Xils 3 LE : The EMS VCS3 (Synthi) Emulation (On sale 9.9€)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 3 LE

Aloysius wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:42 pm I had no idea you had an interest in music making. Nice one. :tu:
I'm full of surprises ... ;)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:02 pm
Aloysius wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:42 pm I had no idea you had an interest in music making. Nice one. :tu:
I'm full of surprises ... ;)
are you a pinata?

or a kinder egg? choccadooby!

Will have to check ... :wheee:

musical wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:51 pm How much is the upgrade from LE to Xils 3?

I can't find the price. I'd like to know before I buy.
You get a coupon on your xils account. Coupon's value is 34€. So basically you'll get the Xils 3 for 149-34 = 115€
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Bugs are fixed in latest beta
- extended matrix in fx version didn't show up
-feedback has now a hard clipper , and corrupted ( the output )reloaded patches

Thanks to myself for bug reporting
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:09 am Thanks to myself for bug reporting
Thanks from me too :tu:

Lotuzia wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:40 am As some of you might already know, when you intall the Xils 3 AND if the Xils 3 LE was already installed, the Xils 3 will replace the LE versions (i.e not only replace the LE in all your daw projects, but also it won't show anymore in the DAW's plugin list).
This is wrong. It should not be like this where one plugin is cancelling out another.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:14 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:09 am Thanks to myself for bug reporting
Thanks from me too :tu:
And from me. Kudos :tu:

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I found another bug in the latest upload
The osc 2 square level and trapezoid attack level , automatically resets to zero when I render a selection to sample in renoise ( this is like a mixdown in other daws but on a specific selection ) ,.
Rendering to selection automaticlly resets renoise auio engine , and for some reason xils resets both parametrs to zero .

I love this synth , but have never encountered so many bugs in the last week , some of which were a few years old
I honoustly don't have a lot of faith in xils anymore
Eyeball exchanging

And here another mayor bug ( supossed to be fixed )
Load this preset and wonder why there is pulse width modulation going on on osc 2 , exactly ...nothing is being modulated.
Also the output of osc 3 triangle is silent ( just enable it in pin matrix and level is up ..nothing is heard )
Now reload xils and reload the patch , again horrible aliasing noise ,ad this goes for every other loaded patch .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: ...the output of osc 3 triangle is silent ( just enable it in pin matrix and level is up ..nothing is heard )
I havent tried the most recent build, but with the first 2.5.2 beta from a few days ago Osc3s Triangle is in fact 3dB quieter than Osc2s Triangle but not completely inaudible.

gentleclockdivider wrote: I honoustly don't have a lot of faith in xils anymore
What Xavier needs is a good assistant. One who really checks out everything and sees when something aint right. Because while Xavier is good at coding, he just lets much too many bugs slip through. XILS3 is a good example for this because the list of bugs and inaccuracies even in this feature-reduced LE version is so long its almost unbelievable.

Just today i found 3 more:

- The sequencer always resets to start on LOOP whether SEQ RST is pinned or not. On REVERSE it only resets to start with SEQ RST pinned. (As it should be.)

- Chorus SPEED control is totally messed up. Dialling clockwise from the hard left position it first increases to circa 7, then it starts decreasing back to 1, then it starts increasing again.

- The Hertz readout of Osc3 on LOW is completely wrong. It displays up to 16.35Hz but the actual speed is much lower. (I would estimate its somewhere around 4Hz when the readout says 16.)

This is all stuff that neednt be if Xavier had someone who checks everything for proper function.

By the way, one thing that really annoyed me in the past was that moving the mouse outside the plugin window boundaries while dragging a knob would result in the knob no longer responding to the dragging. This is no longer the case with the beta i downloaded a few days ago, so thanks for that. :)

THe bug about osc triangle being silent when fully turned up only occurs with the preset I have provided . ( and also the ghost pulse width modulation )
I can live with minor bugs like an icorrect readout of the osc and envelopes ( the envelope times are also incorrect )
But the bug where osc 2 amplitude and env. attack stage always resets to zero while rendering makes this plugin unusable for me .
I already informed xavier about the bugs
Eyeball exchanging

ENV1 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:58 am By the way, one thing that really annoyed me in the past was that moving the mouse outside the plugin window boundaries while dragging a knob would result in the knob no longer responding to the dragging. This is no longer the case with the beta i downloaded a few days ago, so thanks for that. :)
Yes, this has been reported several times, a long time ago.

Btw Xils 3LE/3/4 series do have a legacy, and are modular, and, as such, quirky by nature (more than 400 connexions possible simultaneously, possibly/theorically all interacting, ... per patch. Some connexions are indded weird, like involving mono/stereo mods). There's however no chance you could find that many similar strange things in more recent xils-lab units. For good reasons. Then, all software have -more/less- bugs, or weird things happening. For myself, I've been able though to create thousands of patches with it. Effective, working patches -as I see them- Ymmv.

Yet, -imo- Xils X series are very powerfull, and offer an insane amount of possibilities, especially, for the Xils 3 LE, at a very affordable price. Here again ymmv.

Return to “Instruments”