itself would result in 1 <-- no attenuation/boost?! What exactly do you mean? Besides that -- feedback compressors or anything that shows complexity in the manner of calculating based on historic values would ultimately cause latency. There are prognosis based approaches and approaches of future estimation with pre-calculating all potential future values and align the current cycle-wise - but this would have regular CPUs explode.
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

haha-
alright I'm not the sharpest tool in the box

I was working on expander logic,
so if the signal is multiplied by itself, we have expansion-
I thought that must work backwards too

sorry-still trying to think properly of this, I hope you could give this hack any future credibility

so instead of using RMS we could possibly perform something sample by sample, if it was just simple math

or if RMS means a windowed amplitude of some sort, there could be a sample by sample alternative,
ie. I think expansion can simply be done with a power

like this?==>
compression contention.png
..just a thought, I really don't want throw some conversational dissonance

generally- in compression we require a DC window sampled over a small period of time as best we can gather it or via whatever methods we devise, and my algo for that is RMS, but I can't write RMS, like I say I am a hack heh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nix808 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

i've decided to get the bundle (3 new great compressors, Pultec emus and a channel strip for 85 EUR is not a bad deal!), and give away my existing BRA licenses in exchange for donations to the WHO Covid fund.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I just got the bundle Burillo,
other folk can pick your nice offer up

edit:(I guess it's no help really from me)
Last edited by nix808 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burillo wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:44 am i've decided to get the bundle (3 new great compressors, Pultec emus and a channel strip for 85 EUR is not a bad deal!), and give away my existing BRA licenses in exchange for donations to the WHO Covid fund.
That's just great. Thank you!
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

nix808 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:21 am like this?==>
compression contention.png
..just a thought, I really don't want throw some conversational dissonance

generally- in compression we require a DC window sampled over a small period of time as best we can gather it or via whatever methods we devise, and my algo for that is RMS, but I can't write RMS, like I say I am a hack heh
Hi nix808 -- I cannot get into detail, as my time is very limited due to daily business. Maybe we can get into detail on a different channel, if you are interested. Sorry.
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

oh, no worries
thanks for the stellar plugs which I will use for mastering
I'll drop you a line/comment on KVR when I master some synth guitar with your stuff
all the best in these difficult times mate

I got the bundle, too. Besides getting excellent value for money, I think this is a way to support a small business in these difficult times.

And… lots of new toys for me that help against bore-out.

nix808 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:09 pm oh, no worries
thanks for the stellar plugs which I will use for mastering
I'll drop you a line/comment on KVR when I master some synth guitar with your stuff
all the best in these difficult times mate
The same for you! Thanks!
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

Is it possible to add higher zoom level for the gui? I find even the largest zoom too small already on a 4k display. At least 150% should be available I think.

midi_transmission wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:28 pm Is it possible to add higher zoom level for the gui? I find even the largest zoom too small already on a 4k display. At least 150% should be available I think.
We will talk about that in our next internal meeting. Never had any complaints so far. Maybe I should start a poll, what do you guys think?
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

i think resizable GUI is a must these days. that's not even a question. even i avail of the feature from time to time (i like having a giant knob), and i don't have a 4K display.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Just wondering is it ok to sell my Black Rooster Audio VPRE-73 license since I can't use it anymore. Even I've reinstalled it (+ the freebies) , Cubase (Pro 10.5) doesn't find it and it won't show up on the plugin list.

Edit: Solved! Thanks Black Rooster Audio support!
Last edited by J4R1O on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Sorry to missuse this as a feedback post.

Any idea if and when VST3 versions are coming?
Autogain for the output would be great on all plugins as an option to keep the same loudness.
Very good sounding distortion on all plugins so far! The VPRE73 is my favourite. Great sounding.
The VLA-2a is my favorite looking gui from BRA. Prefere this look to the FET.

Return to “Effects”