Elmyra - a DIY synth inspired by the Lyra-8

...and how to do so...
neutral-labs
KVRer
4 posts since 28 Mar, 2020

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:38 pm

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi fellow DIY people.

I designed this machine (https://neutral-labs.com/elmyra/) which may interest some of you. It's a design not unlike the Lyra-8, but I had Vlad Kreimer's blessing to create it. :wink:

You can (more or less) easily build it yourself. All the info you need is on the site, even etch masks for the PCB and an SVG if you like to create the panel yourself (though I'm also offering PCBs, panels, kits and builds).

Here's the build guide (https://neutral-labs.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Elmyra-v.1.1-build-guide.pdf).

Curious to know what you think, and if some of you would like to build it, I'd be honoured.

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
27425 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: Elmyra - a DIY synth inspired by the Lyra-8

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:36 pm

chaosWyrM
KVRAF
1932 posts since 29 Apr, 2010 from NYC

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:42 am

this looks awesome. id love one, but i def. do not have the skills required to make it myself. how much to buy a pre-made one?
ImageImageImage

neutral-labs
KVRer

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:03 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Drop me a message at admin@neutral-labs.com (mailto:admin@neutral-labs.com) along with your location and I'll send you more info. ;)

neutral-labs
KVRer

Post Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:37 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geZUIPqXZbA

Firmware v1.2 has optional chromatic mode and a (polyphonic) sequencer! :)

vurt
addled muppet weed
65128 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:57 am

nice!
same question as chaoswyrm? how much prebuilt? 8)

neutral-labs
KVRer

Post Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Thanks!

Same answer. ;)

Drop me an email and let me know your location: admin@neutral-labs.com (mailto:admin@neutral-labs.com)

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
27425 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:59 pm

vurt wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:57 am
nice!
same question as chaoswyrm? how much prebuilt? 8)
I was quoted 240 euros plus postage, PayPal fees and currency conversion. Decided to buy a Lyra.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”