Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

Question: when you download and install the Unify Content update, does Unify copy it from the download folder to its own folder in Unify, or does it reference it from the download folder? I just wanted to know if I can move or delete the copy in the download folder because when I did a search I do not see it in any Unify folder. Thanks!

effebal wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:23 am
SciFiArtMan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:42 pm
Anyway, I would appreciate if Unify could notify when a new update is available.
It could be a good feature to be implemented.
or not! don't need one more thing calling out.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

macmuse wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:39 pm Question: when you download and install the Unify Content update, does Unify copy it from the download folder to its own folder in Unify, or does it reference it from the download folder? I just wanted to know if I can move or delete the copy in the download folder because when I did a search I do not see it in any Unify folder. Thanks!
Good question!

Each .guru file is similar to a Zip archive. Unify unpacks the content into folder(s) under the main Unify data folder (wherever you have chosen to keep it). After this is done, you CAN and SHOULD delete the .guru file so it's no longer taking up space.

effebal wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:23 am ...I would appreciate if Unify could notify when a new update is available.
It could be a good feature to be implemented.
Already added. Click on the Help icon (question mark in the middle, at the bottom) and choose "Check for update". Your browser will open to a page which indicates the latest versions of everything (right now just Unify, but the list will grow).

getdunne wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:23 pm
David wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:03 pm I last updated to version 1.0.05; anything special I should do to go directly to 1.0.12? TIA!
If you're on Windows, just run the 1.0.12 installer.

On Mac, run the 1.0.6 installer, then the 1.0.12 updater.

On either platform, you'll need to update the Unify content. If you're as far back as 1.0.5, you should download the full Unify Factory Content.guru file, and either drag/drop it into the Unify GUI, or if you can't drag/drop, go to Settings and click the "Choose .guru file..." button.

(The "Choose .guru file..." button was added at v1.0.7, so if you have 1.0.5 and can't drag/drop, please email UnifySupport@PlugInGuru.com for more detailed instructions.)
Thanks, and everything seems to have gone well…except now in my two personal folders, I suddenly have duplicates of every patch! Obviously I did something out of protocol—any suggestions? (Besides just opening every dup and taking this as an opportunity to make each one into a variation, which would probably be fun a good quarantine project:)

C-quence wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:46 amI probably didn't describe it carefully enough: I mean using the qwerty keyboard to input midi notes.
Studio One has a QWERTY controller built-in that you can use your computer keyboard to input midi notes, apply sustain, switch octaves, etc.
Other daws can do it also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBhxAEll8-k
Links for several daws are in the video description.

I know, but my feature request was regarding the standalone version of Unify.

David wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:48 pm ...in my two personal folders, I suddenly have duplicates of every patch...
This happens very occasionally, and we're trying to track down why. Your case may help us figure it out, if you can provide more details. In particular:
  • Do you have duplicates of ALL patches, or only those in your User folders?
  • How may "personal folders" do you have, and what are the paths?
  • Have you ever moved any .upf or .unify files from one folder to another?

getdunne wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:56 pm
David wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:48 pm ...in my two personal folders, I suddenly have duplicates of every patch...
This happens very occasionally, and we're trying to track down why. Your case may help us figure it out, if you can provide more details. In particular:
  • Do you have duplicates of ALL patches, or only those in your User folders?
  • How may "personal folders" do you have, and what are the paths?
  • Have you ever moved any .upf or .unify files from one folder to another?
Duplicates are only in my folders, but include all patches.
I've got 2 personal folders.
I dragged them into the new install's Unify/Libraries folder from a saved version of the library created in version 1.0.05.

It seemed like the dups were created when I hit the lightning image right after opening the new version the first time, which was after dragging the old libraries to the new folder in the Finder.

Note that in the screen shot the new libraries are also in the User Folder, but in Unify's browser, that Library has only that generic User Patch, even though all my old patches are in the User Library folders, too:

HTH!

Is it possible for plugin Guru to provide a decent Nks template for customers of both Unify and Komplete Kontrol and Maschine owners. Thanks for the consideration!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Shane give us an option to copy and paste multiple - layers in 1 click please, thannnnnnnnnnks!!!

trusampler wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:37 pm Is it possible for plugin Guru to provide a decent Nks template for customers of both Unify and Komplete Kontrol and Maschine owners. Thanks for the consideration!
I have looked into this. It's a ton of work and there are fees involved, so it won't happen very soon. However I believe one of our users created a set of NKS patches. I will try to locate them and report here.

Chipi wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:08 pm Shane give us an option to copy and paste multiple - layers in 1 click please, thannnnnnnnnnks!!!
Can you suggest exactly how this should work? E.g., some way to mark the layers you want to copy, then the usual menu commands to copy and paste?

Also, can you give a specific scenario where this would allow you to do something you can't already do (perhaps with more clicks) with existing features?

On a few of the streaming videos I saw John using what I believe he called a Blue Tongue Drum, he also had a taped version, and maybe even a Black Tongue Drum sample. Are these only available in a preset package he was creating/selling? Are any tongue drums (or similar tuned perc) available in the Unify Factory content? Thanks!

Don't know if it was mentioned already or not: currently when you save a preset, its a bit complicated to tag properly and quickly - you have to type things. Moreover if a category exists with the name 'ARP' and you type 'Arp' there will be another category, and there will be a mess...
It would be cool if the user could tag with the mouse, based on the existing categories - already several categories/tags exist, Imho we don't really need the ability to create new ones.
+comment: it's a bit strange when I select 'Drum' category and in the resulting presets I see a preset that is in the 'BPM DRUM" category.... Moreover categories a bit 'crowded' when such variations exist:
-'BPM Drum'
-'BPM DRUM'
-'BPM DRUMS'

+Another comment/question: the 'instrument' filter is superb, I could quickly filter the patches where I used a specific plugin. I t would be cool, if such filter would exist for the effects, is this planned?

Return to “Instruments”