IK Multimedia T-racks Tape Machine Collection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Tape Machine Collection

Sorry if this is a bit off topic from the most recent posts, but there is a new update for T-RackS 5 live in My Products!

What’s new in T-RackS 5.3.2
  • Fixes a communication problem between T-RackS and ARC 2.5
  • Fixes possible issues with metering view and authorization
  • Fixes some possible graphical issues
  • Updated Sunset Sound Studio Reverb default opening settings
  • General Reliability Issues
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Ryan_IK wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:29 pm Sorry if this is a bit off topic from the most recent posts, but there is a new update for T-RackS 5 live in My Products!

Kind of pointless since ARC 2.5 is obsolete abandonware:

There's no Catalina update for ARC 2 and no plan for one.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=8888

And still no low CPU mode for Tape Machines either.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Why do you say “ARC 2.5 is obsolete abandonware”?

dbender wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:22 am Why do you say “ARC 2.5 is obsolete abandonware”?
jamcat wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:10 am There's no Catalina update for ARC 2 and no plan for one.

See, thanks, Arc isn't mentioned at all on that page, even in terms of a future update (The page incorrectly says "Below you will find a list of currently compatible products, a schedule for upcoming updates, and which products require further research." BUT there's only current stuff below, and no schedule for upcoming updates and which products require further research)

Peter -- will Arc be updated to be Cataloina compatible, and when?

Ryan_IK wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:29 pm Sorry if this is a bit off topic from the most recent posts, but there is a new update for T-RackS 5 live in My Products!

Any chance to give the user the option to choose which plugins would get installed on his HDD?

:hyper: Maybe it will be an optional paid for upgrade? :lol:

dbender wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:50 am See, thanks, Arc isn't mentioned at all on that page, even in terms of a future update (The page incorrectly says "Below you will find a list of currently compatible products, a schedule for upcoming updates, and which products require further research." BUT there's only current stuff below, and no schedule for upcoming updates and which products require further research)

Peter -- will Arc be updated to be Cataloina compatible, and when?
Catalina compatibility for ARC System is unfortunately not a trivial task but it is being worked on and we will share news about this when we have more information about Catalina compatibility. It obviously is not abandonware as it is part of one of the T-RackS fixes posted above.

nordickvr wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:49 am

Any chance to give the user the option to choose which plugins would get installed on his HDD?
The current installation process was created based on user feedback and facilitates easy demoing as well as offline authorization. However, I relay suggestions from those who do not want to install all plugins in the suite and/or who do not have or wish to use their DAW's plugin manager or similar to keep them off their plugin list.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:01 pm The current installation process was created based on user feedback and facilitates easy demoing as well as offline authorization. However, I relay suggestions from those who do not want to install all plugins in the suite and/or who do not have or wish to use their DAW's plugin manager or similar to keep them off their plugin list.
Peter, I frankly find it hard to believe that *any* customer has asked that all the plugins in the suite be installed on their system regardless of whether they are licensed or wanted. A pick list with choices on install seems to be far more user-friendly. The way you do it now seems dictated by the marketing department rather than the user experience team.

For anyone who is curious, my method to avoid the huge tracts of IK cruft on install (Mac) is to open the .pkg file using Pacifist and manually pull out just the plugins I want installed where I want them placed. I also install all the pak files that go into /Library/Application Support/IK Multimedia and the Presets into ~/Documents/IK Multimedia/.../Presets/ .... but this process is overly burdensome. It is however wholly in my control, and I have not encountered any problems with licenses doing it this way. Would be nice if the installer made this less manually intensive.

@kidslow
Thanks for the tip!
kidslow wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:01 pm ...
Peter, I frankly find it hard to believe that *any* customer has asked that all the plugins in the suite be installed on their system regardless of whether they are licensed or wanted. A pick list with choices on install seems to be far more user-friendly. The way you do it now seems dictated by the marketing department rather than the user experience team.
+1000

jamcat wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:10 am

Kind of pointless since ARC 2.5 is obsolete abandonware:

There's no Catalina update for ARC 2 and no plan for one.

And still no low CPU mode for Tape Machines either.
low cpu mode IMO will compromise the sound thus defeat the purpose of tape, but there should be only 1 plugin with all tapes instead of 4.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

You would switch your tape machine instances to full quality to mixdown.

It’s impossible to mix with tape machines on your tracks in real-time which makes it useless unfortunately. If you can’t mix with it you’re not going to use it.

It’s a nice idea but one pretty much everyone is passing on in practice, I imagine. I’m in a holding pattern on it myself. I’ll use it if I am one day able to mix in real-time with it, which a low cpu mode would allow. Until then I wouldn’t recommend anyone spend money on it because you can’t realistically use it as intended.

kidslow wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:01 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:01 pm The current installation process was created based on user feedback and facilitates easy demoing as well as offline authorization. However, I relay suggestions from those who do not want to install all plugins in the suite and/or who do not have or wish to use their DAW's plugin manager or similar to keep them off their plugin list.

For anyone who is curious, my method to avoid the huge tracts of IK cruft on install (Mac) is to open the .pkg file using Pacifist and manually pull out just the plugins I want installed where I want them placed. I also install all the pak files that go into /Library/Application Support/IK Multimedia and the Presets into ~/Documents/IK Multimedia/.../Presets/ .... but this process is overly burdensome. It is however wholly in my control, and I have not encountered any problems with licenses doing it this way. Would be nice if the installer made this less manually intensive.
Peter always gives the same response. Great job you do Peter.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Everything IK does it to facilitates easy 'sales and marketing'. Its their business model so that's up to them. Personally I find it it is really annoying (even more so with Amplitude) but you either have to learn to live with it or stop using IK stuff, I suspect only the latter will influence them to change their ways. :x

Despite owning quite a few TRacks modules I simply uninstalled and switched to other solutions. Pretty much the same thing with Amplitude, still installed (I have MAX) but using it less and less now MAX is less than 50% of what's shown as available!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Effects”