Black Rooster Audio offers the #STAYHOME BUNDLE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kelvyn wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:54 pm Right! It does seem a little unprofessional not being able to exclude VAT from purchasers who are entitled to VAT exemption. It’s a total hassle to get the VAT back from our respective tax authorities.
Hmm, really? In the UK, it's simply an offset to the VAT you pay on the form you fill in each quarter – and I assume you are able to generate the totals from your accounting software. Is it really that hard in The Netherlands?

The zero-rating only applies when a vendor is in a different member state in any case. If you're buying from local suppliers, you will be paying the VAT upfront in any case. It's a bit more convenient to have it knocked off upfront but unless you're on some kind of flat-rate scheme I find it hard to see how it's inconvenient unless filing in the Netherlands is an absolute nightmare.

Gamma-UT wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:15 pm
kelvyn wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:54 pm Right! It does seem a little unprofessional not being able to exclude VAT from purchasers who are entitled to VAT exemption. It’s a total hassle to get the VAT back from our respective tax authorities.
Hmm, really? In the UK, it's simply an offset to the VAT you pay on the form you fill in each quarter – and I assume you are able to generate the totals from your accounting software. Is it really that hard in The Netherlands?

The zero-rating only applies when a vendor is in a different member state in any case. If you're buying from local suppliers, you will be paying the VAT upfront in any case. It's a bit more convenient to have it knocked off upfront but unless you're on some kind of flat-rate scheme I find it hard to see how it's inconvenient unless filing in the Netherlands is an absolute nightmare.
VAT paid on international transactions is not deductible in the periodic VAT declaration, at least over here. This is simply because VAT registered entities are exempt of that tax when purchasing abroad. This has been discussed "ad nauseam". Anyone who has an online business that collects VAT should have access to the EU database where those entities are registered, and should be able to exempt them of paying that tax.

If you pay the tax, it will not be refunded nor deducted. It will be a loss. On the periodic form you fill for the tax authorities you can only deduct VAT paid in your home country, because that's where you have to fill that obligation by law.
Fernando (FMR)

Well, I can't speak for other countries, and clearly we're on the way out. But for the last 20 years the form has had a box that says "VAT reclaimed on purchases and other inputs (including acquisitions from the EC)"

Gamma-UT wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:31 pm Well, I can't speak for other countries, and clearly we're on the way out. But for the last 20 years the form has had a box that says "VAT reclaimed on purchases and other inputs (including acquisitions from the EC)"
Yeah. it's not the same everywhere :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

midi_transmission wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:07 pm @Blackrooster: One wish I have is VST3 support for all plugins. Especially for Cubase. Is this planed at some point like in the next year or is this something which will probably not happen?

I like autogain with the right mouse al lot. Wish all plugins had autogain.

What I like with BRA plugins is that they sound very good when pushed in the red. Feels a lot like analog. You just push them and the signal gets a different color and some things in the spectrum are focused while others are hidden, but without being nasty. This way I get fat but cleaner signals at the same time. I can't describe it better. Anyone else have the same experience?
VST3 is in the making.
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

kidslow wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:15 am That was how it was explained to me. Existing customers. 90% off one single plugin, but not off bundles.
That is correct. Thank you!
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

Very generous offer. Thanks for the upgrade option as well!

Looks like a great deal. Thank you 8)

This is the best deal in 2019 and 2020 so far from any developer. Thanks a lot! :tu:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

i didn't think i needed the Pultecs, but i've grown to like the MEQ-5. it's a pity there's not an "all in one" version integrating all three (like NoiseAsh one), are there any plans on that front? that would make a killer EQ...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:19 pm i didn't think i needed the Pultecs, but i've grown to like the MEQ-5. it's a pity there's not an "all in one" version integrating all three (like NoiseAsh one), are there any plans on that front? that would make a killer EQ...
I've also been asking for that.

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:20 am
Burillo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:19 pm i didn't think i needed the Pultecs, but i've grown to like the MEQ-5. it's a pity there's not an "all in one" version integrating all three (like NoiseAsh one), are there any plans on that front? that would make a killer EQ...
I've also been asking for that.
Not planned, as it can be achieved with the DAW's capabilities. Sorry.
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

escalona wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:33 pm This is the best deal in 2019 and 2020 so far from any developer. Thanks a lot! :tu:
You are welcome!
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

BlackRooster wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:44 am
Too bad, also, how?

Ploki wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:37 pm
BlackRooster wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:44 am
Too bad, also, how?
well, if you put plugins one after the other, you get that. i'm not sure it's 100% equivalent though, because while the filters are completely passive, both the MEQ-5 and the EQP-1A have amps (unless MEQ-5 is completely passive as well, and the amp is just clean digital gain?).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Effects”