New Pigments 2 Thread (On Topic Discussion Only, Please)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Palette for Arturia Pigments 2 Pigments 5

Does anyone know how to remove those folders from Pigment's sample browser. These were my own folders. Thank you.

Also, as I understand, Pigments cannot read the folders with subfolders, as you can see from the picture with the WaveAlchemy folder.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:57 pm Pigments: Free Trial from Apr 2nd to Jul 3rd

https://www.arturia.com/make-music#en
Am I missing something here, haven’t they’ve always had a free trial? I’ve had Pigments 2 running in demo mode for quite a while.

sluggo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:38 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:57 pm Pigments: Free Trial from Apr 2nd to Jul 3rd

Am I missing something here, haven’t they’ve always had a free trial? I’ve had Pigments 2 running in demo mode for quite a while.
Not able to recall myself, but maybe there was a time period or limitation for the demo version?

At least now how I see is that Pigments can be used unrestricted, like how one would when owned, for the next 3 months.

@ Igro:

Mouseover the entry and click the appearing cross right hand side?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:01 pm
sluggo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:38 pm

Not able to recall myself, but maybe there was a time period or limitation for the demo version?

At least now how I see is that Pigments can be used unrestricted, like how one would when owned, for the next 3 months.
That's what I expected but when I clicked on the link, it just had the regular demo. Now that I think of it, I guess whatever they're doing will be done on or after April 2.

@sluggo Yeah, correct.

Can someone tell me how to automate parameters in Ableton 10? I tried to use the "configure" function. It works on the cutoff but it doesnt on the AMP Env Release and the Makro Knobs?

The cutoff filter is still not smooth when I turn it's knob.
This makes an horrible jerky sweep filter.

Does anyone know how to dix those freezes and lags especially when switching presets?

fuse wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:36 pm @ Igro:

Mouseover the entry and click the appearing cross right hand side?
Thank you fuse. It was not obvious - the cross appears only if you move the mouse to the right.

Of all my soft-synths - and I have stupidly many - Pigments seems to be a record holder on CPU-consumption. Worse is the fact that CPU-consumption seems to increase with every update. It will consume more CPU-cycles than vastly bigger soft synths.

Yesterday I got a new Arturia update - which rendered the Pigment synth close to unusable (core i7, win7-64). Increasing latency didn’t seem to work it’s usual wonders either. Not happy at all with this synth.

Sound is ace, but I refuse building a separate computer for it.
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

I don't think the CPU is that bad, but of course some presets draw more than others. I just went through about 15 presets using 4-5 notes at once and the most CPU I ran into (in the task manager) for the standalone version was 10% or less. It usually was around 4-6% for many presets.

Minimizing the display will save CPU also, especially if you aren't editing a preset or creating one, etc.

Igro wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:14 am Does anyone know how to remove those folders from Pigment's sample browser. These were my own folders. Thank you.

Also, as I understand, Pigments cannot read the folders with subfolders, as you can see from the picture with the WaveAlchemy folder.

Look in C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Samples\Pigments\User - you should see the folders there. If you don't want them, just delete them.
Fernando (FMR)

I have looked everywhere to try to figure this out but am at the end of my rope. There appears no way to loop a sample in Pigments 2 between two points. Yes, you can designate a start point in your sample, but you can't...

1. Designate an end point so that the loop goes back and forth between those two points.

2. Designate a loop section so that the sample starts at point A, and then hits points B and C and proceeds to loop back and forth between loops B and C.

So unless you have a very smooth loop to begin with, creating sustained sounds with loops in Pigments 2 is choppy at best.

I would think this would be basic functionality when working with samples. How does Pigments 2 not have this?

Return to “Instruments”